ianmdrennan

Ironman 3

of course it has CGI, you have a flying suit of armor available for live shots?
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

Mine is red... yours???

I got the blue one...but it was an accident.

I thought I was checking the box for 'Blue-tooth' activation of after-burners...got the 'Blue-suit' box instead.

Time for new glasses! :|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

neon yellow, but only gets used in the privacy of my own home and only on sundays.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

It has lots of CGI.... the usual demographic will love it

If a movie has no CGI in it, why watch it in a theater?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Is that a serious question?

You're probably in your early 20s, and have not seen LARGE screen cinema, not the multiplex sized ones, but a proper FULL sized cinema. Some movies are best viewed on the BIG screen. "Out of Africa", and "The Power of One" come straight to mind. Granted I have not seen many movies of late that require large screen viewing, consequently i rarely go to the cinema anymore. All the pulp crap that is produced now works just fine on my 60" plasma.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Mine is red... yours???

You painted your broom red?

>:(

Yes and I put a nice BIG attachment on the front of it in case I run into any ANAL retentive types.

:ph34r::ph34r:

Is that a serious question?

You're probably in your early 20s, and have not seen LARGE screen cinema, not the multiplex sized ones, but a proper FULL sized cinema. Some movies are best viewed on the BIG screen. "Out of Africa", and "The Power of One" come straight to mind. Granted I have not seen many movies of late that require large screen viewing, consequently i rarely go to the cinema anymore. All the pulp crap that is produced now works just fine on my 60" plasma.

We have this wee little place here in Seattle.. Paul Allen restored the place back a few years ago and has continued to upgrade the theatre ...just AMAZING..

The first movie I ever saw there was the original Apocalypse Now back in the late 70's.. in 70 MM. NO DIGITAL movie has yet to equal that film format.

The first movie I ever saw there was the original Apocalypse Now back in the late 70's.. in 70 MM. NO DIGITAL movie has yet to equal that film format.

That movie was awesome!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My buddy and I saw it once in a commercial theater, then again when the local college ran it. It was always *great* to watch the audience reactions when the tiger jumped out of the jungle!:o:D>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That movie was awesome!

You should see it in this theater... you would get to FEEL that sucker.... and nothing rivals 70 MM..

So far the best digital I have seen there was Avatar... in 3 D... it was better at Cinerama than it was even at the local IMAX.

My buddy and I saw it once in a commercial theater, then again when the local college ran it. It was always *great* to watch the audience reactions when the tiger jumped out of the jungle!:o:D>:(

"Never Get out of the fucking boat man.... Never Get out of the boat "

Classic:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

"Never Get out of the fucking boat man.... Never Get out of the boat "

Classic:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Hell yeah! :D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You should see it in this theater... you would get to FEEL that sucker.... and nothing rivals 70 MM..

You also have a bunch of Kodachrome next to some 4x5 sheets in your freezer just in case?

;)

Ok, I picked on you enough tonight.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You also have a bunch of Kodachrome next to some 4x5 sheets in your freezer just in case?

;)

Bite me Officer Tacklberry :ph34r::ph34r:

;)

Bite me Officer Tacklberry :ph34r::ph34r:

"what's wrong with him?"
"well, there was gunplay, and he missed it"

:D

You also have a bunch of Kodachrome...

Wouldn't matter if he did, nobody can process it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You also have a bunch of Kodachrome...

Wouldn't matter if he did, nobody can process it.
I can, and IlfachromeB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Thought the first one was masterful. Liked the second one, but it had the typical 2nd film slump. Not as many fresh takes on things the second time around. Looking forward to the third. I will try to see it on the big screen.

There have been plenty of films lately that I prefer to see the first time on the big screen. 'Avatar' set a record for me. I actually saw it three times in the theater. The Ironman series, Avengers and such work well on the big screen. The reboot of Star Trek worked great when you could hear and feel the engines, rockets, and such all around you. I can watch dramatic films on my TV. The content is the point. But when you are dealing with epic proportions, enormous vehicles, and such...it just helps for them to be bigger, doesn't it?

Films about people and life work well in my livingroom at life size. larger than life films deserve a larger than life venue...at least the first time.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.