Watch this landing

I picked up a clue from one of the comments below that video; Search YouTube for "Joe Horta". Apparently, he is a Polish pilot who flies a Do 28 (when dropping jumpers).
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Yeah, I saw that. It looks like he's got lots of experience. That landing was probably not done in the US.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Lokks kind of dangerous

Maybe. It does appear to be a DO 28, and according to Wiki it has a stall speed of 38 knots. So he can come in over those trees at 60 or 70 knots, and be weel above stall speed but not crazy fast for being the pattern. He stays high until he get's close to the field, and then carries enough speed to clear the trees and get the plane on the ground.

Even if he loses an engine over the trees, he's not running any power, so he's not going to have any roll or yaw problems like you would see in a twin that loses an engine on take off (with full power).

There are safer ways to land, but given the aircraft and the technique he uses, this isn't as bad as it looks. I have seen much worse in much less appropriate aircraft.

Yeah, I saw that. It looks like he's got lots of experience. That landing was probably not done in the US.

That type of descent is actually done at a lot of DZ's in the US. Ezpecially at boogies.

My boss got to fly right seat as a pax in a westwind at a well known boogie and had a grin from ear to ear for a week.B|
One Jump Wonder