Nataly

Retail therapy...

So I just bought a bunch of shit. Shit I don't even need. And now I feel like sending it all back and saying "I'm sorry - there is nothing wrong with your merchandise but there is something wrong with me and I've just realised this stuff isn't going to fix it... Can we just forget the whole thing and pretend I never ordered it?? I already have too much stuff..." [:/]

Don't we all have too much stuff really??

God I'm depressed.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

ryoder

I hope you at least bought a replacement motorcycle in all that shit.:|

That is the one thing that *would* have been useful...

But my left hand still hurts and my right one hasn't been operated on yet... Much as it pains me to admit it, it's probably best that I don't have a bike. At least not at this very moment.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I've learned to focus my retail therapy -- for me, part of the therapy is in the search. I'll look at some of my favorite sites to get some ideas. Once I find that ONE thing that really speaks to me, I set it aside until the next day. If I still really want it the next day (especially if that is paired with a GREAT price for said item), then I'll buy it. I extend that feeling by going to my email and looking at the confirmation message for that item, so I know I'm still excited about that one item. Usually it's an article of clothing or an accessory. Once it arrives, I go out to eat or go meet friends, wearing that piece or using that accessory.

My other form of positive therapy is cooking/baking. Now that the holidays are coming up, I'm looking forward to making a lot of breads for my friends and coworkers (pumpkin, apple, zucchini, banana) I make them in mini-loaf pans so I can mix several together in a gift basket. For me, creating something is just as theraputic as purchasing something!

As for your buyer's remorse: perhaps sending it all back will make you feel even better, since you will have unloaded that added burden you've just taken on. Anyway, hope you feel better soon, Nat!!! :)

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

>>>>>>>>I've learned to focus my retail therapy -- for me, part of the therapy is in the search.

Buy a Harley... it's all about the hunt for cool shit, more chrome, higher apes, complete exhaust or just slip-ons.... Days of searching the sites, comparing prices, well, if I do this, then should I add that. Is that gonna require this?

Man grunt. It's the only "shopping" I do. The rest of it is assault shopping. Go in, buy, get out!! ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Nataly

Don't we all have too much stuff really??

God I'm depressed.

Hell yeah. We just downsized and are still trying to get rid of stuff. How did I end up with 3 claw hammers. How many can I use at once.:D

Depressed? Come out here for Christmas. We'll go fly in the tunnel a while and pig out on prime rib. B|

BIGUN

>>>>>>>>I've learned to focus my retail therapy -- for me, part of the therapy is in the search.

Buy a Harley... it's all about the hunt for cool shit, more chrome, higher apes, complete exhaust or just slip-ons.... Days of searching the sites, comparing prices, well, if I do this, then should I add that. Is that gonna require this?

Man grunt. It's the only "shopping" I do. The rest of it is assault shopping. Go in, buy, get out!! ;)

Yeah, I've already been down that road (pun unintended, but funny anyway). Now instead of "buy a Harley," it's "buy a rig." I find myself very attracted to gear catalogs! [:/] Luckily, that's something I can "window shop" virtually. ;)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Ahhh yes, the days of three custom rigs and a tandem rig, plus three suits, plus which boogie this month?

Between skydiving and Harleys... if I had been born a "normal" I'd be much further ahead financially. But, then again, I would have had a life and not have lived.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

HighJB

If you bought it online in France, you have a 7 days delay to cancel the purchase.

Pffff... I'm still trying to get my refund from stuff I returned in 2011 (yes, within the legal delays)... :S Anyway this wasn't bought in France (so I probably *could* get a refund even though I'm not "entitled" to it!!!)

I bought some leather goods from Saddleback Leather (US). It's sitting at the post office and should be delivered to me on Friday. As far as useless shit is concerned, at least this stuff should look pretty and outlive me (100 yr warrantee)!!

I also bought a piano from Thomann (Germany). Because who doesn't need a piano??

I'm like Lisa - HATE shopping. I think I just feel sad and I wanted to "treat myself" to cheer myself up. Didn't work. Should have just had another beer. [:/]

Thanks for the invite John - even just the thought made me smile a little :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

BIGUN

~ INDEED (less the " Man grunt") ;)B|

Zep

Bring back the days of Meccano, Leggo and Barbi.

Ahhhhh Meccano... Best toy EVER!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

***Bring back the days of Meccano, Leggo and Barbi.

I had to look that up. Turns out it's what we Yanks call an Erector Set. I think every family in America had a set when I was growing up. Lincoln logs, too!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

******Bring back the days of Meccano, Leggo and Barbi.

I had to look that up. Turns out it's what we Yanks call an Erector Set. I think every family in America had a set when I was growing up. Lincoln logs, too!

:D:D:D Erector set!!! :D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

:D:D:D Erector set!!! :D:D:D

Erector, not Erection. :P

Makes me wonder, now, how many kids thought erection, or was it just such a part of the culture that it never triggered that thought. It never made me think of that till your post.

I know that none of the kids, that I knew anyways, ever voiced that prurient idea. :) But, hey, I grew up in a family full of engineers. :D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9