skydiverbry

Thanksgiving Day Dinner

Sounds like you may be in for the ole' McDonalds Thanksgiving Feast[:/][:/]

What's wrong with that? Looks like it's fair game for me this year.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

We're going to be in the process of moving our son to New York, so Heaven only knows what we'll get to eat. [:/]

Moving him to NY?
That's harsh;
What did he do wrong?[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm roasting a turkey (planning to try this recipe). I'm a little nervous because I decided to shell out the big bucks and buy an all-natural, organic, grass fed heritage turkey this year, and considering how much money I spent on the thing, I'm oddly nervous about ruining it. But I have to remind myself I've successfully roasted many a turkey before, and this one will be just fine (and probably better since it's such good quality meat). Plus, bacon makes everything better!

Sides will include a raw beet salad with walnuts & goat cheese, mashed sweet potatoes, and roasted brussels sprouts, with a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. Been a few years since I pulled out all the stops for Thanksgiving, but since my parents will be in town, I decided to hit the kitchen again.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

We're going to be in the process of moving our son to New York, so Heaven only knows what we'll get to eat. [:/]

Moving him to NY?
That's harsh;
What did he do wrong?[:/]

No more than graduate college (at age 20) at a really bad time for new grads. :)(for the timing)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I'm roasting a turkey (planning to try this recipe). I'm a little nervous because I decided to shell out the big bucks and buy an all-natural, organic, grass fed heritage turkey this year, and considering how much money I spent on the thing, I'm oddly nervous about ruining it. But I have to remind myself I've successfully roasted many a turkey before, and this one will be just fine (and probably better since it's such good quality meat). Plus, bacon makes everything better!

Sides will include a raw beet salad with walnuts & goat cheese, mashed sweet potatoes, and roasted brussels sprouts, with a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. Been a few years since I pulled out all the stops for Thanksgiving, but since my parents will be in town, I decided to hit the kitchen again.

I've done the bacon wrapped turkey about six times now. (three thanksgivings and christmases).

Pointers: It's all about the temperature, not the time in the oven. Use meat thermometers that you can have in the oven. Put them in the area where the drumstick and body conjoin and have one in the breast area. Cook till 180ish in the thigh area. The breast will be higher by default. Make a judgement call to where the last 45 minutes of roasting will happen and peel the bacon off at that time. Otherwise it will burn to a crisp. Use bacon in your gravy or enjoy eating it.

Love the bacon turkey stuff. I used maple syrup, butter, apples, grapes light amount of onions concoction for basting personally, but this recipe looks good also.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I will be missing the bacon wrapped turkey and such this year. First time away from family for Thanksgiving in close to 20 years....

Come to think of it, the last time I missed thanksgiving was the last time I moved to CO!

Oh wait no, the last time was in 2003 when I spent a month in FL. Though there was a massive skydiving family there to hang out with @ Zhills that weekend :)
This year looks like I will be skiing. :P

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Tactically located near Elsinore and Perris. If you are in the area, free Turkey!!:)

If I show up at your house, will you promise to not tell my mom in Placentia? :)

Oh, wait, I have to get my son ensconced in an apartment in NY.

So little time, so many coasts :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Tactically located near Elsinore and Perris. If you are in the area, free Turkey!!:)

If I show up at your house, will you promise to not tell my mom in Placentia? :)

Oh, wait, I have to get my son ensconced in an apartment in NY.

So little time, so many coasts :P

No problem:D:D

My home is always open. Let me know:)

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I remember one Turkey Boogie @ Perris, young and single, chowing down a triple decker at Wendy's in Perris for my Thanksgiving meal. I was skydiving, so who cared?:D

We're having about a dozen people over, We'll have a 22+ pound turkey, brined, smoked, then slow roasted.B|