iluvtofly

5 Hours to Wonder Around Boston

Friday I'm flying up for the Tiki Boogie. There's a small group of us flying into Boston and renting a car. Problem is I get in 5 hours before everyone else. Is there anything cheap/free to do within walking distance of the airport? My budget is EXTREMELY tight so I don't want to pay for a taxi and can't really do anything too costly. I've never been to Boston so I would like to explore a little if it's possible. Thanks for the tips. :)

Friday I'm flying up for the Tiki Boogie. There's a small group of us flying into Boston and renting a car. Problem is I get in 5 hours before everyone else. Is there anything cheap/free to do within walking distance of the airport? My budget is EXTREMELY tight so I don't want to pay for a taxi and can't really do anything too costly. I've never been to Boston so I would like to explore a little if it's possible. Thanks for the tips. :)

You can wonder around Boston whilst sitting in the terminal:ph34r:
Wandering might require more energy though;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You can wonder around Boston whilst sitting in the terminal:ph34r:
Wandering might require more energy though;)

Oh hush...the coffee is still brewing. :P

Logan airport is not near anything in Boston, and it is a PITA to get anywhere from there if you don't know exactly where to go.

My advice: Find nearest airport lounge, commence drinking till your friends arrive.;)

Thank you for the first answer from anyone on here or elsewhere that wasn't intented to get my killed or maimed by the locals. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Logan airport is not near anything in Boston, and it is a PITA to get anywhere from there if you don't know exactly where to go.

My advice: Find nearest airport lounge, commence drinking till your friends arrive.;)

Thank you for the first answer from anyone on here or elsewhere that wasn't intented to get my killed or maimed by the locals. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Depends! Are you a mean/belligerent drunk? :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

well, if you have five hours to get drunk.. you might end up being killed or maimed anyway.. :o
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

From the sound of things WONDERING about Boston seems like the smart thing to do:ph34r::ph34r:

Was it Boston or Baltimore that has the highest murder rate in the USofA?

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

here is a link to the Boston public transit map. Find a train from the airport, take a bus somewhere and look out the window. I drove all through Cambridge on Mass Ave a few weeks ago -- just the people-watching was worth it (hint: MIT students look VERY different from Harvard students :ph34r:).

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)