turtlespeed

Looks like the USPA is up to it's old tricks again . . .

Care to elaborate??

I'll quote a comment.:)

Apparently it's not okay to tell other people when you know that a non-rated person was punished for doing instructional jumps without ratings by being allowed to go get ratings.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Willing to bet it's the old "Praise the unworthy and punish the innocent".

Noooo - not really -

More like: Reward what should be punished and STFU about it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

It's been my experience that real world training is the best kind . . .

Instead of what "they're" doing now there should be some kind of universal pre-AFF-instructor check dive after which you just go onto the real thing.

"Okay, Knob, here's how you do a Level One. If it goes pear shaped your only job is to disappear."

And so on down the line of progression.

Funny, and probably wrong, is the fact when you actually do a first time level six with a real student it's also the first time you've ever done a real level six, since you're own, in your life. So even on the later single Instructor dives, "Okay, Knob, here's your slot, stay in it and learn." Would work.

In fact, the best of us, you know, me (LOL) Jimbo, Lou, BillVon, etc, should be assigned a cadre of Knobs to fetch our beers and run errands for us. And in the down time of their stooping and fetching we'd impart certain pearls of wisdom learned over thirty years of dealing with the funnest sub-group in skydiving. The folks who just begin . . .

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BASEPolice21#p/u/4/rgJpqiIpeCQ

NickD :)

Instead of what "they're" doing now there should be some kind of universal pre-AFF-instructor check dive after which you just go onto the real thing.

"Okay, Knob, here's how you do a Level One. If it goes pear shaped your only job is to disappear."

And so on down the line of progression.

Funny, and probably wrong, is the fact when you actually do a first time level six with a real student it's also the first time you've ever done a real level six in your life.

Even on these later single Instructor dives, "Okay, Knob, here's your slot, stay in it and learn." Would work.

In fact, the best of us, you know, me (LOL,) Jimbo, Lou, BillVon, etc, should be assigned a cadre of Knobs to fetch our beers and run errands for us. And in the down time of their stooping and fetching we'd impart certain pearls of wisdom learned over thirty years of dealing with the funnest sub-group in skydiving. The folks who just begin . . .

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BASEPolice21#p/u/4/rgJpqiIpeCQ

NickD :)

Which is why out of all my video jumps, The students were the best, you never knew what would happen , and thier energy gave me a high....

You're right, Nick, but it's not going to happen, because that old system has been trashed.

The AFF-JM rating and what it took to get that rating prepared jumpers for AFF JM-ing. Want to go further? No worries. Work your ass off and get an AFF-I rating.

That system didn't bring in the $$, however, so now we have the IRM and the new system that brings lots of $$ to the table.

If it were about skills and development, USPA would still offer the Falcon and Eagle awards.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

Care to elaborate??

Apparently it's not okay to tell other people when you know that a non-rated person was punished for doing instructional jumps without ratings by being allowed to go get ratings.

Would it have something to do with this?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3972072;page=4;sb=post_latest

See posts #81 & #83

Care to elaborate??

Would it have something to do with this?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3972072;page=4;sb=post_latest

See posts #81 & #83

Hummmmm, many post missing in that thread...[:/]

I was wondering what "surprise" that student was going to provide - I was just certain that at pull time something (other than a minor dearch) 'fun' was going to happen.

Instead, the big surprise was just a really nice Instructional dive. Easy on the Instructor.

turns only, other stuff indicating, is that an old vid? - how old is it?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

No there is not. there are a total of 6 posts missing in the entire thread and was two people insulting each other or one person making jokes in the thread. 3 of the removed posts are from Airtwardo. You might want to get the facts before complaining ;)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

No there is not. there are a total of 6 posts missing in the entire thread and was two people insulting each other or one person making jokes in the thread. 3 of the removed posts are from Airtwardo. You might want to get the facts before complaining ;)

You migth want to get your facts straight, I made an observation, I Didn;t complain!:S Geeezzzzzus, nice stretch!

That airtwardo guy really has to make sure he's in Bonfire before he starts making jokes! :S

But cut him some slack, he's old and forgets where he's at 1/2 the time! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

That airtwardo guy really has to make sure he's in Bonfire before he starts making jokes! :S

And trys to forget the other half.:ph34r:

And trys to forget the other half.:ph34r:

But at least he tries not to spell like a 3rd grader. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~