NewGuy2005

Question for Mac Users

No idea, I use a MAc and have no problem. however it does sometimes hang if I try to attach a doc to an e-mail.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

My Mac freezes up when I use the Yahoo mail page. I've researched it and see that a lot of people have this problem, but I have not seen any solution.

Any idea what may be causing it?

I believe you've answered your own question.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

My Mac freezes up when I use the Yahoo mail page. I've researched it and see that a lot of people have this problem, but I have not seen any solution.

OK, I'll re-phrase it: Any idea what may be causing Yahoo to freeze my computer?

OK, I'll re-phrase it: Any idea what may be causing Yahoo to freeze my computer?

Could be any one of a number of things, but my guess is some non-standard bit of code somebody kludged together that runs on Windows machines due to their sloppy code, but also violate a security hole Mac and it's implementation of Java or HTLM actually fixed and doesn't allow.

That wouldn't nessasarialy be Yahoo, but maybe part of banner ads or something.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'd block the ads first, those get to the point they just overtake the website sometimes anyways. I'd rather not see any anyways.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'd block the ads first, those get to the point they just overtake the website sometimes anyways. I'd rather not see any anyways.

:o
Are you saying...some people still don't use Adblock???:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Or prefer the stability and performance of BSD Unix.
:P

Which one?
- Free
- Net
- Open
- Dragonfly

I have all of them on my multiboot boxes.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

To me, it's but only a tool, a hammer if you will.
When I take out the hammer to use it, I'm really over the waiting 10 minutes or more for the hammer to be ready to use. Only to pick up said hammer and get an hourglass for another 10 minutes while it figures out where it's ass is.
I also don't need the option of choosing what color my hammer would like to be when it does decide to be usable.
My Mac does none of that.
I turn it on and in 30 seconds it's on-line and ready to use.
THAT'S why I like my Mac.

Now this winblows laptop........
[:/]

Try a different browser, as well. I noted that my work Mac's Safari would freeze - or generate weird things - on some sites, when Chrome and Firefox didn't.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

so far all Mac owners seem to be total wankers.
I've been a PC user for 20 years and never ever had any issues that Mac owners say they use Macs to avoid.

I think it's the PC anti-wanker software that Mac owners encounter, which causes their PC dilemmas :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've been a PC user for 20 years and never ever had any issues that Mac owners say they use Macs to avoid.

I think it's the PC anti-wanker software that Mac owners encounter, which causes their PC dilemmas :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

You're just jealous because you're not cool like us. B|

You're just jealous because you're not cool like us. B|

Damn straight NewGuy, I'm UNIQUELY COOLB|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak, My philosophy is as follows: (disclosure: I own 2 macbook pro's, a mac tower, 2 PC notebooks, a netbook and a PC tower)

There are 2 types of computer users:

1. Those that say they want an open architected system that allows them ultimate flexibility to add and subtract components, software, and operating systems. The vast majority of these folks don't do this but want this capability. These folks don't mind a few glitches along the way caused by .dll conflicts or driver update incompatibilities.

2. Those that have no desire for ultimate flexibility and wish the computer to be as absolutely invisible to them so that they can accomplish their tasks.

My preference is #2, which is why my go to computer is my macbook pro.

I dot hold anything against anyone for their choice of computers, I just have my own needs and standards. I am willing to pay more over a 3 or 4 year life span of the computer for this invisibility and the knowledge (in my opinion) that I will get absolute consistency every time I turn on the computer.

As a caveat: I work in IT and 'own' collaboration software (SharePoint and Lync) and email for a $50 billion 160,000 employee company
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---