airtwardo

Holey Moley ~ WTF?!

While we were in Spain for a month, it seems the neighbors treated their property for moles.

Saturday I finally got around to catching up in the yard and was shocked to discover over 100 mole mounds! :o

Lil' bastards have undermined the whole front & side yards...it's like walking on squishy tundra.

Scary part is, there are a dozen or so good size mounds right up next to the foundation. I'd hate to crack the slab because of these bugeatin' rodents hollowing out the supporting earth!

I've spent the last 3 days trackin' tunnels & placing 'Bye Bye Bait'...now the backyard is gonna be a challenge.

~it's a couple acres fenced...our pups playground so I can't use poison. I have another few acres of woods beyond the fence full of deer, bunnies, foxes now & then.

I 'was' gonna use some weird fake wolf piss spray back there that chases moles away...but found out a couple hours ago THAT's what the neighbor used all over his place which is why they ran over here...:S

...our yards touch, as do the woods behind both our houses. Now he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to anything beyond corporate law and wine tasting.

'WE' think his mole getter rid of guy sprayed his yard & woods AND my woods chasing EVERYBODY into my yard. >:(

I asked him for the guys number so I could find out what he did & where...neighbor offered to let me pay 1/3 of it if I find out that 'my' woods were treated too! B|

THIS is about to get UGLY! :ph34r:

Anybody wanna buy a 5000 sqft modern on 5 acres...comes with it's own subway system! >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Umm...I live in southern Texas, THAT's about all there IS here ~ grubs & insects! :ph34r:

If I could train the moles to eat the roaches, I'd over look with the diggin' and put 'em on the payroll! ;)

The last time I had a few of the mounds... I stuck a hose down the hole and let it run for a few hours.

I found a little body near one of the mounds the next morning...of one that barely managed to dig themselves out of the last mound in the line. No mounds since then.

What about one of the sonic mole devices? A civet cat is the best. Had one move into our neighborhood once and it ate everything smaller than it. Moles, mice, squirrels, chipmunks. They stink though. I wonder if you could get civet cat musk and out stink the neighbors stuff.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

Umm...I live in southern Texas, THAT's about all there IS here ~ grubs & insects! :ph34r:

If I could train the moles to eat the roaches, I'd over look with the diggin' and put 'em on the payroll! ;)

The last time I had a few of the mounds... I stuck a hose down the hole and let it run for a few hours.

I found a little body near one of the mounds the next morning...of one that barely managed to dig themselves out of the last mound in the line. No mounds since then.

I've done that for Gophers before at the other house, but here it would be like the old cartoon with 500 holes shooting water up in the air!

I talked to the neighborhood go-to guy down the street, knows everything about anything. . .told me Friday how to bait 'em - kill 'em & fill 'em.

"Otherwise everyone is just chasing them form one yard to another..."
gee ya think?:|

-he stopped here this morning and about fell over looking at all the mounds.

HE SAID, better check with your neighbors - "somebody has moved them here 'chemically' within the last few weeks, can't grow a community this mature this fast"
...i guess all the relatives helped with the move, and then decided to stay too:(

Pour bleach in the tunnels. It works pretty good.

I loaded up all the tunnels up front and on the side with the recommended pellets-o-poison, I may try the bleach in the back...waitin on the neighbors exterminator to show up, supposed to be here two hrs ago, called him back ten mins ago, asking for his state license number and a list of chemicals used.

'ERRRR...AHHH...UMMM....' ~He'll be here in ten! :ph34r:

I keep thinking about that scene in Caddyshack where Bill Murray has his battles with the groundhog. :D

I've got one area riddled with chipmunk holes though, but far enough away from the house that I don't care.

My folks have their own 18 hole golf course in their backyard. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

We used to pour some gas and used motor oil down mole and groundhog holes and then light them up. That would get them moving from the front to the back where they could be trapped or just shot if they were too big of a pain. Not the most ecological or humane but it would take care of the issue in the matter of a few hours B|B|

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

We used to pour some gas and used motor oil down mole and groundhog holes and then light them up. That would get them moving from the front to the back where they could be trapped or just shot if they were too big of a pain. Not the most ecological or humane but it would take care of the issue in the matter of a few hours B|B|

Yeah, plus its a lot more fun. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah whatcher wanna do is (Here, Skeeter, hold my beer) ok so you just need a small caliber handgun, and you just shoot the little buggers whenever you see them! Then when the neighbor complains about the random gunfire coming from your property, complain about the moles coming from his property!

Or, you know, get a cat or two. Mom and Dad feed a stray who is entirely happy to just hang out in the yard killing moles and rabbits.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I recommend C-4, molded into the shapes of little animals, with blasting caps inserted in the rectum.:|

I only have detcord or cannon fuse....:|

Holy post-shrinkage, Batman!!!:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I recommend C-4, molded into the shapes of little animals, with blasting caps inserted in the rectum.:|

I only have detcord or cannon fuse....:|

Holy post-shrinkage, Batman!!!:o

Evidence trail...;)

I'm still recommending the blasting cap inserted in the rectum

Sounds fun.... but how does that kill the moles?

I was replying to Twardo's long, entertaining post which he deleted.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Sometimes a long entertaining post is just like a mole...bite ya in the ass when yer not lookin' :$;)

Sometimes a long entertaining post is just like a mole...bite ya in the ass when yer not lookin' :$;)

BTW I did go googling for recipes for mole, but all I kept finding was stuff about Hispanic sauces.[:/]

BTW I did go googling for recipes for mole, but all I kept finding was stuff about Hispanic sauces.[:/]

Those tend to use a lotta 'HOT pepper', that culture seems to think it'll make tough old meat easier to work with...in some instances it doesn't & can make for a pretty sore butt little bit later. :):ph34r: