npgraphicdesign

Your best and your worst date?

Worst date: Freshman year of high school, some formal dance or other. Blind date, we totally didn't hit it off and I was resplendent in male freshman dorkiness. It was bad. Very, very bad. I don't blame her at all, the entire evening was my fault: every awkward bit of conversation, the corsage that didn't match her dress, every toe that got stepped on while dancing; it was all on me. I remember that at the end of the dance my mom was driving us back to her place to drop her off, and she actually bailed out of the car while it was still moving a few miles an hour rather than give me a chance to get around to her side of the car and try to walk her up to her door.

Best date: oh HELL no, I ain't tellin'. :$

Elvisio "misty watercolored memories" Rodriguez

Best and worst? I got no dates that were total F-ups, but many where we didn't click.

I had one date where my car broke down and it took hours to get a tow truck, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. ;)

Another date, when I was a teenager, with an incredibly hot chick a couple of years older than me. We went to dinner and a movie, and as I'm giving her a kiss goodnight she told me she was out of my league and that we shouldn't go out anymore. She was totally right, but for one night she was my date. That was good enough for me. :)
Anyway, I'm married, so none of it matters anymore. :D

One memorable first date turned out to be both the best and the worst....started out worst and ended the best:

Dinner: Don't EVER order Crab Legs Cacciatore for dinner unless you really, really want to embarrass yourself with tomato sauce all over your hands, your face AND your clothes.

I knew it was going to turn out well when she laughed about it and said I was the bravest man she had ever met. It did turn out well...I married that blonde beauty.

Since you eliminated the "sex on the first date" stories I won't mention the one that had a vaginal odor that curled my socks, shrunk my pecker and retracted my balls....and no it didn't happen. Mr. Pecker said, as he shriveled up to nothing, "You ain't a-gonna stick ME in there!"
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Best date: Second date with the girl I began seeing at the beginning of the year (though sucks its over now). Went out for pizza, shared a bottle of wine and conversation flowed. Then went for a wander along the beach hand in hand. :)
Worst date: Met a girl I liked for coffee, being the gentleman I am, I offered to buy drinks. She got the most expensive drink on the menu. Finished it within about 15 minutes and asked for another :S things went from bad to worse when all she could talk about was her love of Lady Gaga and wanted to be just like her. In the end I excused myself saying I had a meeting to go to...donned my coat and legged it! Phoned her later and got the 'I had a really fun time earlier, when can we meet again'. I politely declined seeing her again. I'd rather be blunt and not string her along. [:/]

I'm still on my best date ever.

:$:)

Most of the time....

Then don't do things that make me fuss at you. Seems like an easy solution to me. :);)

I can't pick just one great date, we've had some pretty awesome ones. B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Worst date I ever had? Probably the night I took this girl out to dinner. Dinner was fine, then we were trying to figure out what to do next (my fault for not having the date planned out), and she suggested we go visit a mutual friend of ours. So we went to his house for a bit. It started getting late and we had to go, so driving down the road along a curve just a block away the girl was talking and I was watching her, and not the road.... BAMCSFJDFSDKJTJNSD...... I had run into the concrete retaining wall on the left side of the split road, flattening both left tires. :S

So we got out, I locked the car and we started walking back to our friend's house, giggling. We got there and it looked like everyone had gone to bed. I pounded on the door, and our friend's father came down to answer... oh shit. :$ He went up to wake his son up. He called the girl's mom and said verbatim "I'm going to drop them both off at your house, um I mean... drop her off!" with a WTF look on his face. :D

So, we dropped her off, and I went back to his house to spend the night and in the morning he took me to a tire store to buy two new tires and get them on my car.

Now... that girl has been married to him for 13 years with 2 kids and a 3rd on the way. B| I don't mind though. She and I never clicked anyway. I have my own wife of nearly 11 years now and 2 girls. All our kids play together often. B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Remember the evening bike ride to the sponge docks?
Baklava at the Greek restaurant?

How could I forget? ;) That was about 5 years ago; we should do it again!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I met a girl during happy hour at an El Torito. Her dad and brother both played major league baseball. She had just broken up with an Angels shortstop. We hit it off pretty well and I decided to ask her to a hockey game. Not just any game. This was Wayne Gretzky's first ever game as an LA KING!!!
We both lived in the OC so it was a bit of a drive to the Fabulous Forum. When I picked her up in my truck she was offended. "Where's your BMW?" she asked. Well I sure as hell wasn't going to take my BMW to a Kings game and park it at the Forum.
She also had a foam cooler with 8 beers in it. WTF?
She popped one beer after another on the way and ranted and raved about baseball, her family and her ex. All the way up the 405 fwy. By the time we got to the game I wanted to push her under the Zamboni.
Needless to say, I just watched the game, marveled at the Great One's abilities and threw back a couple of $6 beers myself.
On the ride home she had to stop and pee 4 times. I wanted to leave her at the AM/PM at each stop.
When I got to her house I just said "get out". That was the last I saw her until one day last year a friend called me to watch the "Housewives of OC". Yup, there she was in all her pain in the ass glory.:P

The best date ever was a blind date at Karl Strauss Brewery with a really hot blonde chic. Ten years later we're still dating (and married).B|

Remember the evening bike ride to the sponge docks?
Baklava at the Greek restaurant?

How could I forget? ;) That was about 5 years ago; we should do it again!

Get a room you two. Or an empty airplane. :P:D

I vote empty airplane. Way more fun than a room. ;)

God best date....have had some very good ones since I started dating last year. You know where things just were fun and easy and the conversation never ended...but those are never fun to talk about.
Now the worst?

First date after the X wife and I split. I meet this girl, gorgeous...simply stunning. Skinny athletic Eastern European girl. Blond hair gorgeous green eyes...just like WOW! For a moment I actually found god and thanked him for giving me this opportunity right out of the gates.
Anyhow we go out for dinner and we are talking and she is educated has an MBA, has a very stable job, is very outgoing and I'm thinking THANK YOU GOD I LOVE YOU! PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THE LARGE QUANTITIES OF PORK AND BEER I CONSUME!
And well it's after dinner and we order coffee and are sharing desert and she asks "So do you want to have kids?"
*Shah looks around confused* "hu?"
"So do you want to have kids?" she asks with a bit more....anger?
Shah "No, I just came out of a very long and stressful situa..."
GIRL JUST EXPLODES! "How dare you not want to have kids, what are you selfish and blab la bla bla blab la..."
So here I'm thinking......yeah......why me.
Waiter sticks his head around to look at what's going on and I just smile and mouth "She's cute I forgive her..."
And the guy just about passed out laughing.

Nice dinner, strange girl. She wanted kids NOW! Had the names and genders picked out!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

God best date....have had some very good ones since I started dating last year. You know where things just were fun and easy and the conversation never ended...but those are never fun to talk about.
Now the worst?

First date after the X wife and I split. I meet this girl, gorgeous...simply stunning. Skinny athletic Eastern European girl. Blond hair gorgeous green eyes...just like WOW! For a moment I actually found god and thanked him for giving me this opportunity right out of the gates.
Anyhow we go out for dinner and we are talking and she is educated has an MBA, has a very stable job, is very outgoing and I'm thinking THANK YOU GOD I LOVE YOU! PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THE LARGE QUANTITIES OF PORK AND BEER I CONSUME!
And well it's after dinner and we order coffee and are sharing desert and she asks "So do you want to have kids?"
*Shah looks around confused* "hu?"
"So do you want to have kids?" she asks with a bit more....anger?
Shah "No, I just came out of a very long and stressful situa..."
GIRL JUST EXPLODES! "How dare you not want to have kids, what are you selfish and blab la bla bla blab la..."
So here I'm thinking......yeah......why me.
Waiter sticks his head around to look at what's going on and I just smile and mouth "She's cute I forgive her..."
And the guy just about passed out laughing.

Nice dinner, strange girl. She wanted kids NOW! Had the names and genders picked out!

Actual names, places and events have been changed to protect the innocent girl.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Worst date:Went on a blind date. (These stories usually start like this.:D) Having the before dinner drink and he's pretty much talking to my boobs.:S Then, even before the meal comes he decides to reach over and touch my thigh!:o:S I stood up tossed a couple dollars down for my drink, told him to lose my number and left.:)

Best date: Quite a few years ago a few days after a pretty good snowstorm my best friend/S.O. flew out to see me. He hadn't been to Gettysburg and I wanted to take him there, but it was sooo cold and blustery out I figured it would be nixed. He said he wanted to go anyway. We drove around the battlefields, I think we might have gotten out of the car just once.:D The view was fantastic with all the snow.:)

"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

Worst date:Went on a blind date. (These stories usually start like this.:D) Having the before dinner drink and he's pretty much talking to my boobs.:S Then, even before the meal comes he decides to reach over and touch my thigh!:o:S I stood up tossed a couple dollars down for my drink, told him to lose my number and left.:)

Best date: Quite a few years ago a few days after a pretty good snowstorm my best friend/S.O. flew out to see me. He hadn't been to Gettysburg and I wanted to take him there, but it was sooo cold and blustery out I figured it would be nixed. He said he wanted to go anyway. We drove around the battlefields, I think we might have gotten out of the car just once.:D The view was fantastic with all the snow.:)

Now, did he touch the thigh or did he squeeze it? Because if he just touched it, it could've been playful flirting. But if he squeezed it...well that's a whole different story. ;)

Seriously, sounds like a real winner. Be glad he lost your number...or hopefully did!

Ok so my two stories.

Best: Well, actually it was a series of two dates. She was a sister of a fellow student, and first I asked her out to Borders to tutor me in Spanish. Tutoring session lasted about 2 hours, after which we went to the local Friendly's and closed it. Sat there for five hours talking over food/drinks/coffee. Second date: went out for food, came back to her place around 9, and stayed up all night listening to my endless music collection (always in the car with me for such emergencies :P), talking, getting to know each other, etc. That lasted until 8 in the morning..and I had class at 9. (oh and did I mention I also dated her sister more than ten years later? :S)

Worst: Not really one or two, but there have been several dates where the conversation did...not...happen. And I'm not referring to deeply intellectual conversation, a debate on politics and the economy, or discussion of classic literature. I'm referring to a nice back and forth conversation, about various topics, just getting to know each other. I would've rather been at the dentist than have been part of those dates. At least my dentist has a sense of humor and tells jokes while he drills. With these 'dates', nothing/noone got drilled. :P:D

Anybody remember the Tonight Show episode with Jay Leno asking audience members about worst date experiences? I don't think anybody can top the one where the guy and girl got stuck in a snowstorm and she had to go pee real bad so she went outside, leaned against the car and squatted with the guy standing guard. Well, apparently the girl's bare back froze to the car. :o She was stuck! After pondering the situation, the guy went ahead and peed on her back and freed her.

:D:D:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Anybody remember the Tonight Show episode with Jay Leno asking audience members about worst date experiences? I don't think anybody can top the one where the guy and girl got stuck in a snowstorm and she had to go pee real bad so she went outside, leaned against the car and squatted with the guy standing guard. Well, apparently the girl's bare back froze to the car. :o She was stuck! After pondering the situation, the guy went ahead and peed on her back and freed her.

:D:D:D

Talk about a fantasy come true...for some people :):D

So Billy, did she thank you afterwards?