DaGimp

Ft Campbell KY

I live "next door" in Clarksville.

Buy a house, between exit 8 and 11. If your bringing a youngen' Rossview is the Middle school and High School.

Second best is exit 1 and North East HS (I live here off exit 1)

Nashville is 45 minutes to an hour south east and there is tons to do there.

Land Between the Lakes is 45 minutes west, great water and land outdoor stuff to do area.

The Titan's rarely sell out so when your favorite NFL Team is in town you should be able to get tickets.

You got the # call if you want more.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I just got PCS orders for there. Any suggestions information from people that have been there...

I love FTCKY. Where you going? 5SFG?

At first, I didn't understand why people liked it so much, but having been to enough other places (though it was my only assigned post), I'd take Fort Campbell any day.

Clarksville, TN is the main town to the south of the post, it's very friendly to the post. Hopkinsville, KY lies about 10 miles north, and is also very friendly to the post (it's where I lived, found better housing, less expensive, and it's a fraction of the size of Clarksville). Nashville is only an hour away. Skydiving-wise, I don't know if anyone is still jumping at Clarksville or not. Skydiving in Kentucky is about an hour away. Skydive Alabama in Cullman is a few hours away but worth the drive. Start Skydiving in Ohio is about 4 hours away, and worth every mile. The demonstration team is up and running, good guys.

Other than that, it has the usual nearby...US Cav, Mr. Militaria, etc. The PX is huge. The Commissary is well run. There are five Wal-Mart super-centers, a Sam's Club, and Wal-Mart distribution center within a 25 mile radius of FTCKY :S.

The area is easy to get in and out of for lots of different activities. I liked it there.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I served there for five years. It is a nice post, and the area is great. My only complaint was with the traffic going on post in the mornings, but when I left they were rebuilding the gates to help reduce the problem.

It's a good area, off post housing is relatively cheap, and Clarksville will have most of what you need.

Oh yeah, stay away from the Pink Lady....

All the gates are expanded now, gate 4 is 6 lanes wide going in! So it is still slow but steady coming on post in the AM.

With the current deployment traffic is pretty thin any way right now.[:/]

The Pink lady burned down a little while back. But the Kat West is still there! and as of now back ON Limits!;)

Hooter's was under water after the flood but they are gonna bounce back just fine.

Matt

Jimi Hendrix served in the 101st Airborne at Ft Campbell. It's hallowed ground.

" His commanding officers and fellow soldiers considered him to be a subpar soldier: he slept while on duty, had little regard for regulations, required constant supervision, and showed no skill as a marksman. For these reasons, his commanding officers submitted a request that Hendrix be discharged from the military after he had served only one year. Hendrix did not object when the opportunity to leave arose. He would later tell reporters that he received a medical discharge after breaking his ankle during his 26th parachute jump."

Not the standards anyone would really strive for, especially 5th group troopers, sounds more like 10th group.
Who Dares Wins

Yeah he wasn't a stellar Soldier, but the guitar now!

A few of the Clubs he played in have changed hands so many times some of the new owners don't even know!

But a couple of Musicians i know have pointed the different places out, of course some are gone now.

DaGimp knows he has contacts here, he is just commiserating. ;)

Matt

Hooter's .... are gonna bounce .... just fine.

Matt

:D

Sorry. I had to. I'm PCSing to Hawaii, where I hear the traffic is brutal. Can't be worse that Hood, though. I almost went to SFAS, but I just couldn't run fast enough to qualify.

Good luck at Campbell!
Sincerely,
Kevin

Lved in murray KY which is about 45 mins from there give or take for about 10 years. Pretty much what everyone else has said is on point. Nashville is fun Land between the Lakes is great for hunting fishing boating whstever you want. Skydiving wise i know theres a DZ around there nottoo far off. Id have to call a friend whose jumped there. Other than that its western ky, it is what i is.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I just got PCS orders for there. Any suggestions information from people that have been there...

I love FTCKY. Where you going? 5SFG?

Skydive Alabama in Cullman is a few hours away but worth the drive. .
deff a + 1 I started skydiving at ft. campbell in 1979 I now live in nashville also skydive east tenn. has a pac 750 ... all winter from what i hear:P haven't got over there yet but i need to.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

All the gates are expanded now, gate 4 is 6 lanes wide going in! So it is still slow but steady coming on post in the AM.

Hooter's was under water after the flood but they are gonna bounce back just fine.

Yeah, gates are awesome, if they would just LEAVE THEM OPEN, I swear, this is the second time in a few years they've closed gate 5 on us!

They're currently tearing up many of the older roads and repaving them (some with more lanes, it looks like)

Hooters is back up and operational... Too bad there is still no BWW!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Not the standards anyone would really strive for, especially 5th group troopers, sounds more like 10th group.

:D:D:D

Man, NOBODY in 5th likes 10th... not gonna say why, but I have my own reasons... >:(
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

I live "next door" in Clarksville.

Buy a house, between exit 8 and 11. If your bringing a youngen' Rossview is the Middle school and High School.

Second best is exit 1 and North East HS (I live here off exit 1)

Nashville is 45 minutes to an hour south east and there is tons to do there.

Land Between the Lakes is 45 minutes west, great water and land outdoor stuff to do area.

The Titan's rarely sell out so when your favorite NFL Team is in town you should be able to get tickets.

You got the # call if you want more.

Matt

Go to dinner at Patti's

yeah! patti's is probably the best pork chop place in the world. and they ahve mini golf and lots of cool shops!

dont know if youre into mountain biking but theres miles of great trails near there too. super fun to ride.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Jimi Hendrix served in the 101st Airborne at Ft Campbell. It's hallowed ground.

" His commanding officers and fellow soldiers considered him to be a subpar soldier: he slept while on duty, had little regard for regulations, required constant supervision, and showed no skill as a marksman. For these reasons, his commanding officers submitted a request that Hendrix be discharged from the military after he had served only one year. Hendrix did not object when the opportunity to leave arose. He would later tell reporters that he received a medical discharge after breaking his ankle during his 26th parachute jump."

PM sent:|

Man, NOBODY in 5th likes 10th... not gonna say why, but I have my own reasons... >:(

Yes i am going to 5th SFG, most likely taking over the SigDet, and things will change if thats the case. I spent time in 7th SFG at Bragg, and i wont conform to the lax SF life, my soldiers wont be long tabbers, and they wont act like them. God i hope i deploy soon....
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Yes i am going to 5th SFG, most likely taking over the SigDet, and things will change if thats the case. I spent time in 7th SFG at Bragg, and i wont conform to the lax SF life, my soldiers wont be long tabbers, and they wont act like them. God i hope i deploy soon....

Don't go to 2nd bn, we're on reset...

Actually, come to 2/5 SIGDET, I dislike my co-workers enough to wish that on them.

When are you reporting? Get here in early Jan and you can help them move to the new building! (suckers!!)

(I've been in 2/5 SIGDET for 5 years now)