grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

GO LEAFS

3-0 start and they are already planning the parade route in Toronto :PB|

If, I recall correctly, this time last year, they were 0-3. I like seeing the Leafs off to a good start. The fans in Toronto have got to be pleased. I of course, like seeing the Wings off to a good start also.

Chuck

I am not about to predict the cup returning to Edmonton, but damn that game was fun last night. First over-all pick Taylor Hall was put on a line with 2008 first rounder Jordan Eberle in both of their first NHL games. The speed and finesse of Hall was on display all night but it was Eberle who potted his first and second goals. Watching those two break out was giving folks flashbacks of a couple of wizz kids in the eighties. B| The team still has a long way to go but it will be entertaining to watch.
Watching Macintyre knock Ivanans out cold was pretty sweet too.

Your missing the most important point...

EDMONTON is getting HOT CHEERLEADERS in skimpy cloths walking around a cold arena! ;)

Thats alright in my books!
SKYDIVING = HAPPY

So how is everyone's teams doing so far?

Who knew Fluery would go 12 in a row, after that horrid start? The Red Wings look like the team of old and we may be heading for a Lord Stanley Wings/Pens rubber match.

How did the Devils get so bad?
The Oilers will be a pretty good team in 2 years and a great team in 4.
What team leaves which city first? Islanders, Thrasher or Coyotes??
Why did the Hawks trade big "Buf", the guy is a monster on defense now.
Do the Caps fire their coach sooner than later???
The Winter Classic is going to be great, both teams hate each other.
I went to the Kings/Flames game last Thursday. Iginla looked like just another fourth line forward.
Rick Nash, the most underrated player in the league.

Merry Christmas puckheads!

Carey Price has been paying real well for the Canadiens. I thought he was going to have a rough season but he has played very well.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

All that old dude did was take shots on the goal from about 50 yards away, I can't say I cared for his playing much. I do think he brought something to the team though. I gotta agree with you on the D aspect though, it is too bad we didn't get that guy from Chicago.... o well. I wonder if we will get someone mid season...

Red Wings are at the top of the Western conference!

Again ?

Yawn.

:)
Yeah... ain't that a bitch?

:D

Chuck
Don

Kings 5-Dead Wings 0

:ph34r:

I wouldn't cal them 'dead', just yet. They just had a bad night. 52 shots on goal to 28 shots by the Kings. Hell, they couldn't buy a goal. It wasn't for lack of tryin'. It happens in hockey. It's not the end of the world.

Chuck

Jonathan Quick stood on his head! I just had to heckle a bit.:P

And the Habs management looks genius by trading Halak. Carey Price must have taken a magic goalie pill or something this year. Or he was hurt last year and no one knew it but the team.

How about them Thrashers?

Jonathan Quick stood on his head! I just had to heckle a bit.:P

And the Habs management looks genius by trading Halak. Carey Price must have taken a magic goalie pill or something this year. Or he was hurt last year and no one knew it but the team.

How about them Thrashers?

Quick put on a clinic, last night! Blocking 52 shots and getting the shut-out? DAYUM!

Halak has had a rough season so far.

As for the 'Trashers' (Slap-shot pronunciation) have been a real surprise!

The wings better watch it. Other teams are creepin' up on them. It's so close in the West. We can thank Bettman and his 'parity'.

Chuck