Nataly

Would you be annoyed??

I sent some flowers to someone to celebrate 6 months of sobriety... I picked the arrangement because it was in a smiley mug so once the flowers died she'd still remember her achievement every time she drank (a non alcoholic beverage) out of it.

So here is what I sent: http://www.maggiesflowersofriverview.com/riverview-flowers/telefloras-be-happy-bouquet-with-roses-372560p.asp?rcid=3584&point=1 Note the description: "Full of happy flowers, this ceramic happy face mug will bring smiles for years to come. Especially when filled with that first cup of morning coffee or cocoa!"

And attached is what she got... Not "Yellow roses and daisy spray chrysanthemums along with white daisy spray chrysanthemums and oregonia are delivered in the one and only Be Happy® mug." But yellow/orange roses (those are ok) and plain white chrysanthemums (not daisy and no yellow ones, and pretty sad-looking to boot), cheap fern (instead of oregonia) and a smiley vase (not a mug). She ain't gonna drink her coffee in a flower vase, is she??

Total cost for the bouquet was $72.32 (including $8.00 for delivery). I reckon the pathetic little thing she got was worth no more than about $20.00.

I am pretty annoyed.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Remster

***That little arrangement??? That WOULD go for about $20 here in the U.S! :S

You obviously have never used a service like 1800flowers.com, ftd, or the likes...

Sure I have. That looks like a $20-30 bouquet to me. Unless the size deceives me. Hard to tell without a ruler
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think its cute but not worth what you paid and she can't drink coffee out of a vase. But I'm sure she'll still think of you and/or her achievement every time she picks up fresh flowers from the market. It was a lovely thought and not many people would think to mark the occasion. I'm sure your friend really appreciates it; a gift like that would make my day. Remember, it's the thought that counts.

tigra

I think its cute but not worth what you paid and she can't drink coffee out of a vase. But I'm sure she'll still think of you and/or her achievement every time she picks up fresh flowers from the market. It was a lovely thought and not many people would think to mark the occasion. I'm sure your friend really appreciates it; a gift like that would make my day. Remember, it's the thought that counts.

Well said!

As far as what goes on between you and the florist that delivered that, I can't advise, but I would be a little miffed, too.

NEVER mention that to the person you sent the flowers to.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

***I think its cute but not worth what you paid and she can't drink coffee out of a vase. But I'm sure she'll still think of you and/or her achievement every time she picks up fresh flowers from the market. It was a lovely thought and not many people would think to mark the occasion. I'm sure your friend really appreciates it; a gift like that would make my day. Remember, it's the thought that counts.

Well said!

As far as what goes on between you and the florist that delivered that, I can't advise, but I would be a little miffed, too.

NEVER mention that to the person you sent the flowers to.

Too right - I didn't say anything... But I did call the florist and complained... Yes, a substituation OF EQUAL VALUE is one of their clauses, and clearly what was sent was not at all worth what I paid for... They are ordering some mugs and as soon as they have some in stock they will send it to my friend. Their original excuse was "we are busy - we did the best we could"... Then their suggestion to fix the problem was "would you like us to take them back and send the bouquet again when we have the flowers/mug"?? Seriously??

So miffed. Put the order through very early in the day and they had all my contact details to tell me they didn't have what I ordered. Utterly unprofessional.

Such is life. My friend is happy, though, so at least there's that!!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I voted yes, but I wouldn't be annoyed because I wouldn't use a "large scale florist network" in the first place.

I don't do it often, but I'll get some local recommendations on a good florist. A local one.
Then call them directly and order exactly what I want.
And make sure they understand that if they can't do it, let me know before they make any substitutions.

Doing it the week of Valentine's Day didn't help either.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I sent flowers to a girlfriend at work who had looked after me the weekend after I had a motorcyle skid-out. The note was to read:

"Timberly, thank you for taking care of me this weekend. I'm fortunate to have you in my life."

What was delivered was:

"Tim, thank you for care this weekend. Unfortunate to have you in my wife."
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

wolfriverjoe

I voted yes, but I wouldn't be annoyed because I wouldn't use a "large scale florist network" in the first place.

I don't do it often, but I'll get some local recommendations on a good florist. A local one.
Then call them directly and order exactly what I want.
And make sure they understand that if they can't do it, let me know before they make any substitutions.

Doing it the week of Valentine's Day didn't help either.

It's a local florist who happen to also work with a large-scale florist network. I put the order with the local florist, online because when I called they said that way I could see the different arrangements to choose from. And I realise the eve of Valentin's day is not ideal but then I didn't pick the day my friend decided to stop drinking!!

Meh. Ya try to do a good thing... She's way over in Canada and I am here in France so it's not like I could walk in there and pick the flowers/shop in person... Such is life.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

DJL

I sent flowers to a girlfriend at work who had looked after me the weekend after I had a motorcyle skid-out. The note was to read:

"Timberly, thank you for taking care of me this weekend. I'm fortunate to have you in my life."

What was delivered was:

Sounds like a call center in India :D

GD64

***I sent flowers to a girlfriend at work who had looked after me the weekend after I had a motorcyle skid-out. The note was to read:

What was delivered was:

Yep! :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

******I sent flowers to a girlfriend at work who had looked after me the weekend after I had a motorcyle skid-out. The note was to read:

What was delivered was:

Or maybe BillyVance took the order and wrote it just like he heard it!! :D:D:P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

*********I sent flowers to a girlfriend at work who had looked after me the weekend after I had a motorcyle skid-out. The note was to read:

What was delivered was:

Or maybe BillyVance took the order and wrote it just like he heard it!! :D:D:P

Wouldn't surprise me either! :D:D