darora15

I can't beleive this

There is a lady who is suing Continental airlines for excessive turbulence. She claims she now has PTSD and can't fly anymore which is bad for her job. I am at a loss for words.

]

Not to make a SC-worthy statement, but until this country gets SOME kind of tort reform, this sort of thing is going to keep happening. In fact, I predict it will get worse and worse.

Elvisio "repulsed by all the drug lawsuit commercials on during every football game and baseball game" Rodriguez

Well, considering this happened in Texas, where they already have tort reform, I'm not sure it'll make that much difference.

You just can't stop stupid sometimes [:/]

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well, considering this happened in Texas, where they already have tort reform, I'm not sure it'll make that much difference.

You just can't stop stupid sometimes [:/]

Wendy P.

Strange. The TX "Loser Pays" law went into effect on Sep 1, 2011.
Perhaps someone didn't get the memo.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

at least they didn't have to do an emergency landing because the turbulence was so bad it broke something on the plane :D

That's called 'Crashing'....it's covered in the manual.

They've upgraded the manuals since stone engravings and cave paintings.:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Hah.....! She must now prove her "damages" in a court!
Looks like a suit filed for the nuisance value; hoping that the airline will settle ($$$$) out of court. Disgraceful.>:(

Give her a bag of peanuts and a pat on the ass...she'll settle.:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Looks like a suit filed for the nuisance value; hoping that the airline will settle ($$$$) out of court. Disgraceful.>:(

I sez counter-sue. It tends to smarten up the BS-ers.

You can try, but I know for a fact that counter has horrible credit and no savings.:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

You can try, but I know for a fact that counter has horrible credit and no savings.:P[/reply

The object is to dissuade further, and future abusers of the process. Having deep pockets is generally a plus.B| Besides, it's the clients decision, and the lawyers gets paid, win or lose.:(

That sounds like another suit, she might be allergic to peanuts :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

There are some weird news out there. Then I saw this: http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/12/8288725-ryanair-ceos-latest-plan-replace-toilets-with-seats?gt1=43001

All I can say is if you have bladder problems, I recommend not flying with this airline. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't know if thats as bad as the lady thats suing a studio over the movie "Drive". Trying to go class action and everything.

http://www.holymoly.com/film-dvd/news/women-sues-drive-studio-over-lack-car-stunts-film59930

Yep. Stupid is as stupid does. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hey! It's America!
Truth! Justice! The American Way!

Oh, wait...it's everywhere!

:D:D:D
The world has no lack of nutters.
Hell in a hand basket?
I wonder....just who is it that's carrying the hand basket?

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

There is a lady who is suing Continental airlines for excessive turbulence. She claims she now has PTSD and can't fly anymore which is bad for her job. I am at a loss for words.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/12/texas-woman-sues-continental-over-turbulent-flight/

The issue is that some people have very little understanding of physics. My pet peaves are the people who clap on landing and the people who start praying out loud as you come in to land (only exception to this is me praying when landing in a skydiving plane of course:D).

I wouldn't be surprised if she thinks that turbulence is something that a pilot can see and fly around (like potholes in a road).
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

God help the airline had she spilled hot coffee in her lap. :S

Funny story:

On a flight to NJ, the pilot came on and told everyone to put seat belts on because we would be hitting some turbulence.

Now this was right in the middle of the meal (yes, it was ages ago).

You can imagine what happened....

Food, trays, miscellaneous items AND people hit the ceiling and it was messy, messy, messy.
:D:D

Ooooooo, Oooooo!
Maybe I can sue Aerodyne because my canopy bucks me around in turbulence and I just HATE that...it scares me! It affects my income because I won't take students up in that radical stuff.
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239