shah269

Watching an engineering / science girl bitch about online dating...

Online dating, the dive dive dive dive dive dive bar on the wrong side of the tracks sitting down wind of the local open sewage processing plant.
Three groups of people visit this dive bar of last resort.
1) Those who work 10 hours a day, attend class and who's group of friends are either now married or married with kids or married and trying to have kids.
And just want to go out once a week and have a nice drink and a dinner.

2) The delusional, AKA so what I'm 300lbs of chub any man or woman should look well past the two to three feet of blubber and love me who what and who I am....now where is that twinky!

3) Thos who have the social acumen of a twice boiled gym sock. AKA the guys who shoot girls emails asking if they want to suck their dick and if the girl is dumb enough to respond by saying no...the aforementioned Romeo replies with some witty comeback such as "Jerk"

That aside my personal favorite has to be our delusional friends. And who is more delusional and out of touch with reality and their own dating capital than our good friends the engineering and science girls. A half decade or so of being in an environment where they are the only viable option has not only inflated their ego but has given them an odd distorted view of how hot they are.

Most girls look in the mirror and due to social pressures think "Eh...maybe I'll skip the death by chocolate desert and go for the fruit this evening" while your average engineering and science girl looks in the mirror and does what best could be described as some sort of off tempo fully body convulsion which she likes to call "dancing" while thinking "Yeah I will have the death by chocolate and a pound of whip cream on top of that!"

Long story short the other day I had a chance to watch said dance, I threw up a bit, poured sandy bleach into my eyes and closed the car door on my fingers a few times to dull the pain. But it all cleared up into laughter quickly thereafter. My good friend the scientist chick started complaining about the quality of dates she was having.

She could not figure out why the guys she is dating now will not bend over backwards for her as her previous boyfriend the engineer did. And what's worse, why these scientist/ engineers she is now sort of seeing either are not fully into her or worse are dorky compared to the other guys.

Ladies and gents, it was truly a case of the "Emperor's New Clothes".
Now please don't get me wrong, she is a very smart girl and is rather attractive if she ever stops being so freaking full of herself. Yet I could not help but smile and think "Shah your name should be Prometheus.....without that having your liver eaten out thing"

So this is your public service announcement, if you know anyone who works 10 hours a day and attends graduate classes every Saturday and is sadly in a state where all of his or her friends are either married, married with kids or married and trying to have kids...don't let them online date...they may bump into some really odd people! Introduce them to your hot friends! Do the right thing!

And with epic posts such as this, you have to wonder why Cosmo has not hired me to write for them.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Geez man, ask her out already. :S

She's an engineering girl. Do you know how dull they are on dates?
They are gambling with chips that their looks can't cash.
It's truly a sad thing really.

I mean the girl is cute...for a scientists. But she thinks she deserves Brad Freaking Pit with two PhD's and who will bend over backwards for her and has a thing for playing guitar in the nude while making her breakfast in bed.

I told her if she wants that kind of treatment with her lack of assets she needs to hit a local DZ and giggle.

FYI PA DZ's incomming! You can than me later!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Geez man, ask her out already. :S

She's an engineering girl. Do you know how dull they are on dates?
They are gambling with chips that their looks can't cash.
It's truly a sad thing really.

I mean the girl is cute...for a scientists. But she thinks she deserves Brad Freaking Pit with two PhD's and who will bend over backwards for her and has a thing for playing guitar in the nude while making her breakfast in bed.

I told her if she wants that kind of treatment with her lack of assets she needs to hit a local DZ and giggle.

FYI PA DZ's incomming! You can than me later!

I've read many of your posts and to an extent, i have to say i agree with most of what you say. However, based on all the things i've read, it seems like you have the same attitude as this girl. You come off like you're this amazing guy with even more amazing looks who just can't catch a break. No offence, but i've seen pictures of you and you're no brad pitt yourself(and believe me, neither am i. that's not really my point). Yet, you come on these forums acting like you deserve a perfect 10.

I'm not saying lower your standards. I'm not even suggesting you settle. Yet, you point out that this girl isn't that great looking and expects an amazing looking guy who will bend over backwards for her and it seems to me you expect exactly that yourself.

Please note that this is not a personal attack on you. I'm sure you're a really cool guy who does, in fact, have a lot to offer someone. I'm just saying don't come on here talking about someone who, in my opinion, is doing and expecting exactly what you do.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

Yeah but not only do I make it look good but I can pull it off!
See unlike my friend, I am capable of being engaging and exciting and fun to be around.
She on the other hand kind of sits back and wants' the guy to do all these little tricks for her.....much as they did when she as a student in engineering / science school.
But now she is in the real world and well her inflated ego is starting to clash with reality.
To paraphrase, "She is writing checks her looks nor her personality can cash."

I'm sure she will lower her standards and stop trying to get the finance guys and settle for a nice engineer / scientists who she can boss around all day and who thinks she is god's gift to the dorks.

The engineering women at Georgia Tech back in early 1990s were atrocious. Only 1 in 5 students were women so their egos went wild. And 90% of them were unattractive. It would have been more pleasant going to all mens school to avoid this situation.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Good chance she sees you in exactly the same light.

The engineering chick hates me!
And we are not talking little hate we are talking big hate.
I call her out on the big ego big ass thing....It's like kicking a bull square in the balls!

See unlike my friend, I am capable of being engaging and exciting and fun to be around.
She on the other hand kind of sits back and wants' the guy to do all these little tricks for her.....much as they did when she as a student in engineering / science school.
But now she is in the real world and well her inflated ego is starting to clash with reality.
To paraphrase, "She is writing checks her looks nor her personality can cash."

I'm sure she will lower her standards and stop trying to get the finance guys and settle for a nice engineer / scientists who she can boss around all day and who thinks she is god's gift to the dorks.

Haha if what you say is true then all i have to say is fair enough. I honestly do hope you find what you're looking for. Dating isn't easy especially as you get older. [:/]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

Haha if what you say is true then all i have to say is fair enough. I honestly do hope you find what you're looking for. Dating isn't easy especially as you get older. [:/]

Amen to that!
All my friends who were my wing buddies are either married, married with kids married trying to have kids or just to fat to get out of the house!

I think it all depends on where you live mate. If you are lucky enough to live in or around a alrge city (under 15 miles) dating for an older guy can be great!

Sadly I live 30 miles from a larger city and as such dating for me is work. But I do well. But I know I could do better if I lived closer to NYC.

>The engineering women at Georgia Tech back in early 1990s were atrocious.

Funny, the women at MIT in the late 80's were pretty cool. Might just have been the place I lived there (the "party" but really the jock dorm, which means that it was probably slightly below average in terms of athletes for your typical non-nerdy college.)

You must be totally different in real life from your online personna.

yes and no and a bit of maybe.

I would love to mate, trust me I would...but I have this $260k led weight around my nuts holding me in the deepest darkest NJ.
I was dating a gorgeous girl out of Brooklyn, stunning blond size 8 with a PhD....god she was as much fun to look at as to talk with.
Sadly...location killed it.....

But like some sort of cockroach I will survive.

Yeah I liked Kris, she made me smile and I made her giggle. And as special she was to me she is realy a dime a dozen in NYC.
Just another nice girl with a good head on her shoulders and an education looking for a guy who isn't a flaming ass or a hipster.
I loved cooking for her at her little place in Brooklyn.

But such is life.

LMAO :D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Cock roaches, lizards, and Keith Richards will survive it all.........

I guess I should be added to the list.
Saddams bombs couldn't kill me. But I have a funny feeling gravity has a good chance.

OH NO! SHIT! I thought it was the end of the month.
I'm sorry. And not the fake internet sorry, like the real crap I'm sorry sorry...
Shucks. [:/]

You must be totally different in real life from your online personna.

I was thinking the same thing.

I was in the airport a few days ago waiting in the obnoxious line to check-in, and I saw a couple and their young daughter. After observing him for awhile, I seriously thought "Shah must be a total troll, he's not single at all!" This man resembled you just the slightest bit, and had a general attitude of "I'm better than you" (but please tell me you aren't cocky enough to wear white faux alligator skin boots with a matching European carry-all B|). His wife was stunning, as was his daughter, but he was completely controlling of his wife's actions. Anytime she would go to do something or interact with the airport employees, he would completely cut her off and redirect her; barely even let her pick her own seat in the boarding area.

Anyways, I'm sure the dynamics of their relationship work for them, and you really aren't as much as an ass as you come across on here. However, watching that couple and being reminded of you entertained me for a little bit in the middle of a pretty shitty travel experience.