jimmytavino

Steven Tyler is a Professional Singer?????

RE: ..... his rendition of The National Anthem...

whoa !!!:|[:/]...
Well we tuned in early enough to be "treated " to Mr. Tylers "performance"..before the the Ravens Patriots game at Foxboro Stadium...:S

ouch....
i was cringing, for MOST of the song... must be, that No One ever considered AUDITIONING him..... ahead of time..

Must be that Rock Stars have a very high opinion of themselves... otherwise i would think that he'd be kind of embarrassed... In all these years hasn't ANYONE ever told the guy that he Can't sing??? and He is a Judge???? in an audition show which critiques singers???? why am i not surprised...:S

Before posting this, i DID do a search and found a speakers corner thread from 2004. which discussed,, another poor performance of Tylers.. while singing our Nat,. Anthem...maybe someone more capable than me,,, can link that thread,,, or better yet link a video of yesterdays effort....

This one was tough to watch and Listen to..

Agree??/ Disagree???
discuss.....

jmy

It was better than Rosanne Barr at the Padres game...:)

Didn't watch the game to see Tyler's version, but I was at the game in SD when Rosanne sang. It was awful, even without the crotch grab. But seeing as her boss was partial owner of the team, he let her do what she wanted.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Didn't watch the game to see Tyler's version, but I was at the game in SD when Rosanne sang. It was awful, even without the crotch grab. But seeing as her boss was partial owner of the team, he let her do what she wanted.

Hey I was there too! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I guess he needs screeching guitars playing along with him to cover up his screeching voice? :S Of course, if I would sing it I'd be horribly off key but I wouldn't show up looking like a ragamuffin either!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

But she tried to be horrible. I wonder what Simon Crowel would have to say about it.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

I guess he needs screeching guitars playing along with him to cover up his screeching voice? :S Of course, if I would sing it I'd be horribly off key but I wouldn't show up looking like a ragamuffin either!

in the video it looked like some of the players wanted to tackle tyler!

:D:D:D

what's more important, who won the game; who could get better over this initial embarassment!?

and why the fuck do you yanks sing the national anthem before a football game!?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

i was cringing, for MOST of the song...

I'm amazed that people were surprised at this?

His voice only fits into 'maybe' one type of song style other than "instrumental"

but it works pretty good there

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Serious answer is that it was started during World War II. Sports owners were worried about criticism for not being patriotic because they did not cancel their leagues during the war effort. Singing the National Anthem during contests was meant to prove the owner's patriotism and blunt any criticism.

I agree that it is a stupid tradition all around and should be done away with.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I disagree. Nothing wrong with the national anthem before sporting events. In the NHL, if a game is played in Canada, they play the Canadian national anthem instead. It may have been a stunt when it was started, but now it's just a patriotic tradition.

Not a damn thing wrong with it, other than some of the voices doing the singing. I sang the national anthem before one of my high school hockey games. I actually had one of the hockey moms compliment me on my singing when I was at work the next day. (I used to bag groceries at the local grocery store.)

And for all the inquiring minds, yes, she was hot.:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Tyler sings just fine -in his genre.
I didn't find this as bad as your post suggests; I heard Steven Tyler sing as "Steven Tyler."

He managed it like a rock concert vs a hymn, but it wasn't *that* horrid, IMO. It was merely 'not very good.":P

That being said....Steven Tyler is one of the most sweet, genuine people you'd ever want to meet. Were it not for his trademark ugliness, you'd never know he was a rock legend if you met him on the street.

Serious answer is that it was started during World War II. Sports owners were worried about criticism for not being patriotic because they did not cancel their leagues during the war effort. Singing the National Anthem during contests was meant to prove the owner's patriotism and blunt any criticism.

thanks for the explanation! :)
i think it's alright if it's an INTERNATIONAL game and both countries anthems are being sung, or like at the olympics were the winners anthems are being sung.

but a national game; come ON!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda