champu

Misadventures in Coffee-Deprived Coffee Preparation

I've put water in the machine twice causing the cup to overflow. I've scooped unground beans into the filter. I've poured ground beans into the basket with no filter.

This morning I took the crank off the grinder and tried to scoop beans into it with the lid still on.

Stumpy

Sounds like you need a Keurig/nespresso to get the first shot of caffeine, so you are then coherent enough to brew yourself a decent coffee!

I keep a growler of cold press in the fridge for just that reason.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Stumpy

Sounds like you need a Keurig/nespresso to get the first shot of caffeine, so you are then coherent enough to brew yourself a decent coffee!

Is it one of these thingys? >The K-cup coffee and tea cartridges are difficult to recycle because they are made of three materials: a plastic cup, which is lined with a heat-sealed paper filter, plus a polyethylene-coated aluminum foil top. Keurig says the packaging keeps coffee fresh, but the cartridges are not biodegradable.[:/]
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I NEED a cup down before I am fully awake & functionable...

during winter months I enjoy it with a touch of 'sugar free' flavored creamers (hazelnut, caramel macchiato).

One morning I absent mindedly grabbed the parmesan cheese, not realizing it till I took my 1st sip :S

I no longer keep them on the same shelf in the fridge :$

* I also have filled the reservoir twice...more than once :|

champu

I've put water in the machine twice causing the cup to overflow. I've scooped unground beans into the filter. I've poured ground beans into the basket with no filter.

This morning I took the crank off the grinder and tried to scoop beans into it with the lid still on.

I've occasionally poured the water from the carafe into the coffee maker, set the carafe aside on the stove, and then turned the thing on. With no carafe in it.
The result is stimulating.

Andy9o8

***I've put water in the machine twice causing the cup to overflow. I've scooped unground beans into the filter. I've poured ground beans into the basket with no filter.

I've occasionally poured the water from the carafe into the coffee maker, set the carafe aside on the stove, and then turned the thing on. With no carafe in it.

I've done that. More frequently I'll forget to add the ground beans and brew hot water.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

******I've put water in the machine twice causing the cup to overflow. I've scooped unground beans into the filter. I've poured ground beans into the basket with no filter.

I've done that. More frequently I'll forget to add the ground beans and brew hot water.well that means you wanted some twinning a breakfast tea.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

skygypsie

I NEED a cup down before I am fully awake & functionable...

during winter months I enjoy it with a touch of 'sugar free' flavored creamers (hazelnut, caramel macchiato).

One morning I absent mindedly grabbed the parmesan cheese, not realizing it till I took my 1st sip :S

I no longer keep them on the same shelf in the fridge :$

* I also have filled the reservoir twice...more than once :|

Speaking of creamers. My older brother many moons ago brushed his teeth w/ Brillcream while in his morning haze. And another relative grabbed a Pepsi and took a swig in the morning forgetting he was playing w/ pepper spray before he crashed and had put some in the can. I know I can't fuckup. I go straight for the vodka and OJ. How can you fuck that up?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Andy9o8

Once again, I say the best thing is loading the coffee maker the night before and setting the timer. Waking up to a pot of fresh coffee? Ahhhhh. B|

JohnMitchell

We do ground coffee in a Mr. Coffee brewer on timer. Grounds and filter all get composted. Low impact, high caffeine. B|

we found a re-usable filter make coffee rinse and repeat
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

akarunway

***Sounds like you need a Keurig/nespresso to get the first shot of caffeine, so you are then coherent enough to brew yourself a decent coffee!

Is it one of these thingys? >The K-cup coffee and tea cartridges are difficult to recycle because they are made of three materials: a plastic cup, which is lined with a heat-sealed paper filter, plus a polyethylene-coated aluminum foil top. Keurig says the packaging keeps coffee fresh, but the cartridges are not biodegradable.[:/]

I dislike all those things for two reasons - 1. SO MUCH PACKAGING its actually outrageous how unsustainable they are.
2. Coffee is average at best.

But Champu sounded like he needed some special help. ;)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

turtlespeed

***Sounds like you need a Keurig/nespresso to get the first shot of caffeine, so you are then coherent enough to brew yourself a decent coffee!

I keep a growler of cold press in the fridge for just that reason.

I've been in NZ too long - it needs to be decent espresso for me now. Or occasionally a nice pourover. Getting good results with swissgold filters recently.
Heading back to the UK later this year and dreading the coffee shops - I think I may need to invest in one of these:
http://londiniumespresso.com/lever-espresso-machines
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Coffee really doesn't do it for me anymore. Jumping out of a plane wakes me up. Coffee is just a primer for that. Now if I could just figure out how to jump out of a plane every morning, 365 days a year... It wouldn't be THAT much more expensive than Starbucks!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Stumpy

I've been in NZ too long - it needs to be decent espresso for me now. Or occasionally a nice pourover. Getting good results with swissgold filters recently.
Heading back to the UK later this year and dreading the coffee shops

If you're moving to London, there's a sprinkling of Aussie/Kiwi owned coffee shops that do decent espresso now, and Café Nero's Flat White is generally drinkable. Still wouldn't order a doppio from them though.