GogglesnTeeth

Hate Halloween??? Tired of Greedy teenagers???

oldwomanc6

Pure licorice--That's the ticket. >:(

I have never been able to fathom why anyone thinks that crap is edible.:S>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

promise5

Where's the "hey it's all in fun" option? It's only once a year and I don't care if teens come through I really don't,I mean big kids like candy too.

Me too. The little kids are adorable (I used to have 4 children to walk around door to door) and the big kids, well, they're having fun too and they'll be all grown up soon enough, so enjoy. B|

I like to walk around with the kids and see how everyone did their pumpkins and what decorations they put up. This year we're moving so no decorations, just a small jack o'lantern, but we've have a couple of dozen trick or treaters so far, all polite and said "thank you." :)

My youngest brother is being the scarecrow on the porch this year. My family does this almost every year. One of my brothers dresses as a scarecrow then sits on the front deck, my mom decorates around him and then puts a big bowl of candy in his lap. They wait till the kids reach for the candy before they move. It's corny but still funny that so many jump. Well, they don't do it to the little kids but everyone else is fair game.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

I got scared senseless when I heard a loud knock on my door last night... Firstly, Halloween is not big in France and secondly, there must be a grand total of 2 kids who live in this village... The two kids who knocked at my door!!! I had nothing to give them except some really crap lemon sweets I haven't eaten because someone gave them to me and I hate them. The only other thing I could have given them was beer or ketchup, but that just seemed wrong!!!

They were so cute in their little costumes and absolutely delighted with the candy - I felt really bad [:/]

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

We had a great time handing out candy last night. I had to fuss at Normiss for giving away too much to each kid, we started to run out! The teenagers without costumes got leftover candy from a July 4th pinata instead of chocolate. I'm sure they were thrilled with those Tootsie Rolls and Dots. :ph34r:

We have some poor neighborhoods nearby. A lot of kids got dropped off on our street to trick or treat and some didn't have costumes. I consider their circumstances and hand out the candy anyway, I like to brighten people's days. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

promise5

My youngest brother is being the scarecrow on the porch this year. My family does this almost every year. One of my brothers dresses as a scarecrow then sits on the front deck, my mom decorates around him and then puts a big bowl of candy in his lap. They wait till the kids reach for the candy before they move. It's corny but still funny that so many jump. Well, they don't do it to the little kids but everyone else is fair game.

Some friends of mine have done that. The husband sits on the porch in costume while the wife opens the door and hands out candy. The husband doesn't move until the kids are about to leave (and, no he doesn't do it to the little ones).

The best part is when the more observant kids ask "Is he real?"
The wife will answer "No, he's just a dummy."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

We were mobbed as expected.
Between 5:30pm and 8pm, we gave out over 4 large bags of candy.... probably over a 1000 pieces easy.
I turned away a few high school aged kids for no costume and a few for visiting more than once.
I scared a few for dressing as a demon or grim reaper and standing like a statue as the walked up the driveway.

Egg checking with proceed as schedule tonight after work.
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

LuckyMcSwervy

Your house looks great!!!

My wife did 98% of that. She loves Halloween and took the day off to decorate and to take our kids out. My biggest helper of the night was my 6 year old. After she got done trick or treating, she helped me hand out candy in the driveway. Very proud of her for that.

I dressed up as a demon to give me a way to enjoy the candy dispensing duties.
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

promise5

Wow !! And you hate Halloween ???
I just put a pumpkin out. :P

I just turned the porch light on.

Like moths to a flame.:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

LuckyMcSwervy

***Wow !! And you hate Halloween ???

Here's how I decorate for fall. Pretty much just the front porch. I don't single out Halloween. Please pardon the ski delivery... the pic is a a couple of years old.

I was thinking I delivered what??

:D:D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

******Wow !! And you hate Halloween ???

Here's how I decorate for fall. Pretty much just the front porch. I don't single out Halloween. Please pardon the ski delivery... the pic is a a couple of years old.

I was thinking I delivered what??

:D:D:D:D

Haha! Never thought of that. Thanks for not stealing the check for the landscaper taped to the sidelight. :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

***Wow !! And you hate Halloween ???

Looks more like a hunting rifle delivery.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.