Calvin19

why I love Boulder

Seems there aren't enough ridable trails for mountain bikers there.

In the Bay Area we have huge park systems that allow bikers and hikers to share the trails all over the place. One respects the other while passing, works out fine. Gives me the option not to be bored riding at one place and not want to go bushwack a new trail.

They should give sharing the trails a go, maybe lessen the illegal trail building.

Either way, the preserves should be respected for the animals.

It wasn't me.:)

Maybe it was me? I lived in Boulder for 4 years.

Who's to say those tracks are new?

Boulder is an interesting town. It is an ubber Liberal town, but besides the ubber Liberals there are lots of different types of people there. You have the students from the University (they sure like to party at that school), you have your professionals, there are world class athletes who come from around the world to train while in Boulder. there is no shortage of tree huggers, no shortage of pot heads (fortunately Boulder does not appear to have a problem with hard drugs) and you even have a contingent of illegal workers (though they are hidden away when they are not working). Yup Boulder is an interesting town. When I am old an senile (maybe I am already old and senile) I can look back and say "Yes I called Boulder home for 4 years of my life". The scenery was outstanding though. I lived in the shadows of the Flat Irons.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yeah,,i know ,,its one of the most expensive towns to live in also. :(

Boulder is very affordable with property prices 1/4 to 1/2 what they are in other nice places with jobs like Silicon Valley. State income taxes are just 4.63% of your Federal taxable income which isn't 60% of what California extracts from me with the 9.55% marginal rate, state disability insurance, and lower deductions/exemptions. Property tax rates are merely OK, but TABOR means they don't really increase in real dollars (total collections cannot increase faster than inflation and population growth without voter approval, so your old depreciating property accounts for less of the total as new scrape-offs get built) even if you move and reasonable property values keep the absolute amounts low - where Boulder would charge be $1800 a year a 1200 square foot town home I'd be spending $10,000 someplace equally nice in the valley.

You won't get a single family house for $200,000 although one or two people and their pets don't need one.

Also note the Walnut Brewery which serves real cask ale.

Yes good beer at the Walnut Brewery. But don't forget the Rio. There is a reason why they try to cap your margarita consumption there to three drinks (though there are ways around it).

Reasons why i love boulder:
Beer
Location, location, location
I love boulder came out here for college and if i could afford living here i would but i have to move just out side of it after i graduate.
on a different note my roommate got a ticket for climbing one of the flat irons the day they were put off limits and got ticketed but got off with 24 hrs of community service.

The offer still stands, if you need an American wife;)

It's snowing today in Calgary. :S

What's the weather like on the Front Range? Make no mistake, I do miss CO. But our economy up here in Oilberta does have a promising future ... if you can handle living in a climate that emulates Siberia.

The offer still stands, if you need an American wife;)

It's snowing today in Calgary. :S

What's the weather like on the Front Range? Make no mistake, I do miss CO. But our economy up here in Oilberta does have a promising future ... if you can handle living in a climate that emulates Siberia.

Forecast here today in CO: 81F
(Sorry, but I just had to rub it in.;))
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Bastards!!! >:(

I will be praying to the weather Gods now. Praying to shift the winds which predominately come from the West to shift and come from the East. Then pray to have some monsoonal moisture come up from Mexico while we send some arctic cold air down from Siberia (oops I mean Canada). Eastern winds, moisture from Mexico and cold from Canada means five feet of snow on the Front Range. Please make it happen, please make it happen. There should not be a skydiving going on in CO this weekend under sunny 80F temperatures. :ph34r:

Bastards!!! >:(

I will be praying to the weather Gods now. Praying to shift the winds which predominately come from the West to shift and come from the East. Then pray to have some monsoonal moisture come up from Mexico while we send some arctic cold air down from Siberia (oops I mean Canada). Eastern winds, moisture from Mexico and cold from Canada means five feet of snow on the Front Range. Please make it happen, please make it happen. There should not be a skydiving going on in CO this weekend under sunny 80F temperatures. :ph34r:

DIA set a record 84F yesterday.B|

If it makes you feel better, today's forecast is plunging temps and 1-3" snow.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

If it makes you feel better, today's forecast is plunging temps and 1-3" snow

See Virginia there is a Santa Claus and some of your wishes can come true.

I had close to a foot of wet snow in my driveway yesterday (a lot of that was snow drifts) and now there is a 4 foot high snow bank next to my driveway after shoveling (good exercise). Lots of snow. But I remember I think it was the Spring of 2004 when the Front Range got walloped with a massive Spring storm that paralyzed millions of people from Fort Collins down to Pueblo. Ironically myself and another work colleague actually made it into the office that day (we both own Wranglers) and another work colleague emailed us telling us he could not make it into work because his Jeep (only a Cherokee) got stuck in the snow. Myself and John (other guy who made it to work) looked at each, laughed and in unison said "That's not a Jeep". Moral of the story, the joke was on myself and the other Wrangler owner John as we could have easily had a snow day like everyone else.

Be nice ... next time I will pray doubly hard to the weather Gods and instead of 1-3" of the white stuff you will get 4'. ROFLMAO. B|