GogglesnTeeth

Night without the wife or kids... what to do...

So the wife is out of town for work and the girls are staying at the grandparents for a couple of nights.

What to do?

Can't drink myself to oblivion due to having to work every day and can't jump do to lack of time and $$$.

Thoughts?
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

Well, skydiving of course... but can't do that really during the week between after work and DARK!

Not a golfer, but that would be an option if I were.

I figure, if I can't think of anything good and cheap to do, I'll just let the bonfire do the thinking for me. Has never lead me wrong in the past.... Oh, wait.....
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

I know we pretty much all do the "when the cat's away" thing, but to me that's also kind of sad. Now, don't get me wrong, I can understand cutting back on the "hookers and blow" with kids around, but if you generally have to restrict your life so much because you live with somebody else who doesn't approve, man, I dunno what kind of living that is.

Some of your options seem pretty low level to have had to have been kept in check.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Go with a friend to see a movie your kids are too young for and that your wife would really hate.

Actually, watch it at home, wearing your grossest tshirt and raggiedest shorts

And as far as the options being too "pitiful," maybe that's because he does all the stuff he really likes with his family.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

What I'm saying is that with the possible exception of killing kittens why is he ever waiting for the cats to be away to do any of the other things?

Movie, sleep, even Hooters. WTF?
quade -

Well, I spent a number of years married to an ex-jumper, not jumping. I don't regret a single one of those years, or (well, most :D) of the other stuff, because in exchange I got other (emotional, relationship) stuff. Maybe she hates the Jackass movies (or whatever), and would give him a little shit (kind of like you are now) about wanting to watch one.

He's just having a little bit of fun, like the guy who says, in a drawn-out voice "ball and chain" about his wife that he likes (or "mother in law" about a perfectly nice lady).

Why shouldn't he?

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Giving him shit? I'm not giving him shit. I'm concerned he's not aiming high enough with the "opportunity" that has been presented to him. Three out of the four things he's listed he ought to be able to do virtually any day in full view of his entire family and the forth at least any time he's alone for 5 minutes if he wants. These shouldn't be things for "special occasions," but instead just a regular part of life.
quade -

GogglesnTeeth

Or I could just sit back and watch you two argue over my pathetic life.... (munch munch munch) :D:ph34r:[/laugh]

It does have the advantage of being cheap entertainment. ;) But again, you can certainly do that any time.
quade -

I was just trying to remember what I used to do when my exHusband would head to Pennsylvania to see his parents and I didn't tag along. I honestly don't think I did anything different except make the time for single friends that I didn't get to see that much anymore. I'm boring.
Always be kinder than you feel.

GogglesnTeeth

So the wife is out of town for work and the girls are staying at the grandparents for a couple of nights.

What to do?

Can't drink myself to oblivion due to having to work every day and can't jump do to lack of time and $$$.

Thoughts?

poker night, gamer day, bbq and beer night, walk around the house in undies night, "Internet" night, Game of Thrones marathon, break-out-the-weed session, have you tried walking around the house neked? it's quite liberating.

Hope those ideas help generate other ideas.

GooniesKid

***So the wife is out of town for work and the girls are staying at the grandparents for a couple of nights.

What to do?

Thoughts?

poker night, gamer day, bbq and beer night, walk around the house in undies night, "Internet" night, Game of Thrones marathon, break-out-the-weed session, have you tried walking around the house neked? it's quite liberating.

And have the weed smoke settle on the kid's toys or other surfaces they may touch? Great idea to suggest that one. :S
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

******So the wife is out of town for work and the girls are staying at the grandparents for a couple of nights.

What to do?

Thoughts?

And have the weed smoke settle on the kid's toys or other surfaces they may touch? Great idea to suggest that one. :S

well, you can always smoke it in the backyard..just saying there are other options. i smoke in the backyard and settle on my patio couch and watch the stars go by..it's pretty chill.