ryoder

Harrier With Jammed Nose Gear Lands On A Stool

LuckyMcSwervy

Last year, almost to the day now that I think about it, at a pre air show dinner, I was seated with this bad ass Harrier pilot who was performing the next day. He was so great to talk with. I wish I could remember his name. Damn it!!

Did he have any scars/tattoos in hidden places you can remember?:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Last year, almost to the day now that I think about it, at a pre air show dinner, I was seated with this bad ass Harrier pilot who was performing the next day. He was so great to talk with. I wish I could remember his name. Damn it!!

I'd have to ask his wife. :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

Arvoitus

I always thought those planes come in more softer, the last few meters seemed very violent.

Not very familiar with the term 'carrier landing' are ya? Get on youtube and do a search.

On a runway with a couple miles worth of pavement ahead, they can afford soft greasers, when your runway is a boat, not so much.

That being said, I wonder why they didn't have him lower power and just touch it, but I imagine it's so they didn't cook the deck.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

LuckyMcSwervy

******Last year, almost to the day now that I think about it, at a pre air show dinner, I was seated with this bad ass Harrier pilot who was performing the next day. He was so great to talk with. I wish I could remember his name. Damn it!!

Was there a blindfold then? :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Amazing British engineering ... try that on a Must Land forward plane ... [pah] ..Rule BritanniaB|.

P.S I'm dead pissed off that we no longer fly this beautiful bird but are buying some foreign shite:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

theonlyski

*********Last year, almost to the day now that I think about it, at a pre air show dinner, I was seated with this bad ass Harrier pilot who was performing the next day. He was so great to talk with. I wish I could remember his name. Damn it!!

Was there a blindfold then? :P

Does everything around here always come back around to banging? For Christ's sake he was an older, married man. Not my style. It was a fancy pre airshow dinner. Y'all need to find God. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

StreetScooby

I landed on a in my stool there, too.

Fixed it for 'ya... ;)

BTW, Navy pilots are incredible, IMO.

I don't think that was a NAVY Harrier..I think the pilot might think that was a sleight callin him NAVY. jus sayin:ph34r:

StreetScooby

I don't think that was a NAVY Harrier..I think the pilot might think that was a sleight callin him NAVY. jus sayinSly

Shame on me, you're probably right... Had to be a marine... :$:)

Yeah, Amazon beat me to it. It was a Marine flying that.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

LuckyMcSwervy

Last year, almost to the day now that I think about it, at a pre air show dinner, I was seated with this bad ass Harrier pilot who was performing the next day. He was so great to talk with. I wish I could remember his name. Damn it!!

Give me the details -- which event, date, location. I'll ask my friends. Do you happen to remember which squadron? (did you see a logo?) That would narrow down the search a bit.

Shut Up & Jump!

shropshire

Amazing British engineering ... try that on a Must Land forward plane ... [pah] ..Rule BritanniaB|.

P.S I'm dead pissed off that we no longer fly this beautiful bird but are buying some foreign shite:(

Umm.... yeah. After we FIFY! ;) (I will admit that the concept was brilliant -- we just got it over the finish line at the end there).

FWIW, we're losing ours eventually, too. :( Second most beautiful aircraft we (Marines) have ever flown.

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

***Amazing British engineering ... try that on a Must Land forward plane ... [pah] ..Rule BritanniaB|.

Umm.... yeah. After we FIFY! ;) (I will admit that the concept was brilliant -- we just got it over the finish line at the end there).

FWIW, we're losing ours eventually, too. :( Second most beautiful aircraft we (Marines) have ever flown.

1st better be the SR-71

second is the F-18.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******Amazing British engineering ... try that on a Must Land forward plane ... [pah] ..Rule BritanniaB|.

1st better be the SR-71

Nope... Numero Uno would be the Corsair from War II. Those gull wings are dead sexy.

Amazon

*********Amazing British engineering ... try that on a Must Land forward plane ... [pah] ..Rule BritanniaB|.

1st better be the SR-71

Uh, no. Marines don't fly the SR-71. And F-18? You've GOT to be kidding me. :S

Nope... Numero Uno would be the Corsair from War II. Those gull wings are dead sexy.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. B| Especially if you've ever seen one fly. Damn!

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

***Last year, almost to the day now that I think about it, at a pre air show dinner, I was seated with this bad ass Harrier pilot who was performing the next day. He was so great to talk with. I wish I could remember his name. Damn it!!

Give me the details -- which event, date, location. I'll ask my friends. Do you happen to remember which squadron? (did you see a logo?) That would narrow down the search a bit.

Found it. http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=GGq5lhY_Kao

LuckyMcSwervy

Does everything around here always come back around to banging? For Christ's sake he was an older, married man. Not my style. It was a fancy pre airshow dinner. Y'all need to find God. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I never said banging. Shows where your mind is. ;)

BTW, I'm not the one trying to find a guy that I met once over dinner a year ago. :P:P