NWFlyer

Nine Days off the Grid, Soaking Wet, in a Ginormous Chasm

Okay, so that's a pretty bizarre way to describe my experience rafting the lower portion of the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon last week, but it's Bonfire... I needed a catchy headline.:D;)

How do you describe the trip of a lifetime? I don't really know, but since I have millions of thoughts but can only come up with a few words, I'll let my pictures do the talking. Each set of photos linked above has the day's itinerary included so you can see what we did each day. Highlights attached, but the full set of photos (with better resolution) is linked above.

Edited to add based on a PM question I received - yes, there was PLENTY of whitewater, I just had my camera secured for the ride through the rapids; I hope to get rapid footage from some folks who had GoPros (I didn't end up bringing mine).

Within about a day of being on the river I was making plans in my head to come back and do the full trip (and make sure my SO saves up his vacation to join me this time), which includes the first 89 river miles that I missed. I'm thinking that'll be 2013's big trip. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing! The water in day 5 looks ever so inviting, especially with the 100 degree weather we've had the last week.

B|
g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

The water in day 5 looks ever so inviting, especially with the 100 degree weather we've had the last week.

It was over 100 most days there, too. But, the river supplied natural air conditioning and refrigeration. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Where was that?

Thought that first sentence was pretty clear, John. Or did you just look at the pictures? ;):P

I like the pretty pictures. :)

I had to share so you guys would know that I missed LFL to cross a big one off my "bucket list." ;)