airtwardo

How many Skydiving helmets do you own?

1-Frap Hat
1-Oxygn A3
2-Headhunter Voodoo (One broken from an accident)
1-Protec (Don’t use it anymore)
1-Old Renegade (Good for a planter)

I gave my old Bell away. It made me look like Kazoo from the Flintstones, which was fine before everyone started wearing cameras.

Hi Jimmy,
A black frappe hat, replaced my old beat up 1982 model and also my old now retired because it was falling apart WWII brown leather aviators' flying helmet. Ones that have gone on from before the 1982 frappe hat were an old blue Cooper hockey hat, a gold metal flake half price auto parts store motorcycle helmet and a bunch of resurrected discarded APH-6 Navy aviators' hats that I put together back when I was in the Navy.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

One Cooper, and one Frappe Hat. When did it start being called a Frap Hat?

Hi Lisa,
I believe about the time the cadaver arm came up out of the pea pit with the ripcord in its' hand back in the day at the Gulch. 'Couldn't have been much before then???
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi Lisa,
I believe about the time the cadaver arm came up out of the pea pit with the ripcord in its' hand back in the day at the Gulch. 'Couldn't have been much before then???

Bill,

Mine's real French, are there many still existing out there?

lisa
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

My 1st one is real, it's kinda black and kinda cracks...Tony made the others.

Mine is very crackly, and for some weird reason is too small for my head. [:/]

:D:D:D Mine is too...we must have gotten big heads with all the experience! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

My 1st one is real, it's kinda black and kinda cracks...Tony made the others.

Mine is very crackly, and for some weird reason is too small for my head. [:/]

:D:D:D Mine is too...we must have gotten big heads with all the experience! ;)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Hi Lisa,

Bill,

Mine's real French, are there many still existing out there?

lisa

Hi Lisa,
'Couldn't really tell ya'. Back in the daze of Capewells', "L" bar connector links and hardware like that "Hardhats" ruled especially when an L-Bar link cracked you up side the head!! Then the "Get Lite" maddness took a hold and everybody started doffing their French Boots for sneakers, L-bar links for "French "Rapide" links and hardhats for "French Hats!!" and Cooper Hockey hats. I recall either Elsinore or Perris or both tried "Outlawing" "Soft" hats (Non-Rigid) leather or cloth for a while. Funny thought the "French Hat" was considered OK because it had those raised tootsie rolls on the sides!! The contraversy didn't last long then it was "Run what ya' Brung!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

an old cooper Brand Hockey helmet, (Stan MAkita Model ) which i modifed into a safe and functional camera helmet in '95

a Bonehead BatRak which i bought from Mike McGowan about 7 or 8 years ago

a Bonehead Gunner which i got for times when i'm not jumping a camera.

a French Frappe Hat

a back up leather 'frappe style " hat made by EG

started with a red BELL motor cycle helmet.. went through a couple of hockey helmets,, jumped for years, helmetless, then got smart.... and found something to house an audible....

jmy

You're hot no matter what you have on your head.

Aw, thanks Bill! That's a nice compliment to start the day with! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

>but I live in FL so I'd be hot without it anyway.

You're hot no matter what you have on your head.

Damn. You beat me to it. >:(

I have a Pro Tec and a Bonehead Echo (the cheaper fiberglass one). I wear the Pro Tec most of the time because it's more comfortable.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Currently:
1 - Z1 Fullface (RW, cold days, tunnel, AFF)
2 - Mindwarp - older one (FF, AFF)
3 - New Mindwarp (Camera) modified with a streamlined top mount for cameras (just picked it up yesterday fully ready to go - picture was before the assembly and addition of the mounting plate for the still up front)

Critical to me is the fit and visibility. Absolutely, the audible needs to be internally mounted (under the shell). lately, the new helmets have NOT impressed my with the audible pockets (containment). Both of my old helmets we've resewn the containment due to bad glue or crappy design as the audible would just fallout randomly. Better now. Haven't looked at the containment much on the new helmet - hoping it's better.

sold or trashed:
been through a couple frap hats, another Z1, a protec, an Invertigo

Found my last frap hat three years ago in the back of my locker covered with a yellow thick mold of some kind

my next fullface, I'm looking for one with less leakage mainly for the tunnel - my eyes dry out. Already a few nice one one the market. It'll be awhile ($$$)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

3 - New Mindwarp modified with a streamlined top mount

be careful not to push your slider up to the canopy after opening :D

:D:D it's not as tall as it looks. I do have to figure out just what I intend to do with that slider now - don't I? Lots of options

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

In regular use:
1 frap hat for tandems
1 FreeZR for RW (one of the first ones, adjusted for perfect fit by Stefan Ertler himself B|)
1 RAWA for video/photo

Spare helmet:
1 Heller video helmet "jet pilot style" (quite retro, don't use it any more)

So I spent ~1000 Euro-Bucks :)

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks