format

Here I am, on a top of like a 350ft building

Here I am, on a top of like a 350ft building, which is like on fire or so. No way out but to jump.
There's a skydiving rig around, which I put on, in like 10 sec.

There is a friend around also. I have 10 seconds to jump or to jump with a whufoo friend.

What do YOU do?
What goes around, comes later.

Here I am, on a top of like a 350ft building, which is like on fire or so. No way out but to jump.

There is a friend around also. I have 10 seconds to jump or to jump with a whufoo friend.

What do YOU do?

Get my main out of the container and D-bag, shake it open. Hold the lines in one hand, swing and toss, then jump as far out as possible and pray. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Get my main out of the container and D-bag, shake it open. Hold the lines in one hand, swing and toss, then jump as far out as possible and pray. :P

no, no you're my friend and you're a whufoo. You don't know this direct bag shit
- should I leave you or kill us both?

What do YOU do?

I might deploy the reserve also to get more material out and have the "friend" hold on, or tie him on, or something.

With a running start, you might be able to force a bi-plane configuration and maybe have a softer landing and save both of you.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

What do YOU do?

Depends how hot the friend is and what she's prepared to do to be saved...

Of course this is Bonfire..
but
for example you are the guy with rig on
and you're willing to give me a try

What do you say to me: "put your hands in my leg straps and lock'em for your life"?
or not

Of course this is Bonfire..
but
for example you are the guy with rig on
and you're willing to give me a try

What do you say to me: "put your hands in my leg straps and lock'em for your life"?
or not

Ok serious answer this time. Give the whuffo the rig, POP the reserve. Hold the pilot chute for them and tell them to jump. I figure that has the highest probability of one person surviving.

If time is to short then I guess you'd have to leave them.

I have fun fantasies when flying commercially, picturing which passenger or crew member I'd save if we were going down. Including details like seat belt extensions to secure them. Of course they are small women (can't risk high wingloading you know). Invariably we land on a remote island and have a period of time before we're found. Time depends on how hot they are...

Hi Nigel

I was saying:
- 1 skydiving rig
- 1 whufoo (not hot)
- 1 skydiver

Since you are a skydiver - YOU put on the rig
and then what? Do you just jump or try to "save" another human? (and maybe killing yourself in a proccess)

..and if you do try, how would you try that?

350' building and a skydiving rig is not a great combo. I guess I would try a rollover with the reserve (Temop 120) then do my best to not die. I would give the main to my friend and tell him its better and that he should hold on tight to the seatbelts.

gotta tell you, I'd rather be 'that your friend' and grab the 'seatbelts' than prey

edit: pray

Ask the friend to stand near the edge while I grab the main.

As you approach said friend, kick him off the side of the building.

Throw main over the side after him.

Put on rig with reserve,

Pop reserve,

Pull slider down,

Tie off bridle or if unable to,

Drop opened reserve on roof and grab the front risers.

Run off the side of the roof while inflating reserve.

Note: You said we were at 350', There's no friends under 2,000' Remember that.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

how big and where is the fire ?is the fire all around the outside of the building? because i wouldnt want the canopy to start roasting half way down.

Me neither. So you and I, we'll stay up there and guard the canopy! :D

get reserve out, say to whuffo-friend "i'll miss you" and handheld it! :P

I like the idea of popping reserve, locking PC anywhere
than you hug me like hell (me you too) and act like a locked weight.
We go, slalom around the HUGE fire...
If we don't like the speed down - the gentleman (you) says "have a good one"
and, by dropping off, save my unselfish ass.

I already miss you
(I guess you'd drop off anyway but only this comes to my mind in the heat of a firing moment)

>Run off the side of the roof while inflating reserve.

Easier said than done. That's not easy even when you have a breeze and a 30 degree hill to run down.

Oopss... there I go assuming Oklahoma again. :)
We got enough wind all the time to use a canopy in the wind for teaching the FJC.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

>Oopss... there I go assuming Oklahoma again.

Even if you have the wind it's not easy. Thought experiment:

You are standing on the edge of a building. The wind is blowing at 20kts. The canopy is inflated and above your head and is trying its best to pull you backwards off the edge.

You jump up and forward. Which direction will you go?

============

After that experiment you get back on the edge, sit down on the edge then straighten your legs so you slide down over the edge. What direction will the canopy want to go?