ryoder

What is worse than being trapped in a mine?

November 23, 2010 (AP) - 32 Chilean miners were finally pulled to safety after a harrowing 3-month ordeal. One heroic miner volunteered to stay behind as a subcontractor to NASA to continue research into adaptation to deep-space missions to other planets.

I wonder if he can tell the guys to say that he died in the mine collapse, and then sneak out later when no one is looking and escape? ;)

Reminds me of a canoe friend I have, who says; "I'd rather my wife catch me with a mistress, than purchasing another boat."

Way back when I was first jumping, I had the unpleasant experience of seeing a guy bust himself up really bad,
crashing a square.
He was one of the most experienced guys on the DZ, and the life of all the DZ parties.
His smoking hot GF always accompanied him to the DZ and the parties.

Well, as soon as they got him into the ICU, his wife and kids, (that none of us even knew existed),
showed up and kept a vigil at his bedside for the month he was there.
His GF made herself scarce until he was out of the hospital, and AFAIK, the family never learned about her.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Reminds me of a canoe friend I have, who says; "I'd rather my wife catch me with a mistress, than purchasing another boat."

I'm the same with canopies:$

As we say .... It's better to ask for forgivness than permission.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

But the miners -- who may not be drilled out until Christmas -- have started eating proper meals of 2,000 calories a day.

Apparently, they have put their differences aside and
are taking turns making him sandwiches.
:)

On Christmas, he'll be saying, "We can get out now? Oh...I'm good. Stuff to do. I'll be up in a moment..." :D

An old friend of mine once went on a climbing expedition. They planned to start on Everest and move on to K2. The team consisted of her, her husband, and the guy she was sleeping with.

This turned out to not be the best possible makeup for a high altitude climbing team. Who knew?

Way back when I was first jumping, I had the unpleasant experience of seeing a guy bust himself up really bad,
crashing a square.
He was one of the most experienced guys on the DZ, and the life of all the DZ parties.
His smoking hot GF always accompanied him to the DZ and the parties.

Well, as soon as they got him into the ICU, his wife and kids, (that none of us even knew existed),
showed up and kept a vigil at his bedside for the month he was there.
His GF made herself scarce until he was out of the hospital, and AFAIK, the family never learned about her.

***That's a beautiful story.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

Bwahaha! I loved this from the comment section:

-----------------------------------
Captain H.
Not to defend Yonni Barrios' past actions, but the man has been a hero in the current crisis. When he does make it out, they should not trouble him with their squabbles. They must put aside their differences and prepare to make a Yonni Barrios sandwich.
Killing threads since 2004.