nigel99

Got my girl scout badge!

:$

I have been struggling to get my new canopy into it's main bag. I got myself convinced that the d-bag was too small.

Anyway it turn out I was just being a little girl and not being firm enough with the canopy. After numerous attempts it fits in the bag with room to spare.

Anyway after fighting nylon for half a day I think I deserve a nice hot bubble bath for my aching arms:D

well thank goodness this thread is about packing... I thought perhaps you'd just done your first Girl Scout :o

Sadly, me too! :$ I'm also glad to see it wasn't something about cookies. Or brownies. :P

Congrats, Nigel! Did you jump that pack job?
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

well thank goodness this thread is about packing... I thought perhaps you'd just done your first Girl Scout :o

Sadly, me too! :$ I'm also glad to see it wasn't something about cookies. Or brownies. :P

Congrats, Nigel! Did you jump that pack job?

No not yet. I won't be jumping for 4-6 weeks.

BTW cookies made with 5 leaved vegetables rock:ph34r:
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I have been struggling to get my new canopy into it's main bag. I got myself convinced that the d-bag was too small.

Anyway it turn out I was just being a little girl and not being firm enough with the canopy. After numerous attempts it fits in the bag with room to spare.

Anyway after fighting nylon for half a day I think I deserve a nice hot bubble bath for my aching arms:D

new canopies sort the men from the boys which is why i got a packer to do mine till i could :D:Dbut once you have experienced new material everything after that's well.........reasonable :D:D

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

So...out of all the options it turned out to be: Experience.
:D:D:D

OK so you got the thing in the bag.
The canopy still kicked your butt 2 falls out of 3.
:P

Congrats on tagging your first Girl Scout. Hope she was a Troop Mother (TMILF)
:o

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

So...out of all the options it turned out to be: Experience.

OK so you got the thing in the bag.
The canopy still kicked your butt 2 falls out of 3.
:P

Congrats on tagging your first Girl Scout. Hope she was a Troop Mother (TMILF)
:o

Yip after asking you and thinking about it hard I got myself convinced that I just wasn't trying hard enough.

It is going to take quite a few more practices till I have a packjob I am happy to take terminal though. But I would jump this one - provided it is a hop and pop at 2500ft over a wide open area. I wouldn't want the freebag and main to drift to far and get lost:D:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Aching arms:$

That maybe part of the problem[:/] You left out the rest of your body parts. Rolling on the canopy with your whole body to get the air out, beat the sob with your fists, knees's to compress, legs and feet to make the lumpy bag look nice, and mouth for (cussing) the SOB into submisson.

Sweat also makes a good lube to get all the junk into the little bag.

Not jumping for 4 weeks:ph34r: thats lots of time to practice before you have to jump.:P

R.
One Jump Wonder

Aching arms

That maybe part of the problem You left out the rest of your body parts. Rolling on the canopy with your whole body to get the air out, beat the sob with your fists, knees's to compress, legs and feet to make the lumpy bag look nice, and mouth for (cussing) the SOB into submisson.

Sweat also makes a good lube to get all the junk into the little bag.

Not jumping for 4 weeks thats lots of time to practice before you have to jump.

What I found is that would get a nice 'stack' on the canopy. But as soon as I tried to bag it - it would just explode into a basketball sized ball of fabric.

Eventually I got angry enough to be aggressive. Once I had the stack I used everything I had to force control and it went in 'ok'.

I think I'll leave the next 4 weeks practise to my wife. :)

I think I'll leave the next 4 weeks practise to my wife. :)

AbsolutelyB|] Set her up like Tom Sawyer whitewashing the pickett fence. She'll be begging you for a chance to try the "man stuff".

It will give her something to do at the DZ.;) Just watch out for the dogs>:(

R

If it had been a few other people around here I'd have wondered the same but not Nigel.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

What I found is that would get a nice 'stack' on the canopy. But as soon as I tried to bag it - it would just explode into a basketball sized ball of fabric.

You're not trying to shove the canopy in the bag, are ya?

Try putting the bag around the canopy. ;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message