fizzbuzz99

One Night Stand vs Affair

Sooo... Discussion which came up today amongst a bunch of us at the DZ.

Which is worse, you find out that your partner is having an affair, OR, that they had a one night stand.

I guess factors that could come into it: the state of your relationship, the length of your relationship, whether you know the other person or not??

My kneejerk reaction was "affair, obviously" .. but if my boyfriend ever tried to justify a one night stand by saying "but it was only sex, it didn't mean anything" - I somehow doubt I would be any less angry.
Thoughts?

If the state of the relationship isn't at least semi serious, why would you be angry? If it isn't serious, both parties should be free to and probably are dating others as well.

I think I would be upset and pissed off either way, if it happened while in a serious relationship.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I dont think either one would anger me more than the other - I would be pissed in either case.

a relationship is based on trust, once the trust is broken the relationship is over - there can be no justification.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

If your a "couple" how is one different from the other? the time span? Cheating is cheating

32 years ago, me and my wife went for a one night stand.....Longest and best night of my life...it hasn;t ended yet...BUT , Our "goal" was just , go out , get laid, and forgetaboutit!

I have had hundreds of chances to cheat on her, (one just yesterday, I was playing foosball with a topless woman, but left her at the bar)I can;t imagin ever doing that to her, unless I felt it was OK for her to do it to me!

If your a "couple" how is one different from the other? the time span? Cheating is cheating

That's exactly what I was going to say. Betrayal is betrayal.

So...now the question is , "for the OP" is , " Are you the "cheater", hoping for redemption. OR the "cheaty" hoping to be able to forgive , when they do not deserve it?

They are both bad Karma and you shouldn't do it if you respect your partner.
Thus why every guy (sorry now awake) wants to marry a Bi girl, in hopes they can have fun together. It's a though, seldom ever works out or happens. But we can dream!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

They are both bad Karma and you shouldn't do it if you respect your partner.
Thus why every girl wants to marry a Bi girl, in hopes they can have fun together. It's a though, seldom ever works out or happens. But we can dream!

I'm pretty sure you "meant" every "guy" wants to marry a Bi girl!;) My neighbor did, He is devorced now....so yeah, he got to play for a while, but the relationship failed!

Sooo... Discussion which came up today amongst a bunch of us at the DZ.

Which is worse, you find out that your partner is having an affair, OR, that they had a one night stand.

I guess factors that could come into it: the state of your relationship, the length of your relationship, whether you know the other person or not??

My kneejerk reaction was "affair, obviously" .. but if my boyfriend ever tried to justify a one night stand by saying "but it was only sex, it didn't mean anything" - I somehow doubt I would be any less angry.
Thoughts?

It depends on your relationship. Honestly open marriages are becoming more common and in those cases a one night stand may happen with the partners blessing. It is all about trust and the boundaries in your relationship. Even people in open marriages have the definition of cheating and boundaries that they would like respected.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Thery're both equally bad to have happened but a one-nighter could be a lapse of judgment that should awaken you to a big problem with yourself and your relationship. An affair means that you made no correction to yourself or your relationship and you're just a piece of shit.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I would say an affair because I could use a good night stand. My current one has become scuffed.

You need to ask your partner to remove the heels before jumping into bed.;)
Sure, they look cool while doing the naked pretzel, but they are hell on the furniture.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I would say an affair because I could use a good night stand. My current one has become scuffed.

You need to ask your partner to remove the heels before jumping into bed.;)
Sure, they look cool while doing the naked pretzel, but they are hell on the furniture.[:/]

I think when they made the leap, the flippers caught the bedspread and the cuffs scratched the night stand.