skymama

Please offer good vibes/prayers for Normiss' mom

As of last night when I last talked to Mark, his mom was still hanging in there. What a fighter! She was moved to the Hospice on Saturday and Mark has been with her since, I've been driving back and forth. So many family members have come by to visit and have stayed in the room a long time, it's definitely a tribute to how much she is loved.

The hospice experience is definitely different than anything I've seen before. She doesn't have any meds, she's not hooked up to any machines for monitoring. She's just sleeping and it's kind of nice that the family can easily hug her and touch her without all the machines getting in the way.

Please keep offering your good thoughts for Mark. He's extremely tired, as he only gets a couple hours of sleep a day. He's a good son to not to want to leave his Mama's side though. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Though I really don't think it's the time to share a personal story, I also thought to share our similar situation that may comfort a bit !

A few years ago, when we were told my Mom would be passing soon, we brought her home & each of her 6 daughters took turns staying with her, while 3 siblings returned from out of state.

She was in & out of consciousness, at 1st, but then slipped into a comatose state.

We had her hospital bed in the living room, & though she was declining, she continued to fight, as she would gasp out for air.

I sat next to her to talk to her, as Hospice affirmed she was listening...I told her "(she) was the best mother, wife & grandmother & if (she) was tired, it was ok to go, now...we'd be ok ! God is waiting for you & so is Dad".

Tears started down her cheek, so we all gathered around her bed to say The Lord's Prayer.

Shortly after, she gasped & went into her peaceful sleep.

Sometimes, those we've counted on & love so much, need to know it's ok... to move on !

My prayers continue to go out.

nice post skygypsie

those who work in hundreds and hundreds of Hospice locations everywhere, are truly Angels on Earth...

they provide assistance, care and strength. They assure dignity and help foster the opportunity for family members to remain connected and in some cases re-connect at a tough and poignant time for the entire Family...

it is Never easy but the ordeal can be made more gentle thanks to those kind souls...May God bless them..... and all those who are in their Care...[:/]

Thank you for the update.

Many many vibes headed to him and his family in this tough time. Mark is an awesome guy from what little I've gotten to talk to him. I'm sure it can be attributed to how he was brought up by his Mom.

couldnt agree more!! you were awsome to meet at fitz man! (oh and you too skymama! :)
good luck man! sending you vibes ,still.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

They are wonderful in helping families understand the dying process, which in turn brings comfort to the families & the patients in their care !

They're guidance through the dying process of a loved one, makes the loss a bit more bearable !

They are why I enrolled in Nursing school shortly after my Mom's death, & during non jump season, work primarily with the elderly & dying, due to gratitude & thanks !

Thoughts are with Mark and his family. I know this is a very hard thing to deal with.

Having gone through my mother's passing just two months ago I have to agree with everyone who commented on Hospice. I'm sure that Mark staying with her is making a difference. There are 6 of us siblings so we were able to care for our mom 24/7 at home. Having her children with her was a great comfort to her but we couldn't have done it without the help and advice of the Hospice workers. They were just a phone call away and available around the clock for any questions or aid we needed. They provided everything we needed from equipment to medication. It finally came time to move her to inpatient Hospice care and she was there only one day before she passed. Not enough can be said about their dedication, competence and compassion.

Mark has been at his mother's side except for short times to eat, bathe and sleep since Saturday. She has been unresponsive since then, but for most of the day he will stroke her hair and talk gently in her ear. I swear that her breathing gets less labored when he is doing that for her.

It's down to just him sleeping in her room at night. When I asked why he doesn't let one of his sisters do it, he simply said, "cause I don't want to leave my mom." He's a good man. :)
He doesn't have access to dz.com right now, but he sends his thanks to everyone who has shown their support. If you want to send him a note, I think he can get it on FB from his phone.

because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Andrea, you're the best thing ever. I love you.
Thanks to EVERYONE for all the messages, posts, prayers, thoughts, and kind words.

At 2:40 am this morning (last call?) my mother passed away peacefully. I was holding her hand. Two of my three sisters were also with her.
I helped load her onto the funeral home gurney when they arrived.
I'm very happy that my family was together with her when she passed.
It's very powerful to hold a loved one's hand when they take their last breath.
Blue skies mom. I love you.
:)
A hospice is an amazing place to help someone pass on.

Aw, I'm so sorry I missed your text. Sometimes, Ambien isn't a good thing. [:/]
I'm so glad you were there for your mom. You told me you had a feeling it'd be last night, you were right. I know you would have been sad if she had passed while you went out to get food or sleep.
She can rest peacefully and now so can you. You and your family went above and beyond caring for her in her final days. We should all hope to be so lucky to be tended to like that.
I love you mice. ;)

I'm so sorry your mother is gone, but I'm so glad at how she went. I'm sure you're a large part of why it was so peaceful.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My deepest sympathy & condolences to you & your family, Mark !

Your tender vigilance with your Mom, is so touching & no doubt gave her comfort !

Your grief will subside in time...your memories & thoughts of her...will never fade !

A Mother is with her children for eternity :)
Skymama...you do sound like a great gal !

~ Blessings to you all ~

Your grief will subside in time...your memories & thoughts of her...will never fade !

A Mother is with her children for eternity :)

Amen to that - next month it will be ten years since my Mom passed away, and I swear she is with us everyday.

Lynn's Mom passed 5 years ago January,

We both miss them both very much and send our sympathies to you, Mark, and all your loved ones.

I'm sure that hearing "I love you" was a great comfort to her.