promise5

Christmas cookies

What's your favorite Christmas cookie? If you don't celebrate Christmas then what's your favorite cookie. Post the recipe if you have it. :)
I LOVE a cream cheese cookie with vodka soaked cherries. One of the best parts of Christmas.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

I love all Christmas cookies. My favorite one is the one that is in my mouth! As a result, I don't do any holiday baking because I have no willpower against the evil, fresh-baked cookie.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

I love all Christmas cookies. My favorite one is the one that is in my mouth! As a result, I don't do any holiday baking because I have no willpower against the evil, fresh-baked cookie.

This. I try to get through the holiday season by at least not bringing treats (or too many) into my home. Though Trader Joe's (where I do most of my grocery shopping) makes it really tough with the gauntlet of holiday goodies they have set up as you wind through the line to the cash register. Evil, I tell you, evil.

But if I am baking, the traditional Toll House cookie recipe, made with real butter (of course), with half chocolate chips and half butterscotch chips. Doesn't need to be Christmas for me to enjoy that. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I can easily turn down cakes, pies, pastries and ice cream, but there's something about those damn cookies that make me want to stuff my face!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm with the ones who vote "yes." Either that, or "my grandmother's" :D

This year I'm lucky enough to be making cookies for an event this weekend, so I have an excuse. I might have to have a Christmas party so that I have another excuse (and I can send them home with people).

I make good cookies; I love having an excuse, because if I make them without a known destination, I can also demolish them :ph34r:.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I enjoy baking them too. I make up platters of all the different kinds of cookies I make and hand them out. Family tradition: take a platter of cookies to the closest Fire Dept. and Police Station and Post office. Then there's neighbors and the landlord if you have one, the Office or place of work. Of course you need to dress up the platter to make it look festive.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

I'm not going to bake cookies but I've decided to bake dog biscuits for a friend's golden retriever for Christmas. Last week I saw Giadda make these and it seems easy. I bought a dogbone shaped cookie cutter today. I'm using home made chicken broth without onions, garlic or salt because I've read it can hurt a dog.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/peanut-butter-dog-bone-treats-recipe/index.html
Always be kinder than you feel.

mrubin

***What's your favorite cookie?

Chocolate chip. Or snickerdoodles. Or peanutbutter.

Pretty much whatever is around.

Interesting -- two of the three of these are specialties of mine. And a few years ago, one of my deployed friends requested snickerdoodles for one of his coworkers, so I came up with a variation on a sugar cookie recipe to fulfill the request. He said the result was well received. :)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Am I the only one who thinks licking the spoon / bowl is the best part? Type of cookie is second as a priority.

Give me the cokie dough and nobody gets hurt.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Thanks for the dog biscuit recipe! Turkey has a huge feral dog population. One particularly friendly pack lives arond the lake where I cycle/run. One of them has learned that a nice lady drives a certain Jeep, and she is usually waiting for me when I get back from my run. I'd like to have some treats for her and her friends (definitely something I can toss individually to the dogs, to avoid the mob and fight over getting closest to the food!).

Shut Up & Jump!

davjohns

Am I the only one who thinks licking the spoon / bowl is the best part? Type of cookie is second as a priority.

Give me the cokie dough and nobody gets hurt.

I'll start my baking next week. Feel free to come on down to Ankara to "help" with the clean-up! ;)

Shut Up & Jump!

StoppieJoe

Good old Oreos and a cappuccino. I don't care what season it is. B|

Blasphemer!!!

Oreos without milk is a violation of God's will! It's in the damn jingle, for goodness sake!

"Ice cold milk and an Oreo cookie. They forever go together, what a classic combination."

Repent before you are sent to Hell. (Place of no Oreos)

Hope nobody is offended. I just REALLY like Oreos. :D

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

***Good old Oreos and a cappuccino. I don't care what season it is. B|

Blasphemer!!!

Oreos without milk is a violation of God's will! It's in the damn jingle, for goodness sake!

"Ice cold milk and an Oreo cookie. They forever go together, what a classic combination."

+1,000

ifall

******Good old Oreos and a cappuccino. I don't care what season it is. B|

Blasphemer!!!

+1,000

+ 1,0001 But I'm a Double Stuffers girl with skim milk. B|

LuckyMcSwervy

*********Good old Oreos and a cappuccino. I don't care what season it is. B|

Blasphemer!!!

+1,000

+ 1,0001 But I'm a Double Stuffers girl with skim milk. B|

Good lord, I want to make a sexual joke out of that...

TriGirl

Thanks for the dog biscuit recipe! Turkey has a huge feral dog population. One particularly friendly pack lives arond the lake where I cycle/run. One of them has learned that a nice lady drives a certain Jeep, and she is usually waiting for me when I get back from my run. I'd like to have some treats for her and her friends (definitely something I can toss individually to the dogs, to avoid the mob and fight over getting closest to the food!).

You're welcome! You're a sweetie to do that for the ferals!! Today I'm going to be a geek and smear peanut butter on pine cones (with a christmas tree hook attached) and then roll them in bird seed. I'll hang them on some bushes in my back yard. Merry Christmas to my back yard friends. My groundhogs are hibernating or I'd hook them up with some treats, too. :ph34r: