skymama

Normiss owes beer!

After 9 years, he's had his first skydiving related incident. :o It just goes to show, it's not if you get hurt, but when. ;)

He was doing tandems today for the Wounded Warriors project, and took a rather large gentleman at 270 pounds (he used a military rig for all you canopy nazis out there). Upon landing, he tweaked his foot a little. He still did another tandem after that, but realized with the pain and swelling he was having that he probably had an issue brewing.

So, he broke his 5th metatarsal in his right foot. He has a splint on it now and is on crutches, but it's a clean break and I'm sure it will heal soon enough.

Being the wonderful girlfriend that I am, I bought him beer AND I'm letting him store it in the inside refrigerator. He's a lucky guy, huh? :):ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If he's on pain meds, he isn't supposed to be drinking beer. Some girlfriend you are

It kept him quiet and well-behaved. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

i raise a toast to a Real TM,,,, who stepped UP so that the tandem student would NOT be disappointed...and would not be left "ground bound"...[:/]

only that 'gentleman ' doesn't sound very "gentle " to me !!!!

as for the 5th metatarsal???? meh... he still has FOUR others !! B| right??? ( NINE actually ) :P;)

best get packed and back ON the manifest.... i.e. (as Normiss himself sometimes says) S I U C C :ph34r:

heal quick Normiss..... but not TOO quick that the GF stops waiting on you !!:DB|:P

jmy

Wow, Normiss, sorry to hear this, that's harsh...

... you're own SO dime-ing you out that you owe beer! :D

PS: I think if y'all read the fine print to the "Beer Rules", it doesn't count if someone else buys the beer for you and puts it in their trailer fridge and not the DZ fridge... just sayin' :P

This sucks!
I missed TWO awesome demo jumps this weekend!!!
Stoopid bones.

Thanks for the well wishes folks.
Being stuck on the couch isn't allllll bad.
>:(

Damn now I know why it seemed so roomy in the 182 :P
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!