Conspiracy

Skydiving <3

So my parents and closest friends (all of which have not made a single jump yet) think i'm rather foolish for spending all my money on skydiving...I'm a full time college student and work my ass off as a Roof Solar Panel Installer, age 20. The truth is...Iv never found something more worth my money...in fact, when people ask me to explain it, i'm usually just speechless stuttering for words...
I'm hooked, and at this rate, ill have my A-License before I have my first car ;D Which is totally cool because Skydive Elsinore is just a 45 minute bus ride away!!

Conspiracy

So my parents and closest friends (all of which have not made a single jump yet) think i'm rather foolish for spending all my money on skydiving...I'm a full time college student and work my ass off as a Roof Solar Panel Installer, age 20. The truth is...Iv never found something more worth my money...in fact, when people ask me to explain it, i'm usually just speechless stuttering for words...
I'm hooked, and at this rate, ill have my A-License before I have my first car ;D Which is totally cool because Skydive Elsinore is just a 45 minute bus ride away!!

Fortunately you can stop having contact with your closest friends!

JoeyH

Next step is to drop out of college and move to a dz permanently. Pack/odd jobs for enough money to eat and jump. (Sometimes not even eat much)..... This is what we call "Cutting Away" :$:P:$

Is it a bad thing that iv already thought of this?...been getting bored in school ever since my AFF started, all i think about is being in the sky or my next jump day...hell, even installing a panel on the roof...all i'm doing is looking up at the sky...

Conspiracy

***Next step is to drop out of college and move to a dz permanently. Pack/odd jobs for enough money to eat and jump. (Sometimes not even eat much)..... This is what we call "Cutting Away" :$:P:$

Is it a bad thing that iv already thought of this?...been getting bored in school ever since my AFF started, all i think about is being in the sky or my next jump day...hell, even installing a panel on the roof...all i'm doing is looking up at the sky...

Well, you wouldn't be the first one. You wouldn't even be the first one who didn't regret it.

Those who have not done it, can not envision it.

I does create a gulf, ofttimes.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Conspiracy

haha, many of them already feel iv forsaken them for it, i don't go out nearly as much because i'm saving for more jumps XD

That will happen. I haven't seen my non skydiving friends in months. I haven't been to a bar, or a club, or whatever else in god knows how long. All I've done this summer is spend it at the DZ. Jumping or not, weather hold or not, that's all I've done. Zero regrets.

Conspiracy

***Next step is to drop out of college and move to a dz permanently. Pack/odd jobs for enough money to eat and jump. (Sometimes not even eat much)..... This is what we call "Cutting Away" :$:P:$

Nah, not a bad thing. We have all thought about it. Some of us have done it. I am still thinking about it :P I'm only 17 and still live y home so I have a year or so to think still. The key is finding a job at a dz that will allow you to live the way you want. Maybe wait till you have your C so you can fly video? That's what I think ill do.
Carpe Diem, even if it kills me

I'm going to sound just like a parent (which I am), but I'll suggest that you can cut away after finishing college just as easily as before. And having jumps and skills makes you eminently more employable at the DZ.

Been there, done that, got no regrets.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I'm going to sound just like a parent (which I am), but I'll suggest that you can cut away after finishing college just as easily as before. And having jumps and skills makes you eminently more employable at the DZ.

Wendy P.

Very, very true. Like I said. Wait untill you have atleast a C license. Maybe even your D so you can get all of your ratings and have more opportunity for a job.

JoeyH

***I'm going to sound just like a parent (which I am), but I'll suggest that you can cut away after finishing college just as easily as before. And having jumps and skills makes you eminently more employable at the DZ.

Wendy P.

Very, very true. Like I said. Wait untill you have atleast a C license. Maybe even your D so you can get all of your ratings and have more opportunity for a job.

I'll say this, being able to make money and jump as a hobby is better than having to depend on your hobby to make money. I know people can do it, but having a "plan B" and some skills is also nice

Realize your non-skydiving friends wont get it, but its not for them to "get", its for you to escape the grind.

NOTHING feels better to me than leaving work and knowing the next day I'll be jumping.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

You should probably wake up a little earlier to get on some of those load. Especially if your profile is up to date and you only have 11 jumps in 7 years :)

The best way to ruin a hobby is to try to make a living doing it. Just my humble opinion and experience as a Scuba Instructor.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

When I lived on dz's with dad as a kid, I wasn't old enough to jump regularly. I have 7 jumps in 11 years because I made my first jump at age 6, second tandem at 10 and 5 levels of "AFF" (obviously didn't count lol)when I was 12. I'm now 17 and about to go knock AFF out and get my A license as soon as I turn 18. (January)

....my 2 cents, wait til you graduate to start jumping...

I started at 19, going to the DZ every weekend to jump, and skipping night time college activities so I could get up and head to the DZ and pack tandems all day...

I loved it for a while. I would make 5-6 jumps a weekend and would make enough money to pay for my jumps and walk away with some cash. Then I started realizing what I was missing. I gave up college parties and spending time with friends to hang out with people I would only see on the weekends and were 10+ years older than me. I loved my sky family, but felt I wasn't being a college kid.

College is a great time. So is skydiving. Point is, you won't be in college forever, but can skydive any time after that.

Conspiracy

Have you considered moving to a company that only installs solar panels on buildings that are more than 25 stories???

:)

Just sayin:ph34r:

Amazon

******Next step is to drop out of college and move to a dz permanently. Pack/odd jobs for enough money to eat and jump. (Sometimes not even eat much)..... This is what we call "Cutting Away" :$:P:$

Nah, don't get him into base yet :D[shocke2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evod]

Have you considered moving to a company that only installs solar panels on buildings that are more than 25 stories???

:)

Just sayin:ph34r:
Nah, lets not get him into base yet.:P

JohnnyMarko

....my 2 cents, wait til you graduate to start jumping...

I started at 19, going to the DZ every weekend to jump, and skipping night time college activities so I could get up and head to the DZ and pack tandems all day...

I loved it for a while. I would make 5-6 jumps a weekend and would make enough money to pay for my jumps and walk away with some cash. Then I started realizing what I was missing. I gave up college parties and spending time with friends to hang out with people I would only see on the weekends and were 10+ years older than me. I loved my sky family, but felt I wasn't being a college kid.

College is a great time. So is skydiving. Point is, you won't be in college forever, but can skydive any time after that.

I am part of a RAVE family that i go out with every 2-3 weeks...but it used to be every weekend ;) ...they know whats up now, especially since its all i talk about around them. Hell, im taking two of them my next jump day, 2 free jumps for me ;)

...And BASE is next year...Bridge Day 2014 :D
Should have 100 skydives by then.

Conspiracy

***....my 2 cents, wait til you graduate to start jumping...

I am part of a RAVE family that i go out with every 2-3 weeks...but it used to be every weekend ;) ...they know whats up now, especially since its all i talk about around them. Hell, im taking two of them my next jump day, 2 free jumps for me ;)

Not telling you what to do and what not to, but i would wait to start BASE. :S Even at 100 jumps, you will still be relatively inexperienced. Hold off.

Conspiracy

***....my 2 cents, wait til you graduate to start jumping...

Don't forget your wingsuit and GoPro, please

JohnnyMarko

******....my 2 cents, wait til you graduate to start jumping...

Don't forget your wingsuit and GoPro, please

Phahaha! ;) just ordered my Vampire5! On a serious note...Ill take the advice and wait till i have my D for BASE.