FFAddict

helmet - help

It would seem that, as far as skydiving headgear goes at least, i have an Embarrassingly large head.

I have tried a XXL helmet in a model that is apparently known to be very big anyway and it simply was not big enough.

I have looked all over the net and spoken to the people at my drop zone shop with no luck.

If anybody has any suggestions i would really appreciate it

my head is 62cm or 24.5inch, the limit on all the helmets i have found on the web is 61cm or 24 inches and i dont wanna fork out money and find its too small when it arrives

i tried on a sky systems Oxygn which belonged to someone at my dz and it took him a long time to find one to fit him

No way an Oxygn, even an "XXL" (which is really a XL.5), is gonna fit a 24.5" head. You'll have no luck with Z1's either as they run smaller than Oxygn's do.

For full face helmets I've heard that the Freezr (by ParaTec) and the Havoc (by Bonehead) will fit larger heads. I know a few other big brained people who've gotten SkySystems to make them a custom sized Factory Diver (fixed lens, not flip up).

The Aviator, an open face helmet by Arrow Dynamics (it's no longer being made but you may find them in stock still if you call around to various gear dealers) in XL fits larger heads too IIRC.

My head is the same size.

As Lisa mentioned, I had Sky Systems make me a custom Factory Diver, size XXL/L (or Extra Extra Large/Long) to fit my melon. It fit so well I had them make me another one, which actually fits better than the first.

I ordered both of mine through Sky Cat Equipment.
Arrive Safely

John

I've got just about the same size head, just a bit smaller. Sucks finding fitted caps, huh?

Anyways, the only company that has a helmet that I've found so far that fits comfortably is Pro-Tek and Bonehead. Literally everything else has either not come close or has was just close enough that if I wore it for more then a couple of seconds it would give me a headache. Even the "XL" sized helmets from the other companies I've tried.

Good luck and if you can try before you buy.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It would seem that, as far as skydiving headgear goes at least, i have an Embarrassingly large head.

I have tried a XXL helmet in a model that is apparently known to be very big anyway and it simply was not big enough.

I have looked all over the net and spoken to the people at my drop zone shop with no luck.

If anybody has any suggestions i would really appreciate it

FFAddict... I'm in the same boat you are, with the same measurement. I'm waiting on the XXL Mamba to come out so I can try it... if not, then probably try a Havok next.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Same size head. Use a Z1 XXL. When it arrived, I took the top center out and stripped some of the padding down along the top.

Maybe we can get Chad to make us some Anvil helmets ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Last year I bought a Bonehead Havoc because its was the only full-face helmet that fit my extra-large jaw.
The boys at the Bonehead factory said that I have the second-largest skull they have ever seen!
Hee!
Hee!
I also bought an original full-box camera helmet from Bonehead, back in the 1990s.

Try finding places that stock a 7-5/8 or 7-3/4 long oval Resistol....

No doubt! Infact the one I have is just a *hair* small if I have any amount of hair on my head...if I've got 4 finger whitewalls it fits ok.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i dont know exactly how much protection you would get from it, but it was deigned and built by a germen motorcycle helmet manufacturer in conjunction with paratec (hence the motorcycle helmet look) so i presume it's built to a fairly good standard. Generally though skydive helmets dont get large impacts, no helmet is gonna help you if you go in!
I have hit my head on the door of the plane on exit and not even felt it, someone exiting behind me told me on the ground and was making sure i was alrigh coz apparently i gave the plane a pretty good whack, but had noting to show for it apart from a scratch in the paint!

it is a good helmet though, roomy inside with a great field of vision (can see cutaway and reserver handles easily without tilting my head, and when looking forward cannot see the sides of the visor) and most importantly they did my size!!

For those of you who are interested my new havok just arrived.
Not only does it fit my oversized head comfortably but it actually looks pritty good, even if it is a little large!
The peeps at bonehead seemed really nice too, they shipped it out to me straight away and i had it within ten days of ordering (and that to the UK)

For those of you who are interested my new havok just arrived.
Not only does it fit my oversized head comfortably but it actually looks pritty good, even if it is a little large!
The peeps at bonehead seemed really nice too, they shipped it out to me straight away and i had it within ten days of ordering (and that to the UK)

How big is yer head/what size did you get? I've got a big melon and I'm thinking about getting a FF helmet, but I'm not exactly sure what will fit me :S