craddock

Kid withheld by mother again!

Third god damn state with the third boyfriend and for the third time my sons mother refused to return him to me after summer vacation to be with me for the school year per court orders. Wheels of justice are slow as shit and my kid is out of school and I have not seen him for months. Not happy and need to fly to Austin TX now for a court date after she claimed enough lies to get a hearing to see if Texas will transfer jurisdiction. I could just scream. I have lost everything fighting over this and I can not afford this anymore. Neither can my 9 year old. Off to Texas I go. I am depressed. Sorry. Needed to shout. He is a straight A student that scored 99 percentile in his 3rd grade tests last year that grade the schools. And he has always been with me for the school year while his mother has not paid a dime in child support. I think I have done something right to get him so advanced and talented but no one cares. Sympathy for the selfish mother that chases men all over the country and is more immersed in body building and "supplements" than her own son most of the year
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I got divorced in 2007 and have joint legal and shared physical custody of my boys. The battle required to get here was incredible, for all of the equality in the judiciary nothing helps out more in a situation like yours than having a vagina.

Fight the good fight, do what's best for your son, do anything you can to maintain your rights, and don't attack your ex in his eyes.

Even if everything goes to hell, you'll know you did the right thing and someday when he is old enough he will know it as well.

File a custodial intererence report in your home jurisdiction before heading there. It makes good ammunition when discussing custody and her disdain for legal process. In my state, violation of a parenting order amounts to contempt of court, and can get an offending party arrested, and court orders modified or amended to your advantage.

In my opinion, while joint custody is preferable in many situations, the court system is filled with lazy ass judges and lazy ass lawyers that use it as a one size fits all solution that allows them to do the least amount of work possible.

Of course judge, it makes sense for a woman who constantly violates court orders to the detriment of the child's education and overall well being to continue to have summer visitation rights.

Good luck, sorry you and your child have to deal with this bullshit. :|

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

FastRon

File a custodial intererence report in your home jurisdiction before heading there. It makes good ammunition when discussing custody and her disdain for legal process. In my state, violation of a parenting order amounts to contempt of court, and can get an offending party arrested, and court orders modified or amended to your advantage.

Yes and I have filed it but the judge has been out of town on vacation and apparently another judge has not signed it to set up a court date. Waiting for a call so I can start the serving process down there but heard nothing yet. Hopefully I get the call today.

Not sure what having papers amended to MY advantage means. Just charge her through the criminal side as well as the contempt side this time and set a example for once she can not get away. Child needs his mother as well
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

What he said. Maybe get a good mediator involved, so that maybe she can understand that she's using her son as a weapon, and not valuing him for himself. I'm saying "her" son because she probably will only do constructive things for "her" son, and not "your" son. [:/]

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

DougH

Of course judge, it makes sense for a woman who constantly violates court orders to the detriment of the child's education and overall well being to continue to have summer visitation rights.
:|

The flip side is not good for my child either. She is a good mom when she is in that mode and loves her child to death. That goes both ways. I can't take the his Mother away from him. I just wish we could live closer. She needs to settle down and quit moving. This is the Third perfect man she has met. The last one beat her up with close fists and gave her an eye that was swollen shut. And she was smart enough to actually send me a text picture of it the next day before she forgave him and took him back. That was nice ammo

This time I carry guns and knives and am dangerous to my child's welfare. Again a straight A student that is a top notch skier and set cub scout track records with his gorgeous painted, wet sanded and buffed derby car that I made him do the work. List goes on and on. Point is we go all out on everything. From School to riding bicycle. Other elementary schools know who he is in town. And while I strongly support CCW and am valid in many states and speak my mind, I actually have never carried. It is more political for me to get it. I do not wear the proper attire to carry although I have in the woods bow hunting so I should have never said never

craddock

This time I carry guns and knives and am dangerous to my child's welfare. Again a straight A student that is a top notch skier and set cub scout track records with his gorgeous painted, wet sanded and buffed derby car that I made him do the work. List goes on and on. Point is we go all out on everything. From School to riding bicycle. Other elementary schools know who he is in town. And while I strongly support CCW and am valid in many states and speak my mind, I actually have never carried. It is more political for me to get it. I do not wear the proper attire to carry although I have in the woods bow hunting so I should have never said never

Sorry your going thru this crap.

But this is your new normal.

Your wife knows she can yank your chain thru the child court system, and other sneaky shot involving your boy.

The good news that eventually your son will be able to choose to live with who ever he decides. Your son should be able to see thru any bad stuff your X is saying about you.

Good luck
One Jump Wonder

craddock

She is a good mom when she is in that mode and loves her child to death. That goes both ways. I can't take the his Mother away from him.

A good mother doesn't talk shit about her child's father in order to keep custody.

I agree with others, keep fighting through the courts to try and give your son a stable life.

Stay strong for your son.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Remster

I am not a lawyer, but, I'm pretty sure one would suggest you do not post gripes about possible issues you have with your ex-spouse on a publicly available online forum.

My kid is not going to read it and I could care less if she or her attorney or the judge reads it. I only stated basic well know facts. Nothing that is even worth challenging. It is actually public information now that everything is filed. I appreciate your input however I just do not see what stating basic facts of a situation can harm. Willing to listen though

So after a month and a half my son was finally ordered to be returned to me from Texas. She has a week to do so. This is going to be very hard on my son as he is in school down there and doesn't understand what is going on. His mother fly's by the seat of her pants and does not even stay in one state for more than a year though. So sad

Having seen both sides of unreasonable parents fighting with their exes... Yes, the courts heavily side with the mother, but on the flip side, many, many, MANY women find themselves without child support and with dead-beat exes who cause nothing but trouble. The number one profile of person living below the poverty line in north america: single moms. Sad but true.

Again, having witnessed BOTH sides, I feel for what you are going through. A friend of mine fought for years to have his RIGHT to see his son recognised... Very, very sad indeed and especially sad for his son who was constantly being used as a weapon against him. Kids are not stupid and they eventually figure out when they have been lied to but there is no denying that depriving a child of his/her father is not a good thing (unless the guy is actually a scumbag - usually this is not really the case).

Keep fighting and don't give up. Even the mere fact that you are doing everything you can for your son counts. Bigtime. He will realise this - no matter what she says you will always be able to demonstrate the truth.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I just wish the courts would judge each case on an individual basis and not side favorably one sex over the other with a blanket.

There are dead beat dads, but there are also bitches that do everything to screw over their exes.

Friend of mine is divorced with 2 kids, and 8 years later his ex still bad-mouths him in front of their kids, even though SHE was the one who cheated on him and then kicked HIM out, and SHE won custody. He got a raw deal. [:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban