NickDG

Winter Bike Project . . .

I won 2nd place in the "Evo to Present" Radical Class at the 2011 Easyriders Motorcycle Show in Los Angeles today!

I'm so proud of 9ina!!!!

nice nice. Could you also show a pic of the winner ? To see WHAT could possibly beat 9ina
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I had the first accident on 9ina last night! (only my second motorcycle accident in 30 years. )

Heading up the 210 Freeway to visit a friend the traffic was bad and I was trying to merge left. I looked over my shoulder and starting leaning into the next lane, and bang! The cage on my right side slide right into my lane and me. I didn't go down, I guess because I was leaning away from him, but he shoved me almost two lanes over. I looked to my right after he hit me and saw his eyes were like saucers. He just kept going though.

I rode another mile or so trying to shake off the shakes, and my right leg started hurting. And I couldn't use the rear brake without it hurting like hell.

I turned around and limped it home and now today my ankle is all swollen up. I guess I had my right foot hanging off the peg and when he hit me it got pinned under. Not a scratch on 9ina though, thank goodness.

Thank god 9ina didn't get squirrelly, she's a good girl!

Anyway, any girls want to come over and pack me in ice, or just want to come over and get packed?

NickD :)

A buddy was cruising along the edge a parking lot at ~15mph, when some clueless old lady came flying out of one of the aisles and t-boned him in the right side.
When he saw the impact coming, he was able to swing his right leg up so she hit the bike instead of crushing his leg.
He ended up sitting on the hood of her car.

He thought he wasn't hurt, but a few days later his left knee was bothering him so he went to the doctor.

The impact of the car on the right side of the bike was so hard that he needed surgery on his left knee.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Good story, except my stock in trade these days, "is" clueless old ladies . . . :P:P:P

You are working as a gigolo these days?:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I've had 14 bikes in my 48 years, I rode all year one year, all I had was my bike. I put 41,000 miles on just one bike of the fourteen. So I feel I can say this with alot of riding under my belt......Cars are bigger than Motorcycles....stay away from them....you'll NEVER win in a fight for space.
Life is short ... jump often.

Well, the ankle is getting better. In two weeks I'm taking 9ina for a 400 mile road trip, and you know, she's not exactly set up to be a long ranger cruiser. So I built and installed some mid-rest foot pegs. Just so I could switch foot positions once in a while.

I used some round bar stock and drilled and tapped a hole for the one on the belt side in the motor plate. On the other side I had to build a bracket for it and ran it off the bottom frame rail. Just came back from road testing it and it works great. (I can't believe it's night time in SoCal and still 75 degrees!)

Actually a lot of guys run full on mid-controls right there with open belt drives. Plus I keep my pant leg on that side wrapped with a strip of Velcro. Before that I did get it caught in the front pulley a couple of times before I just learned how to avoid it. Besides, you just go around once and it spits you out, LOL! And besides it's only scary the first couple of times . . .

It has a lot to do with how your forward controls and foot pegs are setup. I don't particularly like the ones I have now and will eventually swap them out for something else. You also had floorboards (that helps) and what looks like a 2-inch belt. Mine's 3-inches so it and the pulley sticks out there a bit further . . .

1st major problem with 9ina! (Ya know, how woman are, LOL.)

So I'm riding down the 210 Freeway and minding my own business and it's one of those great SoCal nights where you can smell the oranges and the honeysuckle, like you're breathing flowers, and everyone is smiling at me, and all of sudden BANG! Something lets go in 9ina's transmission! I angled my way over three lanes not being able to shift up or down. The pawl spring (a known issue in the transmission I have) finally let go.

So tonight I'm tearing it apart, but at least I'm not sitting on my couch watching the Oscars!! I'm hoping they just send me a new one, and they've upgraded the spring on the newer ones, so I'll be golden! Lock up your wimmins . . .

Good news! I e-mailed Ultima yesterday (the manufacturer of 9ina's transmission) and this morning I got a call from the head cheese himself. He told me, yes they did have a problem with bad pawl springs and he's sending me out a brand new upgraded version transmission. These newer ones have a better gear set and a much stronger pawl spring.

It good to see great customer service! 9ina will be happy!