JerseyShawn

Robbed at gunpoint today...

Hi Shawn,

I'm glad that you are now able to hug & kiss the girlfriend.

When I was 18 a guy pulled a revolver on me. I just stood there for a moment considering whether I should make a move on him or not ( I was MAD ). Luckily, the two guys with me grabbed me and said 'Let's go.'

If they had not been there, I'm sure I would have gotten shot.

I can remember that event as if it was yesterday.

Now you've got a real story to tell the kids & grandkids. You won't even have to embellish it.

JerryBaumchen

Wow, your adrenaline must have been pumping! In that kind of situation, it doesn't matter what you lose as long as you get out of it ok. Good job! B|

I wasnt really adrenalined up at all.

I know, it's weird isn't it? I was held up with a sawed-off to my face...never felt such an overwhelming sense of clarity and calmness....I guess confidence is what saves you in those situations.

Glad you made it out ok...I have no problem with walking around anywhere by myself back home in Detroit, but Oakland scares the shit out of me.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Hi Shawn,
You did good. Like someone else said, "The hug from your sweetie....'PRICELESS!'" Nuf'said. You just added one more senario on how to handle a bad situation and add it to Sgt Joe Fricks,"Rules for a gun fight!!" Don't worry about a "Plan" as we all should know in real combat, a "Plan" lasts about an "Oakland second"....that's very similar to a "New York second," what ever that is.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I had something similar happen once. Working at a Shell gas station in Sacramento while in high school. It was the first night of having only one guy there until closing, and I have always wondered if the guy they fired a couple days before was involved. Anyway, at about 9 PM a guy walks in and aims a gun at me. It was a revolver, and I could see rounds in the cylinder. He asked for all the money, and I gave it to him, and even asked him if he wanted the change and big bills from under the till tray. He then ordered me to rip the phone cord out of the wall (kinda fun/cool, like in the movies), and then then into the back office room, whereupon he told me to rip another phone cord out. He told me to count to [Ican't remember how many seconds] before leaving the office. I was amazed afterward at how calm I was. AFAIK, he got away with it. IMHO I did the right thing. If I had been carrying, I would have done exactly the same thing, but if he had told me to get on my knees or otherwise indicated that he was going to harm me, I would have pulled and started firing. One or both of us would have been either dead or seriously wounded.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Hi Shawn,
You did good. Like someone else said, "The hug from your sweetie....'PRICELESS!'"

It's those of us without a sweetie and nothing to lose that the thugs have to watch out for...Last I checked, the two spooks that messed with me are gettin' buttfucked up in Jackson.

I think for some people the calm response is actually a natural reaction to a life or death situation that you really have no control over. Sort of like accepting the situation as it is, whatever the outcome.

I have been in a couple of situations where death has been a likely outcome, and I've been surprised how calm I was. Of course it didnt stop me trying to save myself. Maybe its a result of intensive training about remaining calm in critical situations...

Sometimes after the event, the reaction sets in when you have had time to realise what actually happened.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

I think for some people the calm response is actually a natural reaction to a life or death situation that you really have no control over.

I agree 100%

Most of our lives consist of dealing with bullshit...

It isn't till when you are faced with a gun to your head that life becomes real..."this is it...my life depends on this moment and this moment alone...no fuckin' around."

Sometimes after the event, the reaction sets in when you have had time to realise what actually happened.

This is also something I wondered about...

I wondered if perhaps I actually did have an adrenaline rush but didn't realize it because I wasn't using it as a sport to get high.

Dude sorry to hear that i hope you get all your shit back and those SOB's die a horrible death!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Considering the circumstance of already having a gun to his head, what possible difference would it have made?

He claimed they both had their backs to him at one point.

From a boy scout standpoint it is better to have something and not need it then need it and not have it. Same thing applies to AAD's.

So asking an innocent question about if he was allowed to CHL/CWP is a perfectly valid question.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I think for some people the calm response is actually a natural reaction to a life or death situation that you really have no control over.

I agree 100%

Most of our lives consist of dealing with bullshit...

It isn't till when you are faced with a gun to your head that life becomes real..."this is it...my life depends on this moment and this moment alone...no fuckin' around."

Exactly, subconsciously all the decisions I made was based on that. The brains survival mode let me see things so clearly, condensed all of the current situation and future actions that needed to take place from my reactions all into one decision to pinpoint the right decision. If that makes sense. The brain can think so quickly its amazing. Staying calm, whether it is my brain naturally doing it or me staying calm, really helped to get out of it.

(JerseyShawn here. Had to make a new account. Changed all my passwords to everything because the thugs has access to my phone for a few hours before I had it shut off. Forgot my DZ.com and Gmail.com passwords already).

Dude sorry to hear that i hope you get all your shit back and those SOB's die a horrible death!

Ill get my stuff back though renters insurance. I dont wish them a horrid death though. At the time they posed a threat, yes, if I had an opportunity I would of attacked to save myself. Theyre nothing to me now. Theyll end up dead from their fellow hoodlums or the police, or wind up in jail. Matter of time.

My justice is going home after an honest days work, and taking a five minute walk down to the shore/beach with my dog enjoying a beer and watching the sunset. While the hoods live in some shithole run down ghetto because they decided to do nothing with their lives except stick up people for petty cash that makes them feel tough. I feel sorry for them somewhat.

Ill get my stuff back though renters insurance. I dont wish them a horrid death though. At the time they posed a threat, yes, if I had an opportunity I would of attacked to save myself. Theyre nothing to me now. Theyll end up dead from their fellow hoodlums or the police, or wind up in jail. Matter of time.

My justice is going home after an honest days work, and taking a five minute walk down to the shore/beach with my dog enjoying a beer and watching the sunset. While the hoods live in some shithole run down ghetto because they decided to do nothing with their lives except stick up people for petty cash that makes them feel tough. I feel sorry for them somewhat.

+1 The best revenge is living well. Trite, but true :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Man I have been laughing my ass off for the last minute or 2.

When I saw your thread, I was wondering where you were when this happened, and then I saw your username. I said to myself "Jersey, fuck that place sucks even worse than I thought. All those commercials for that dumb reality TV show, and now this. Thank god I don't live anywhere near there."

THEN I see after opening the thread, that this actually happened right in my neck of the woods!!!!! Hahahaha. Funny how that works out....

I don't live in Oakland, but have been there enough times to not look forward to the next time.

Where do you live? You said San Mateo county+ walking to the beach, so I am guessing Half Moon Bay?

About CCW.... Not gunna happen. I live in San Mateo county as well, and if it was possible to get one I would have one already haha.

Glad you are alright man!