oldwomanc6

Sandy

I'm in Boston and my neighbors brand new shingles are all over my yard.:| This poor woman can't catch a break. The roofers didn't do a hurricane nailing pattern. I can tell cause of the shingle on my front porch here.

Other than that not much carnage here yet. I'm about 5 miles from the ocean on a hill so I get the brunt of the wind. hope it stays like this,

Looks like a 4 story apartment building has collapsed in Manhattan.

and a Crane atop a 66 floor building is looking like collapsing completely
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Looks like a 4 story apartment building has collapsed in Manhattan.

and a Crane atop a 66 floor building is looking like collapsing completely

The angle of the dangle isn't looking good[:/]

The video on CNN shows the hanging boom twisting in the wind. I suspect thats going to be the part to go.

R.

Power is still out at Dad's place in Reading, Pa. Numerous trees, tree limbs and a couple of power poles down in the neighborhood. Dad and I grabbed a hotel room nearby that has power & heat rather than shiver in the dark. Dad's house is okay, but neighbor's house lost part of its roof. Glad that I happened to be in town visiting, otherwise Dad would have just stayed in the house through the night without power and heat.

I just gotta say I don't know how anyone who has ever had to worry about a loved on who is essentially cut off from you due to no power, travel restrictions/bans, utter devastation of property. etc. can handle it.

I am about to lose my friggin' mind. [:/]

Yesterday afternoon I got a text that he was ok, had a very scary night with lots of clean up ahead. But that was it. Granted, my cell phone has gone tits up but I have an online text thing through Verizon and I'm not getting answered and his cell goes right to voicemail.

I know there's more important things going on than keeping in touch with me but the stress of not being able to help in any way I can, not being in touch, not hearing someone's voice and knowing they're coping ok... that fucking BLOWS.

BTW, for any of you who caught President Obama's news conference from NJ this afternoon and saw the boats and devastation in the background, he's a block from there. :|

Always be kinder than you feel.

Hi Lucky

Not sure if this is the right thread about the Fake Tweets a confused dude was sending out during Sandy.

We heard CNN repeating some of his misinformation, and then corrected themselves 1/2 hr later.

http://mashable.com/2012/10/30/sandy-fake-news-apology/

I don't understand the interweb but "Twit tweets BS":S

Hope you bud is OK.;)

R.

I just gotta say I don't know how anyone who has ever had to worry about a loved on who is essentially cut off from you due to no power, travel restrictions/bans, utter devastation of property. etc. can handle it.

Hey Lucky ~ AS someone that was cut off like that for 10 days, I can assure you he's most likely stressing too.

Sometimes you just can't get through and it becomes more & more frustrating/stressful the more you try...you got word he's OK, you'll have to go on that until you hear more.

I'm sure he has a lot on his plate right now and it can get overwhelming. Personally I just put the phone etc. away after two days of trying and just focused on putting the house back together.

I know it's rough but hang in there...wife & I had quite a laugh following things returning to 'normal' after Ike hit down here ~ literally hundreds of texts from the week prior finally came pouring through.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi Lucky

Not sure if this is the right thread about the Fake Tweets a confused dude was sending out during Sandy.

We heard CNN repeating some of his misinformation, and then corrected themselves 1/2 hr later.

http://mashable.com/2012/10/30/sandy-fake-news-apology/

I don't understand the interweb but "Twit tweets BS":S

Hope you bud is OK.;)

R.

To tell you the truth that's the first I've heard about it. Thanks for the link. That dude is a DICK. :(

Hey Lucky ~ AS someone that was cut off like that for 10 days, I can assure you he's most likely stressing too.

Sometimes you just can't get through and it becomes more & more frustrating/stressful the more you try...you got word he's OK, you'll have to go on that until you hear more.

I'm sure he has a lot on his plate right now and it can get overwhelming. Personally I just put the phone etc. away after two days of trying and just focused on putting the house back together.

I know it's rough but hang in there...wife & I had quite a laugh following things returning to 'normal' after Ike hit down here ~ literally hundreds of texts from the week prior finally came pouring through.

10 days? Holy crap. :o

What you said was just what happened. Focus on clean up... which was described as "war zone".

Oh hey... heard there's another lovely shore storm coming next week. :S