Southern_Man

How does Wade Phillips still have a job?

Recover from what??? They are currently at rock bottom. Changing the head coach can't possibly make things any worse then they already are.

---------------------------------------------------------
I guess you don't remember the bobby petrino debacle in atlanta a few years back. You simply can't fire a head coach and expect the players to pick up a new system the new coach brings in and expect to get anywhere in midseason.

Recover from what??? They are currently at rock bottom. Changing the head coach can't possibly make things any worse then they already are.

---------------------------------------------------------
I guess you don't remember the bobby petrino debacle in atlanta a few years back. You simply can't fire a head coach and expect the players to pick up a new system the new coach brings in and expect to get anywhere in midseason.

I don't expect this season to be any better even with a new coach. I think bringing in a new coach is needed so that the Cowboys have a better season next year. At this point it can't make things any worse. Wade Phillips doesn't appear to be able to motivate this team at all.

With Jason Garrett as the new HC. They wont have to learn any newer systems and might win a few games down the stretch to screw themselves out of a better draft pick in april.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Basically JJ said that, historically, when a team switches head coaches during the middle of the season it doesnt turn out well. Even if that coach comes in and wins a some games. It just sets everyone up for unrealistic expectations for the next year.

I guess he is really saying.

Guys, we are sticking this season out with Wade and you can shoot him when its over. We just wanna make sure we give you enough ammo to shoot him up good.
Dom

Jerry Jones is a major part of the problem, unable to hire people and let them do their jobs. Big ego.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Why does he have a job? Who fucking cares? It's a god damned game. Get a life and actually do something productive like finding a cure for cancer instead of wasting time watching 300 lb guys wearing spandex hitting each other. Sheesh.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Why does he have a job? Who fucking cares? It's a god damned game. Get a life and actually do something productive like finding a cure for cancer instead of wasting time watching 300 lb guys wearing spandex hitting each other. Sheesh.

*** I think Buddha summed it up best when he said, "Don't tie your happiness to the goings on of a bunch of sweaty a$$holes.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver