piisfish

UFO spotted in the Netherlands (Video)

The video does highlight one of the issues of watching UFOs: Apparent motion.

When zoomed in, it looks like the object is moving quickly.

When zoomed out, it is moving across the visual area in a similar direction as the ground is moving, but faster.

Which suggests it is a small, nearby, slow moving object, being passed by the helicopter -- not a far, large, fast moving object.

(I won't try to study the video in detail, but it's more like kids balloons in a cluster, some collapsed, some not, or something like that.)

The Cineflex camera operator is Evert Cloetens, a skydiver from belgium. He also has no clue what it is we're looking at.
Though the dropzone of Texel is nearby, its not wingsuits (sadly).
Though we do have some awesome Cineflex shots as part of the German 'Deutchland von Oben' TV series (this UFO was accidently caught during the making of the Dutch version). More on that online in a month or twoB|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Yup. The F117 has been decomissioned for some years now.:D

Yeah, right. If it's an asset that has value, it's going to be used, decommissioned or not. Might be in the "black" part (i.e., CIA, etc.) of the budget, though.

your tin foil hat is leaking.

Yeah, right. If it's an asset that has value, it's going to be used, decommissioned or not. Might be in the "black" part (i.e., CIA, etc.) of the budget, though.

There may, in fact, be one or two flying secretly around in the dead of night over some high value target somewhere in the Middle East.

One flying in broad daylight in the Netherlands and coming within eyesight of any other aircraft?

Uh . . . they would not have under any circumstances done that when they were officially operational. There is only a theoretical non-zero chance of them doing that today, but for all practical purposes that number really is zero.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I wasn't suggesting it flies over Holland. Just that "decommissioned" isn't the last word.

But, of course.

The other thing is the Netherlands video looks nothing like an F-117 from any conceivable angle.
quade -

I wasn't suggesting it flies over Holland. Just that "decommissioned" isn't the last word.

But, of course.

The other thing is the Netherlands video looks nothing like an F-117 from any conceivable angle.

It's a UFO...what do you expect?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

By the first gulf war, it was already considered obsolete. it was great technology in the 70's and early 80's, but there's better ways to be stealthy.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

By the first gulf war, it was already considered obsolete. it was great technology in the 70's and early 80's, but there's better ways to be stealthy.

Yet variants of the U-2 continue to fly. Go fig.
quade -

They are not stealth aircraft. Their "stealth" is a product of altitude. We still use B52's, P3 Orions also. The F117 claim of fame was "stealth", which it's manner is stealth is generations past obsoletism. The RCS technology used on these aircraft are older than the technology used on the common Navy destroyer twenty years ago. Today, it's just a high maintenance, low payload bomber. Now UAV's. . .

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

They are not stealth aircraft. Their "stealth" is a product of altitude. We still use B52's, P3 Orions also. The F117 claim of fame was "stealth", which it's manner is stealth is generations past obsoletism. The RCS technology used on these aircraft are older than the technology used on the common Navy destroyer twenty years ago. Today, it's just a high maintenance, low payload bomber. Now UAV's. . .

Almost certainly. That said, there may be a reason to keep one or two around under the CIA for reasons people like you and me can't think of right at this moment.
quade -