BillyVance

Plane crash at Deland??? (Not a skydiving plane)

Just heard from a friend. Plane hit a Publix and shopping center. News are saying it is related to the Skydive Expo.... Anybody got anything?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-plane-crashes-into-publix-20120402,0,5969535.story

They said "small plane" and no mention of skydiving ops (yet?).

Edit:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/reports-plane-crashed-deland-shopping-center/nMHrS/
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah apparently the TV news are speculating right now. The truth is they don't know yet.

This happened just within the hour or so.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Unfortunately, multiple casualties are being reported. :(

Plane impacted through the roof of the Publix store. I imagine it will be a few hours or so before we find out more concrete details.

Uh oh.... word just got out it was a Skydive Deland plane... :(

That is what my friend is reporting from the local TV news.

It was confirmed it's a skydive Deland plane. Per the news break just now.

:( any idea who was on board??
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

on the latest update they said it was 2 men flying the plane,
that they were from out of town,
and the the type of aircraft was described as "experimental" by the pilot and co-pilot ... which does not sound like any of skydive deland's planes

sounds like media speculation...

They confirmed the pilot was airlifted to the hospital. 5 people injured (3 people in the store) twin engine experimental plane. Both pilot and co pilot were talking to their rescuers per the news.

Skydive Deland contacted them and said it is not one of their planes per the news clip.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

The news were really all over the place with their speculating. I could have done well to wait until the dust had settled.

Sorry everybody. :$

newest update still called it a skydive plane.. but in addition to calling it a "twin engine experimental" .. they said it was amphibious

See what I mean, they keep changing their story. :S Wait a while...

newest update still called it a skydive plane.. but in addition to calling it a "twin engine experimental" .. they said it was amphibious

See what I mean, they keep changing their story. :S Wait a while...

Ok, it's now in the Bonfire so I'll say it...

Who decided to put floats on the Skyvan???
:P

(Otters are certifed to accept floats so they wouldn't be considered experimental)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

We just came back from a party at Bill Booth's house for the Expo activities. It was NOT a Skydive Deland plane. The crash did happen at the airport where the dz is located and that Publix is right at the end of the runway.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Just heard from a friend. Plane hit a Publix and shopping center. News are saying it is related to the Skydive Expo.... Anybody got anything?

Liar...

LMAO.... okay, I READ a text message from a friend.... Happy now??? :P

We just came back from a party at Bill Booth's house for the Expo activities. It was NOT a Skydive Deland plane. The crash did happen at the airport where the dz is located and that Publix is right at the end of the runway.

Okay, Booth has an amphib aircraft, but his was a single engine the last time I saw it. So I take it that this is NOT Bill Booth and/or his airplane.

So I take it that this is NOT Bill Booth and/or his airplane.

Nope, but he sure did have a lot of people calling him at the party!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

So I take it that this is NOT Bill Booth and/or his airplane.

Nope, but he sure did have a lot of people calling him at the party!

That would have been one serious beer run! :S

Would have been a short run - just climb down off the roof into the store, and grab your "first crash landing on the roof of a building" beer.