Roxxx

HELP! If Rigger Keeps Skydiver Gear?...

BigMikeH77

Seriously... Talk to Joe - He's offering to help, which is what you want. Dont keep asking what to do, call the man.:S

+1

Having a rigging professional as a mediator is advantageous. No one wants to be embarrassed in front of their colleagues.

I'm glad he posted. :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

***Seriously... Talk to Joe - He's offering to help, which is what you want. Dont keep asking what to do, call the man.:S

+1

Having a rigging professional as a mediator is advantageous. No one wants to be embarrassed in front of their colleagues.

I'm glad he posted. :)
+1
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

The Dropzone was when I was traveling and was not my home dz, not Joe's dz! :$
God, it was in ** and the rigger is an independent! I hope he is just being a lazy bastard about this shit.
The Main is an all white canopy with rainbow colored cells. Is it possible that he is renting the shit out? If so, it will be at the Ranch in NY.

Joe, sorry for the confusion. Your DZ rocks!!!
It happened at a dz I traveled to, to get my currency back after divorcing Mo.
I'd call ya now, but I have too many different numbers for you to try right now.
How should I handle this?
If I can't jump, he shouldn't get to jump. :o
-Tammie 'Rox'

Roxxx

The Dropzone was when I was traveling and was not my home dz, not Joe's dz! :$
God, it was in ** and the rigger is an independent! I hope he is just being a lazy bastard about this shit.
The Main is an all white canopy with rainbow colored cells. Is it possible that he is renting the shit out? If so, it will be at the Ranch in NY.

Go to the Ranch's Facebook page and post your questions, pictures of your container and canopy there. Post it everywhere you think it could be.

Did you check the Classifieds here? If you want your gear back that bad you'll leave no stone unturned in putting the word out.

Skydivers are a pretty tight group. If someone has seen your gear they'll tell you, even if it's to stick it up your rigger's ass because they may think he's a dick.

rwieder

That remark was "Tongue in cheek" But if your down for it let's get er' done!! "ROAD TRIP" (Animal House) Let's go!! We could rough him up some and talk bad about his sister!

Best-
Richard

You know I like to do things old school.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You know I like to do things old school.

Your my kind of girl! J/K Don't get mad. ROAD TRIP!! Wonder how much ROXXC would pay us? We could rent a "Blues Mobile" don black suits, wear great big Ray Bans, we'd look very intimidating! Oh golly, look at the fun we'd have. Oh we'd have to get it on video, or it didn't happen...Right? B| We could even lie and say "We're on a mission from God!" (Dan Ackroyd!) Oh, love your sig line baby! :ph34r::D:S;)

Best-
Richard

Gosh!!! Maybe you could call someone! No, wait, you're right. With "1" and the area code that's eleven numbers. You're right, way too many.[:/]

I know, maybe you could email somebody! No, wait, probably too many letters. Forget that.[:/]

Well maybe you could write a letter. No, no, then you'd need a stamp.[:/]

I guess you'll just have to go on Dropzone. Tell everyone what happened! (Be sure not to give any useful details.) When they give you advice, ignore them! That's it!:)

"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Croc

Gosh!!! Maybe you could call someone! No, wait, you're right. With "1" and the area code that's eleven numbers. You're right, way too many.[:/]

I know, maybe you could email somebody! No, wait, probably too many letters. Forget that.[:/]

Well maybe you could write a letter. No, no, then you'd need a stamp.[:/]

LMAO - and then when you get the advice, don't follow it and argue about the solutions - not an effective problem solving technique

I guess you'll just have to go on Dropzone. Tell everyone what happened! (Be sure not to give any useful details.) When they give you advice, ignore them! That's it!:)

Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Roxxx

Joe, sorry for the confusion. Your DZ rocks!!!
It happened at a dz I traveled to, to get my currency back after divorcing Mo.
I'd call ya now, but I have too many different numbers for you to try right now.
How should I handle this?
If I can't jump, he shouldn't get to jump. :o
-Tammie 'Rox'

So help has been offered but "It's too complicated."

My suggestion:
Send a text, an e-mail and leave a voice message that you are going to out him publicly if he doesn't respond.

Then do it.

If people are contacting "your DZ" (the one listed in your profile) then there are folks willing to help.

It's your choice to accept that help or not.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Maybe the rigger is confused. I'm confused, but I'll throw in my 2 cents.
1. Get some reliable contact info for yourself.
an address where you can receive mail/packages
a phone number where you can receive messages/return calls
2. Find a person who lives close enough to the rigger to pay a personal visit.
maybe Facebook will help here if no other way
3. Provide that person with a letter authorising him to obtain the rig and ship it to you.
4. Pay that helpful person some gas money and lunch money for his trouble.

Good Luck.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Phillbo

Call the local police department and have them go retrieve the rig.

It's not that difficult.

It's not that simple. The cops may not want to get involved in a "service provider/client" dispute.
They certainly aren't going to go somewhere and take property without a lot more than a phone call. They are going to want documentation. Proof of ownership, proof of payment, and on and on. A theft compliant may need to be filed.

And even then they may refuse to get involved. A friend had a elaborate stereo stolen from his car. He found out who took it, found the car it was in, had all the receipts to prove it was his. But the cops wouldn't do anything about it. I never heard the entire reasoning behind it, but my friend ended up stealing his stereo back.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

rwieder

You know I like to do things old school.

Your my kind of girl! J/K Don't get mad. ROAD TRIP!! Wonder how much ROXXC would pay us? We could rent a "Blues Mobile" don black suits, wear great big Ray Bans, we'd look very intimidating! Oh golly, look at the fun we'd have. Oh we'd have to get it on video, or it didn't happen...Right? B| We could even lie and say "We're on a mission from God!" (Dan Ackroyd!) Oh, love your sig line baby! :ph34r::D:S;)

Best-
Richard

""Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.""

:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Local PD will probably not retrieve it since it is a client/service issue that's place is more akin to a court room. You could get a lawyer to contact them and send written (certified notice) of intent to file a claim. At the cost of a rig it could be considered grand theft.

First option: have someone pick it up for you and they can ship it. Buy them beer. You said you were in Maine so I was going to offer to do it (I'm in NH) but you say its in NY which is too far for me to do. I bet someone out there would pick it up and send it. FOr beer ;)

I'll admit if someone had a few thousand dollars worth of my stuff I wouldnt let it go so easy or go to the message board until I was ready to out them publicly.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

Roxxx

I jumped my gear with "Little Ricky" at Skydive the Ranch, Gardiner, NY.
He does not work for the DZ. He worked
I'm looking for pictures of it. Computer crash... So, searching.
I have a two year old here while trying... Brb

The last time I saw Little Ricky he was down at the Tropicana singing with his Dad's band. I'd start there.

I can't do the legal systems shit...

If you know him, pls help get me my gear back. B|

He has all my jump suits, and freaking everything :(
Last I heard, at his shop off the DZ.

(Fuck, all I did wrong here is trust my Rigger!)

If I can't jump, he shouldn't jump till he sends me my gear.
Does anyone know him that can go pick it up and ship to CA?

LuckyMcSwervy

***I jumped my gear with "Little Ricky" at Skydive the Ranch, Gardiner, NY.

The last time I saw Little Ricky he was down at the Tropicana singing with his Dad's band. I'd start there.

Not.....he was the drum player. B|:)
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

mjosparky

******I jumped my gear with "Little Ricky" at Skydive the Ranch, Gardiner, NY.

Not.....he was the drum player. B|:)
Sparky

Damn! All of those years working the conveyor belt at the candy factory has taken a toll on my memory. :(

I got a txt that he is shipping my gear. I'll update this thread when it arrives...
(Not that I believe any of you assholes give a shit, but I will post update.)
:)Mornings are for wind dummies. Go back to sleep.
-Blue Skies, RoxXx (in Cali, like every day!)

Roxxx

I got a txt that he is shipping my gear. I'll update this thread when it arrives...
:)Mornings are for wind dummies. Go back to sleep.
-Blue Skies, RoxXx (in Cali, like every day!)

Many of us assholes went above and beyond for a stranger who wasn't keen on helping herself and using the proper channels that were suggested by many well meaning and kind hearted people.

Regardless of your insult, I'm glad you're supposedly getting your gear back. Hope it isn't tampered with.

B|

That's a heck of a thing for you to say to all of the people here who have made loads of efforts, not to mention all the time it took to help you find your gear. You owe everyone here an apology. I'm starting to see your personality come through in your posts. Either you just fell out of a water melon wagon or your just rude by nature, I don't know. What I can tell you is with an attitude like yours, that's probably why no one jumped through hoops to help you to begin with. I know "Jumping Joe" would have done anything to help you, and yet you make the above remarks that are aimed towards everyone. Wow, with people like you around......

Best-
Richard