grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

The most under rated goalkeeper in NHL history.

I hope the rain doesn't ruin the Winter Classic.[:/]

He really is. A lot of fans get down on him but they forget... he won two Stanley Cups for the Wings! He's the most devoted 'team player', I've ever seen.

Chuck

Sharks are doing fine, although it was a rocky start to the season with the goalie situation.

Yeah... I went to last night's game. I expected a really great game, considering they were tied in the points. Saw about 10 minutes of the Sharks playing hockey like they meant it; the rest of the time they were mailing it in.

The Kings were there to play hard and win, and they did both. They outskated, outshot, outpassed and outplayed the Sharks pretty much the whole game.

I mean, c'mon... one shot in the first period? Niemi is the only reason the Kings didn't score double digits. :S

The LA Kings are the "sleeper" team in the West. Great goalie, Hard skating young role players and a few shifty, talented forwards and some Norris Trophy caliber defensmen.
I watched that game last night hoping Sturm would score a goal against his old team. He did.
I hope the Kings get a Cup soon, it's about time. And it would be great for announcer Bob Miller to finally shout out "Kings win the Cup"!

Atlanta is the "sleeper" team of the East.

It seems the league has a bit more overall talent this year. There are some great goals being scored and some of the goalies have been standing on their heads with some quick saves. NHL Network is great!

I am hoping for a Pens/Wings round three for the Cup!

I hope the Kings get a Cup soon, it's about time.

I have to hate the Kings, they're an LA team. But if it can't be the Sharks winning the Cup it'd be nice to see a California team do it. They are playing like they want it.

And they have the nicest sweaters in the league, imho. ;)

I just find it funny that hockey is supposed to be Canada's game and the good ol USA is far superior!

?????:S

I guess you didn't see the last Winter Olympics.:P

Tonight's beatdown of Team USA by Canada in the World Junior semifinal game was a thing of beauty. If not for Jack Campbell of the US, the score might have easily been 8 or 9 to 1 instead of 4-1. He really was outstanding in net. Canada absolutely dominated. US were the favourites coming into the tournament and I was completely astounded by how thoroughly Canada dominated tonight's game. TSN Announcer Bob McKenzie said it was maybe the best game Canada has ever played in the history of the tournament.

Canada plays for the gold against Russia. This is our tenth consecutive gold medal game. FYI - The US has never won consecutive medals at the World Juniors. Canada's record at the World Juniors against the USA is 30-6-3.

Go Canada!!! Wednesday 7pm ET Canada Russia for the Gold!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

um yeah they are.... and thats a nice PA btw

You are so right. Look how many Americans have won the Art Ross Trophy over the years.

Done Googling it yet?:PB|[/reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Ross_Trophy

look again.... those are mostly US teams
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

um yeah they are.... and thats a nice PA btw

You are so right. Look how many Americans have won the Art Ross Trophy over the years.

Done Googling it yet?:PB|[/reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Ross_Trophy

look again.... those are mostly US teams

US Teams consisting of a majority of Canadian players.

Find another thread to troll. I have to get ready to watch Canada play the Russians for Gold tomorrow at the World Junior while the US plays for Bronze. Caio.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey