Amazon

Tilapia Never been on my diet.. never will

Rougarou

I bought some "swai" a while ago, because it sounded exotic. Turns out, swai is just an Asian catfish. Maybe the same problem there with cleanliness...

I have seen way too many "farmed" varieties of fish and how they are actually grown in my travels... I will stick to wild caught... in areas I know are as free of pollution as our current planet will allow. We are not completely free of it out here. but its better than most places.

I didn't even look at the link, but I'm sure I don't have to. Farm-raised fish is literally living in, and eating it's own waste. And that waste is probably from grain, which is so not what they really should be consuming.

Sounds yummy, doesn't it? :S

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Re: [Amazon] Tilapia Never been on my diet.. never will

Do you eat any "fish" at all? High end sushi in a fancy restaurant?

Hate to tell you this, but if you do, you've probably eaten tilapia mislabeled as any one of a number of fish. Google up "seafood fraud."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

Re: [Amazon] Tilapia Never been on my diet.. never will

Do you eat any "fish" at all? High end sushi in a fancy restaurant?

Hate to tell you this, but if you do, you've probably eaten tilapia mislabeled as any one of a number of fish. Google up "seafood fraud."

Nope and the restaurants that I do frequent.. I know where they source their fish. :)

FlyingRhenquest

I know someone who's planning to grow her own.

From what I've read, Tilapia really isn't all that good for you anyway.

If I had a pond adequate to grow them.. I would do as my cousin does... grows bass and bluegills. The pond is not that big... and the family created it over 100 years ago. Its only about 2 acres but DAMN they grow some nice large mouth in that thing. The water that feeds it is a small year round stream that flow off the mountain behind the farm.

SoCalJumper

if your not eating your feces out of a cup with two girls you're doing it wrong.

:D

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Amazon

If I had a pond adequate to grow them.. I would do as my cousin does... grows bass and bluegills.

What do bass and bluegills eat? Bugs. So when you eat bass & bluegills, you're eating bugs. That doesn't sound so appetizing either. Yuck! If "you are what you eat", then bass & bluegills are bugs, and you're a bug too. You're an insectivore.

Boogers

***If I had a pond adequate to grow them.. I would do as my cousin does... grows bass and bluegills.

What do bass and bluegills eat? Bugs. So when you eat bass & bluegills, you're eating bugs. That doesn't sound so appetizing either. Yuck! If "you are what you eat", then bass & bluegills are bugs, and you're a bug too. You're an insectivore.

Yum....

I prefer insects over feces... others seem to not mind so much:ph34r:

GooniesKid

***Blech. So glad I don't eat seafood. :|

Awww [:/]
If i were to ever ask you out on a date i would have taken you out to a fancy suchi bar or an authentic cajun food restaurant like Bubba Gumps. :|

Dude, just because she's playing Word Association with you doesn't mean you're going to hook up.
She doesn't do tadpoles.

Donny Osmond had much, much better game than you and he got nowhere.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

******Blech. So glad I don't eat seafood. :|

If i were to ever ask you out on a date i would have taken you out to a fancy suchi bar or an authentic cajun food restaurant like Bubba Gumps. :|

Dude, just because she's playing Word Association with you doesn't mean you're going to hook up.
She doesn't do tadpoles.

ok

wolfriverjoe

******Blech. So glad I don't eat seafood. :|

She doesn't do tadpoles.

Donny Osmond??
Always be kinder than you feel.