shah269

Fear of ending up like a good friend *NOT for the ladies*

Nope, because I am in a healthy relationship....

Funny that's what his wife thinks as well.
She thinks all is fine and well and even has the ovaries to criticize modern advertising for the use of healthy skinny girls.

Maybe it's just me, I love my friends. I rejoice in their triumphs and empathize when they are down. I feel his pain.

I just have to stop seeing the world as a system, as a series of risks and equations. It's not packing, it's not six sigma it's' not engineering.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Shah, my friend, you're going to do awesome with the right girl for you. That, right there, is a perfect example of the type of insecurity-baiting I was talking about in my first suggestion to you. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

She thinks all is fine and well and even has the ovaries to criticize modern advertising for the use of healthy skinny girls.

Maybe it's just me, I love my friends. I rejoice in their triumphs and empathize when they are down. I feel his pain.

I just have to stop seeing the world as a system, as a series of risks and equations. It's not packing, it's not six sigma it's' not engineering.

[:/] That is out of line...

Your idea of a relationship is by "normal" standards unhealthy. Implying that she is either kidding herself or that the relationship is imbalanced is not cool

Maybe your friends wife is stuck with a guy with a tiny pecker and all her friends are commenting on what a loser she is stuck with:P
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Are you sure you're an engineer? That sounds more like accountant thinking to me.

Well that's what an engineer is you know. A creative accountant of the universe.

We take the fundamental forces of the cosmos and bend them to what we want the outcome to be.
We are egotistical mother fuckers.
I know I am. And I'm OK with it.
Two patents and having my employer dish out $60k for my education....yeah I think I'm good ;)

Here is maybe how I can put the situation.
How did one of my friends at my home DZ put it?
You can do everything right and still go in.

Well....it's one thing to talk about it. It's another to see it. I guess I just have to unsee it.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

[:/] That is out of line...

Your idea of a relationship is by "normal" standards unhealthy. Implying that she is either kidding herself or that the relationship is imbalanced is not cool

You are right, I'm sorry. I honestly meant no offense.
I sincerely apologize. I was out of line with that assumption. I'm not being sarcastic or other. I honestly mean the above.

But my friend wife did say those things.
Which was....eeehhh....we were shopping for something for my place and she had run off and my friend and I were talking about some cute girl I was hitting on and how he had just dropped $1k for his wife to join a gym and have a trainer for her and when we got back together for lunch....she let off some steam about the lack of what she thought were normal sized women in advertising while putting away a meal that would put me down for a few hours.

The look on my friends face was.... [:/]
I felt as if I should have told him "Look that $1k you just dropped on the gym membership and trainer, how about you give me $500 we go out back I kick you square in the junk and we will call it even?"

It's scary. All I have to do is surrender the fight lower my standards and I'm in his shoes. And we all only have so much fight in us? What do you do? Fight all the way to the ground? What point do you just lay back and watch the big blue fade to black?

I have told it to you numerous times and I'm telling it to you again.

You need to let go of the idea of marrying a woman.

If you're a man in committed relationship with a woman, you have no rights.

None.

Just read this:

http://www.the-spearhead.com/2011/02/01/wife-has-cops-beat-the-crap-out-of-husband-to-hide-affair-audio-of-incident-emerges/

A man suspects his wife is cheating on him.

Wives response? Call the cops over, have them make fun of the husband and then beat him up.

Most cops are white knighting pigs that will do what ever a woman says, cause hey women never lie, right?

In society this fucked up there is no rational reason to be in a committed relationship with a woman.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Please I'm not that bad.
I believe in the good of the universe.
Yes people, women and men, can and are horrible to each other. But we can't live a healthy life thinking that about all of our brothers and sisters.

good thoughts, good words, good deeds

My response was deadly serious. Given what you value in a partner, that's the surest way to ensure that her body will remain what you want it to throughout the relationship.:|

I gave you fare warning this was going to offend you.
Look like it or not, a woman can look at a guy and see about a half dozen ways he's attractive.
Be it from how he carries himself to how smart he is.
And god bless you women for having such a complicated view of men.

But well....we guys....we are different. Well I am very different. Looks matter, how she carriers her self matters, health matters. I have never or will I EVER date a girl and have to say "But she is nice"

And no only a sucker pays for what they can get for free and what brings dinner over.

First, I see nothing in her post showing she is offended. Second, stop speaking for all of us males. I am about as far from being like your dumb ass as anyone could be. You deserve whatever pathetic life you end up with. When I see someone as totally fucked up as you are I have to wonder how it happened.

And I CAN'T GET MY FREAKING MIND AROUND THIS ONE! I CAN END UP LIKE THIS GUY!
HELP! I DON'T WANT TO END UP WITH A FAT POS SHOE CRAZY BITCH WHO HAS ME BY THE BALLS!

Well then, by all means, don't get together with one. Here's my tip - look for insecure chicks with daddy issues and eating disorders. The ED doesn't necessarily have to be full-blown when you meet her, but make sure that you comment early on in the relationship on how much she eats on dates, even if it's just a salad. Make sure she knows how important her body is to you by letting her know how hot it is all the time. Problem solved.

You just described my ex-fiance to a tee. I'll be the first one to tell you that isn't a viable option and probably the worst advice you could offer. I wish I could elaborate more, but some of this stuff is pretty sensitive DZ drama. All I can say is stay away from the bulimic, attention grubbing, gold digging whores of the world cause it will lead to nothing but bills and severe forehead bruises from beating one's head against the wall.

My response was deadly serious. Given what you value in a partner, that's the surest way to ensure that her body will remain what you want it to throughout the relationship.:|

I gave you fare warning this was going to offend you.
Look like it or not, a woman can look at a guy and see about a half dozen ways he's attractive.
Be it from how he carries himself to how smart he is.
And god bless you women for having such a complicated view of men.

But well....we guys....we are different. Well I am very different. Looks matter, how she carriers her self matters, health matters. I have never or will I EVER date a girl and have to say "But she is nice"

And no only a sucker pays for what they can get for free and what brings dinner over.

First, I see nothing in her post showing she is offended. Second, stop speaking for all of us males. I am about as far from being like your dumb ass as anyone could be. You deserve whatever pathetic life you end up with. When I see someone as totally fucked up as you are I have to wonder how it happened.

spence has a point [:/]
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

When I see someone as totally fucked up as you are I have to wonder how it happened.

Simple, I stopped censoring myself and trying to fit into what was determined to be civil.
Drives the angry rolly polly HR ladies nuts. ;)

And if you look further, I did apologize for my generalization.
Now go run off and get your goody points from the ladies.

When I see someone as totally fucked up as you are I have to wonder how it happened.

Simple, I stopped censoring myself and trying to fit into what was determined to be civil.
Drives the angry rolly polly HR ladies nuts. ;)

And if you look further, I did apologize for my generalization.
Now go run off and get your goody points from the ladies.

You know what, you're right. You have every right to make yourself look like a dumbass. We just wish you would find another website to do it on.

You know what, you're right. You have every right to make yourself look like a dumbass. We just wish you would find another website to do it on.

If it offends you don't read it!
Let alone post.
Don't forgo your zen on my account.

Unless you really do want those brownie points from the ladies? ;)
GOT YAH!

I'm not seeing what is offensive or shallow about the original post. It's important to be attracted to your significant other, that's just the reality of it. There's nothing shallow about it. If you're only into the modelesque and money grubbing but you don't care because you want a trophy on your arm, then I'd say you're shallow - but caring about how the person you love looks and wanting to be attracted to them, not so much.

The problem is when people marry someone they aren't happy with, they know they're not happy with them, but they do it anyway, which is what your friend did.

No sympathy from me on that one.

and leave the lovely skydiving chicas to the men on here.
Oh wait, he already has!
:D:D:D

Bro, what 12% girls in this sport? That's like going into engineering class and trying to pick up a girl.
WHY?

I'm not in this sport or any activity to "get lucky". I'm in it for me. Leaned that when I accidentally listened to advice from a girl regarding meeting girls at Yoga studios...

Rule #1, never ever take advice from a woman about meeting woman. They don't know what they want so what makes you think they can give any worth while advice?

This conundrum reminds me of something my grandmother once told me "Kids can be a chain, be careful who you have them with. They may tie you to a rock which will carry you to the bottom of the ocean."
Sounds like my friend, she's one hell of a rock...and he loves his kid. Scary.

Fear is unrationalized risk, you guys have given me much to think about. I think, I can rationalize the situation and learn from it and move on. Thank you.

If it offends you don't read it!
Let alone post.
Don't forgo your zen on my account.

Unless you really do want those brownie points from the ladies? ;)
GOT YAH!

If you don't like the comments stop posting stupid shit.

[reply
If you don't like the comments stop posting stupid shit.

You so started it :P

I think it all depends on how old you are now, & at the time you decide you no longer want to be without a life long companion.

Obviously, all guys like arm candy to present; as well as, a personal salute & conquest to male companions.

In his eyes, She must be a Betty Crocker in the kitchen & a loyal to him only, whore in the bedroom.

Woman of a certain age these days just seem to be looking for a serious relationship; specifically marriage, for the same comparible reasoning.

They want financial security, a 1+ct. on her finger, to be a Mrs., in competiton to her gal pals.

It's no secret male & female natural encounters are for procreation.

Whether having children is a mutual bond, or not part of the equation...the only justifiable reason for developing a serious relationship is companionship & compatibilty.

If only a certain visual or physical will do, why waste the time considering it ?

Seriously, if you can't get beyond the appearance of a potential prospective, or involvement in an already commited relationship...why waste each others time.

If the only attraction is physical & sexual...just put on a condom & buy a whore !

It'll be cheaper in the long run if you fear 'she' may not continue to live up to your physical requirements.

On the other hand, if she is also only attracted to the physical, sexual appeal of her man & his bank account...she may get disappointed as you age, or the economy continues to dwindle !

If either in a relationship let's themselves go, out of 'comfort'; however knowing, how physical desireness was a foundation in the beginning & a mainstay of continuing your involvement, I'd say he or she doesn't give a shit enough to work at it !

Laziness, & complacency typically come from the comfort & security of knowing...ultimately,
" it's cheaper to keep her" !

I'd say continue the dating circuit til you know what & who you want, for how long, & for how much !

I will tell you this...if she's too condescending & agreeable during the dating...run like hell !

She's already arming herself for the mandated changes she'll require of you, later on !

My suggestion to any gal...let him have his toys, & play time with his boys...or he'll definitely be taking his balls somewhere else to play !

For both...pay your own way, or reciprocate to each other !

I will tell you this does change as you age.

At least for some of us females !

Physical & sexual attraction & compatibility is still very important, but the importance of mutual trust, respect, humor & loyalty take over as what makes for the best partner...but then again, I'm 54, my husband is 36.

Maybe going cougar, is your answer ;)

It's been working great for us, going on 5 years ! :)

Your friend needs to be honest with his wife, and needs to be willing to take the consequences if he is and if he isn't. What if she were to tell him that she wanted him to change?

There may be marriage counseling in his future. It might be that he ends up doing things with a healthy and active woman who is overweight. But the key is to do things with her -- and only he can do that.

If she's uncomfortable physically, she doesn't like that. If he's doing fun things that she wants to do, then she's more likely to want to do them with him. But it's not easy to get skinny.

And go re-read davelepka's post again. It was perfect.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I am consistently amazed that you have not won the following Nobel Prizes:
(1) Physiology - you can determine so much from a woman on the basis of how she looks;
(2) Chemistry - you know what drives chemistry between men and women;
(3) Peace - you add so much to the mutual understanding of of not only men and women, but gays and even jellyfish!

Heck, you should really get a Sveriges Riksbank Prize in economics for your powerful ideas of economics of women - fatty shopaholics versus thinner cum dumpsters.

You approach women as if you've got them figured out. That's why you've got your ideas. You know about them. This is proof positive that you don't know shit.

I agree that we each have things that turn us on - for example, I am heterosexual and can immediately rule out men as somebody with whom I am attracted. So I like women, but I also know that women are all different.

Every woman is different. You see a woman who is overweight and you think it's goign to get worse and she'll be worthless, etc.? You may be right. You may be wrong.

Too bad you won't give yourself the chance to figure that stuff out. Well, too bad for you. I can say that I'm glad for those women out there whom you wouldn't give a chance. Perhaps they'll find a partner in life who can share equal appreciation.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Your friend needs to be honest with his wife, and needs to be willing to take the consequences if he is and if he isn't.

Wendy do you know what the "consequences" are for a guy if he does this?
Take your home you love and have worked on and give it away. Half of your pay check as well. Oh and if you have any kids....yeah they will go as well.
And don't forget to pay some other person another $10k to help in the transfer of half of what is your life.

Yes I know we all will make more money. But this isn't little money we are talking about here. It's scary stuff! I got lucky in my divorce. I told her to go pound salt when she said the A word. And she walked. But I'm still out $10k. Sure I make $100k but 10% of my income OUCH!

skygypsie
Thank you. It's a complicated world. I may have to just go older or younger...who knows. I have much to figure out. Will I always have the drive needed to keep going, to push to go out to explore to meet new people to form friendships and to bush off rejection and disappointment? To never give in or give up and to never settle for "what the tide brought in".

Both of you lovely ladies, thank you. I greatly appreciate the advice.