shah269

Is the Era of the Motorcycle Over?

I've yet to hear an import bike that didn't sound like a pissed off bumble bee.

then you need to get your ig'nrant arse within hearing shot of an Italian V Twin;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQSr6kyaWVk
mine had a super trap exhaust...sounded way more bombastic.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

this come through on FB... very fitting to this discussion. and i totally agree with what he has to say.
http://player.vimeo.com/video/20789680?autoplay=1

Guys like this taught me how to ride....sadly I've lost touch with them over the years.
They are and will always be the coolest most talented people I have ever met.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

this come through on FB... very fitting to this discussion. and i totally agree with what he has to say.
http://player.vimeo.com/video/20789680?autoplay=1

Guys like this taught me how to ride....sadly I've lost touch with them over the years.
They are and will always be the coolest most talented people I have ever met.

LOL I doubt guy like THAT would spend time talking to you:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

then you need to get your ig'nrant arse within hearing shot of an Italian V Twin;)
Benelli 6 cyilinders.... 'nuff said...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

ZX-14? :)

We need a [PUKE] emoticon here... It's a Kaw (COW). Nough Said.

If a big speedy beast is your thing? Hop on the 'Bus(a), Gus. There are great bikes for every taste.

You 'kids' today...:S

My 1st street bike was a Kawasaki H2 750 two-stroke triple...I was 17 and hadn't gotten a handle on the whole 'Brains vs. Balls' thing.

It was a freakin' rocket ship, that went through turns like a one handed wheelbarrow full of monkey piss, and even when the brakes were good... they were bad!:D

Putting it through the 'S's up in triple digits would cause he frame to flex about 4 inches...TALK ABOUT FUN!

The only bike I currently own is a BSA Gold Star...goes plenty fast enough for this old man, and NEVER fails to grab some attention outside of the Harley Bar at the edge of town. B|

I had a 'cream condition' 1972 Honda SL350...took it down to the last nut&bolt and made it 'brand-new' about ten years ago...sold it right before my boys started driving, didn't want them to even ASK because I know they would just trash it, just like they did with their dirt bikes...one of which BTW was traded in for a PLAY-STATION! [:/]B|

I saw it in town last week, still cherry...damn I wish I had it back!! :)

You guys can go goo goo over all the 21st century hi-tech fire breathers all day long, ...but there aren't too many bikes prettier than big ole 'Honda Blue' SL350! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

LOL I doubt guy like THAT would spend time talking to you:ph34r::ph34r:

Hey, my 87 700 VFR was a barn find. You think I had the skill to bring her back to life?
NO WAY NO HOW! Those guys were the best!
Sadly I haven't seen them in ages! [:/]

The only bike I currently own is a BSA Gold Star...goes plenty fast enough for this old man, and NEVER fails to grab some attention outside of the Harley Bar at the edge of town. B|

I bet she does :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

You're reminding me of a moment I had years ago. When I was 19. I bought a brand new '85 900 Ninja. Man, I was flying high w/that thing. It was a rocket ship. It was also very high-tech for the era. I used to fondly reminisce about it over the years. I happened upon one @a rally many years later. I cracked up laughing at it... The years make the shortcomings hazy to remember. H2s & H3s were fast for their time. That is, until they blew up. They're neat old bikes, though. I like them, & as well as the Z1. I attached a few pix of an H2 I'd found while researching a project bike. I'd love to build one some day.

As for a '72 350??? Um...yeah...sure, Jim. You meet the nicest people on a Honda :D.

It may be loud, but at least it's slow.

The Alfa has an easy 40 mph on the Shovelhead; the Alfa is happy at 125+, but the Harley is better at 70 and below.

The Moto Guzzi is a sleeper. It goes an awful lot faster than it feels like. I do not have any pictures of the Interceptor here.

BSBD,

Winsor

It may be loud, but at least it's slow.

The Alfa has an easy 40 mph on the Shovelhead; the Alfa is happy at 125+, but the Harley is better at 70 and below.

The Moto Guzzi is a sleeper. It goes an awful lot faster than it feels like. I do not have any pictures of the Interceptor here.

BSBD,

Winsor

Guzzis are for bike riders ;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

but the V rod is a great bike!

Wouldn't you rather have a Harley?
As to the question, don't give a fuck if the wannabe bikers have finally sold their no mileage, trailer bikes for the latest fad. Going on 47 years of riding, come March. Never been a fad for me, but a way of life.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

"The Moto Guzzi is a sleeper."

An engine that traces it's lineage to a Sixties era tractor motor is a sleeper??? I'll confess I've never ridden one. I did see a neat looking one a few years back. It was some kind of super sport 1100, I believe. Do they vibrate badly?

The first bike I bought new was a 1971 Kawasaki 500 triple two stroke. At the time it was the fastest production motorcycle made. Way too fast for my skill level, and no brakes anyhow. Put 2500 miles on it in six weeks and then hit some gravel and drove it into a guardrail. After I got out of the hospital my Dad and I hauled it up to the shop where I bought it. It was nearly totaled and they gave me $500 for it. I followed the mechanics as they drug it around to the back of the shop and, lined up there like an elephant graveyard, were forty of them, half of all the 500's they sold that year, and there was still half the summer left!

This thread makes me want to buy another bike...my tenth.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

An engine that traces it's lineage to a Sixties era tractor motor is a sleeper??? I'll confess I've never ridden one. I did see a neat looking one a few years back. It was some kind of super sport 1100, I believe. Do they vibrate badly?

it was NEVER designed as a tractor motor. and NO they dont vibrate BADLY, but they are a V Twin and all V twins vibrate.
You might want to actually find out a little about a topic before you try slagging it off.
Yet again your ignorance is showing
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I had a Dyna Wide Glide and it was quite nice. Now I am on my second Honda VTX 1800 and it suits me well as I like to ride country roads on weekends for a couple of hundred miles. It is set up like a bagger. Now, it is big and heavy, not an issue on the highways, but a factor for in town riding.

it was NEVER designed as a tractor motor. and NO they dont vibrate BADLY, but they are a V Twin and all V twins vibrate.
You might want to actually find out a little about a topic before you try slagging it off.
Yet again your ignorance is showing

Fuck You, Squeaky. You're an absolute Ass. Stop twisting my words. You think you're entertaining by being such an abrasive wiseass. You're not. You might want to drop that attitude against the world. Most people do by the time they reach High School... Don't bother trying to PM me. You were blocked a long time ago after an earlier hissy fit of yours.

Not big sellers out here, those italian v-twins. Might stick my ear in the air if I ever make it out to oz though.B|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.