ntrprnr

Motivation...

Motivation is plunking down a $700 entry fee and knowing there are no refunds. I've got one year to train.

Any friends in Louisville next August?

Edited to add: "Ironman Louisville."

ntrprnr

Motivation is plunking down a $700 entry fee and knowing there are no refunds. I've got one year to train.

Any friends in Louisville next August?

Iron Man?

Are you building your own suit, or ordering one from Stark Industries?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

A friend of mine just finished his 1st full in Louisville. ~15 hrs, he had a flat and then lost his rear derailleur so only had two gears. It was cool that we could follow him online watching the live splits throughout the day; it really drove home how much work it is to do it.

Good luck!
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

My bf has done a couple of Iron Men. I love seeing the pictures of him running at the end because he looks like he's about to DIE!!! :ph34r: I would like to do one but I think the swimming just might kill me...

Good luck - it's a hell of a challenge and just attempting it is pretty cool in my books B|

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

I love seeing the pictures of him running at the end because he looks like he's about to DIE!!! :ph34r:

We thought you liked your BF.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Uhmm... I'll pass! I just got up to International distance for my last two races (am out of the sport for a couple of years while abroad).

However, I did get back to doing half marathons. Just ran Rock & Roll Dublin half, and plan to do it again next August. Will also add Edinburgh in June, and possibly Liverpool in May. B|

Good on ya for getting back to it, and best of luck!

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

ntrprnr

I've only done one. My goal is to do this one 45 pounds lighter than the last one.

Have you already lost the weight, or is that part of this next years training plan?

Anyone who gets round an iron man deserves a medal the size of a frying pan.

I used to think that. Until I met people here in Colorado that do 100-mile off-road footraces. :o They usually last more than a day. B|
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Remster

***Got 40 more to go. In a year of training? Easiest thing in the world.

All I'm saying is that El Tour of Tucson is 111 miles... Pretty much what the bike leg of a IM is... ;) Nov 23

If it was closer, and I didn't have to ship my bike, and I didn't like my taint not hurting, and....I might join you.

ntrprnr

Got 40 more to go. In a year of training? Easiest thing in the world.

Good luck!
It took me 6 months to lose 15 pounds (half the rate I was shooting for). Then it was a struggle against my appetite for the next 18 months to *keep* it off. It seemed that after point it became much easier to keep at the new weight.

wildcard451

******Got 40 more to go. In a year of training? Easiest thing in the world.

All I'm saying is that El Tour of Tucson is 111 miles... Pretty much what the bike leg of a IM is... ;) Nov 23

If it was closer, and I didn't have to ship my bike, and I didn't like my taint not hurting, and....I might join you.

Considering Skreamer is coming, your excuse is weak. http://qkme.me/3vm53x
Remster

ryoder

***I love seeing the pictures of him running at the end because he looks like he's about to DIE!!! :ph34r:

We thought you liked your BF.[:/]

I do, but the pictures are still hillarious :ph34r: Plus, he's got a wash-board stomach now, but in those pictures he is even MORE buff... YUM! >:(
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

riddler

Anyone who gets round an iron man deserves a medal the size of a frying pan.

I used to think that. Until I met people here in Colorado that do 100-mile off-road footraces. :o They usually last more than a day. B|

Here where I live every year there is an UltraTrail which is a 170km race through the mountains with around 12000 meters of accumulated altitude. They do it in 30-35 hours nonstop. From my point of view they are fucking superheroes.

An Ironman Triathlon is about the hardest thing to do.

I've done a couple of marathons, the last one in 3:29:12 at age 23. Both were the hardest things I've ever done physically. I only did one triathlon before my running days ended, but that was a baby. Only a 5K run, a 10K bike ride, and a 400 meter swim in a pool.

But hey... if you dare... and if Huntsville, AL still has it (I did volunteer work for it 25 years ago), come on down and do a DOUBLE IRONMAN TRIATHLON!! Double the distances! It'll take you at least 36 hours. If you finish, that is...

:ph34r:

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban