andrewfarris

50 jumps jumping a 155 Rage (150 Katana) raising concern

I have an "A" licensed jumper with 50ish jumps that has just purchased a 155 Rage...he weighs around 200 with out gear....just want to hear thoughts on this...(this is not me jumping this small thing....i am happy with my stilletto 170 haha) just want to know everyones thoughts and concerns about this....please post nice

blue skies.....

atf
working at skydive airtight. also working towards the senior rigger

really?

if your profile is correct- at 50 jumps you're on a HP canopy at 1.3 and when you need your reserve it'll be loaded at 1.4. and you're asking for thoughts about someone else with low time under canopy loading a Rage at 1.4.

i think you're both pushing it.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Let them know you've started a pool at the DZ. You think they'll do fine, but really should try 180s in two weeks when their...er...your numbers come up.

But seriously, let them talk to some of the other fast downsizer guys who learned the hard way. If not there, invite 'em here....
Hearts & Minds
2 to the Heart-
1 to the Mind-
Home of the Coconut Lounge, Spa, & Artillery Range

Or make sure you get your bet in.

BTW, I think the OP is a troll.

Actually- he isn't. I jump with him. and yep-ANDREW!!!! You had to know you would get ripped for your canopy choice as well. haha.
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

I have an "A" licensed jumper with 50ish jumps that has just purchased a 155 Rage...he weighs around 200 with out gear....just want to hear thoughts on this...(this is not me jumping this small thing....i am happy with my stilletto 170 haha) just want to know everyones thoughts and concerns about this....please post nice

blue skies.....

atf

Can I buy your canopy really cheap, when you die?
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

blue skies.....

atf

Just remember, blood lowers the resale value.

Or make sure you get your bet in.

BTW, I think the OP is a troll.

Actually- he isn't. I jump with him. and yep-ANDREW!!!! You had to know you would get ripped for your canopy choice as well. haha.

So this is actually about him??

I'll leave out the PA and try to be helpful. If he only has 50 jumps and is jumping a 1.3 wing loading under that canopy he is a dumbass, ooops, couldn't do it. When I was a new jumper I thought I was the shit and that me being a pilot meant I had mad skillz. I have some really cool spinal x-rays I can show everyone now.

Side note: If you are jumping somewhere that the DZO knows about this and allows it you should be concerned.

blue skies.....

atf

True, but if I can get it cheap enough, I'll still make money.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

blue skies.....

atf

True, but if I can get it cheap enough, I'll still make money.

OxyClean will get that out. :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

the rage is not a katana so it should be ok, they are a little more forgiving

If you knew half as much as you think you do, it would still be twice as much as you really do.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

OxyClean will get that out. :P

want to bet? oxy is the shit on dirt and grass stains. but not so much on ink and blood. being a deer hunter I have A LOT! of time in grade with blood stains:P
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

the rage is not a katana so it should be ok, they are a little more forgiving

You are fucking around with someone's life. Wise the fuck up.

You don't know this guy, and you probably have never jumped a Katana or a Rage.

You say a lot of stupid shit on here but something like this could really end in tears.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA