muff528

Hey! Canada ...

.....WTF?!?

I thought I was watching coverage of an uprising in the ME or a Brazilian soccer match or an F1 race or something!

(go lightning!)

Let’s not indict an entire country.

And they say Philly fans are the worst. Sheesh... :S

From today's Vancouver Sun newspaper:

"Today, we have people who have created Facebook pages where you can volunteer to go down to those same wrecked streets and start to clean up. We have pages created where you can upload photos and videos of the hoodlums who turned over cars, broke windows, assaulted people and looted stores.
In this world of cell phones equipped with cameras and videos, the anonymity of stupidity and criminality is punctured. Maybe we couldn't stop the riot without the police and their mounted squads, smoke grenades, flash-bangs, dogs and tear gas.
But we have other ways now of reaching out and touching those who wrecked our city and our reputation. And we should not stop until they are all brought to account."

complete editorial here: http://communities.canada.com/vancouversun/blogs/civiclee/archive/2011/06/16/vancouverites-take-back-our-city-from-these-thugs-and-louts.aspx

.....WTF?!?

I thought I was watching coverage of an uprising in the ME or a Brazilian soccer match or an F1 race or something!

(go lightning!)

Let’s not indict an entire country.

And they say Philly fans are the worst. Sheesh... :S

Hey, I've got nothing against Canadians. One of 'em taught me how to survive a 13,500 ft. fall ...a skill for which I'll be eternally grateful. :)

The report I read, stated that some 'roving street gang' was responsible for all the damage and destruction. Unfortunately, no single town or major city is immune from gangs of some sort. It's really sad that things like this happen. From what I've read in the past, this is not the first time this has happened in Vancouver after the Canucks won or lost. I'm sure, the police there are at their wits end over this. I feel certain too, the 'good' people of Vancouver ar more than upset over this.

Chuck

There is plenty of video evidence showing rioters wearing Canuck's fan jerseys. This was more than a gang of thugs. It was thousands and thousands of people NOT using that brain between their ears. Some people will be identified (because of all the video evidence) but when you look at the "Hug a Thug" justice system in Canada, you know nothing is really going to happen to these rioters. They might be slapped with a petty fine, records of their crimes will be available to employers who google them in the future if they try to find work, they will then be rejected for the job meaning they can not have meaningful careers, these morons will then blame society because society is not giving them the easy life they think they are entitled to, so they will riot more. These morons will never accept personal responsibility for their own futures. It will always be someone else's fault.

It is just sad how some people equate a game to their national pride. There are more Canadians on the Bruins rosters than there are Canadians on the Canucks roster, but many of these morons who rioted just can not figure this out. Canada has a lot of good things going for it, but this national obsession where only Canada should ever win at hockey is moronic. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I just thank God that I was not scheduled to work - driving a bus - in downtown Vancouver last night.

The sad thing is that one percent of the crowd did 90 percent of the damage.

The same as a handful of drunks/crackheads/heroin addicts/etc. cause 90 percent of the problems along East Hastings.

How those one percent of idiots can expect "anonymity in a crowd" - with so many cameras on the street - is a total mystery to me??????

Criminal lawyers will be busy - for the next year - brokering plea bargains.
Judges will quickly tire of asking "Would you prefer to plead guilty or guilty?"

Half the crowd were filming the guilty bastards!

The other thing that surprised me was how few sikhs and orientals rioted.
Some parts of Vancouver are dominated by various types of asians, but only stupid white guys rioted????

They probably don't give a rat's patootie about hockey. Now if it was over a guli danda or a ping pong tournament you might be seeing an entirely different crowd.

The other thing that surprised me was how few sikhs and orientals rioted.
Some parts of Vancouver are dominated by various types of asians, but only stupid white guys rioted????

There is video of some minorities rioting and also video of some females rioting. But the vast majority of the idiots who were rioting were young white males many of whom were wearing Canucks jerseys. This is sad, we have raised a generation of young men with little to no respect.

I was no angel when I grew up in the late 70s and early 80s. I was not into crime, but I was doing a lot of soft drugs, did alcohol and was caught up in the late 70s early 80s generation who wanted to play irresponsibly like the older 1960s generation. Plus I did not conform to the strict rules of my Nazi step-parent (I kid you not my step father was a Hitler Youth who grew up on the other side of WWII, his slightly older brother fought in Russia). But as much as I battled my Nazi step father in my youth, he did do one thing for me that turned me around. He enrolled me into the Reserve Armed Forces. The military taught me about personal responsibility and they changed me from being a potential street thug into being a somewhat respectable self sufficient adult. I would be willing to bet that if we had mandatory military service for all young adults like what they have in places like Switzerland, we would be raising a generation of youth who have more respect and would be less likely to riot after losing a stupid hockey game.

Proof positive that the politicians and their media are full of shit when they say this riot was the result of a small group of anarchists. Make no mistake, to many this was a hockey riot. They were rioting because their team lost. Rioting over a hockey game? Unbelievable.

Watch the video posted below and tell me what these young white men are chanting? They are chanting "Fuck Boston" and "Fuck the USA" while they vandalize private property with a bear (as in a Bruin) tied to a hockey stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONMxKAwSFWw&feature=youtu.be&t=51s

Hockey is a great game, but will Canada ever shed this national obsession it has with "Only Canada should ever win at hockey"? Obviously Canada is a great contributor to the NHL, but the NHL is an international league with it's teams and it's players. The NHL never has and never will be the domain of Canada.

I think the riots would have happened even if the Canucks had won. There were a few people there planning to get the ball rolling (the ones who arrived with hammers and other items) and I have no doubt that many alcohol-fueled "fans" would have joined right in. Once the mob mentality starts....
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Agreed

It's the same mentality that used to mar so many soccer games in England and Europe.

Pre arranged, had nothing to do with the out come.
I know a couple of ex - soccer hoolagans who have moved here to NZ from England and this is what they have told me.

They used to go across the channel, just to fight. Half of them never even watched the game. They when to a pub till the game finished and then joiuned up out side the stadium to start raisin some hell???????
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI