keithbar

WTF. with the weather ?

Amazon

***Wow...
whether the weather will weather us....or NOT ,,,
is the big topic of conversation around here ;)
looks Like NOT ... at least through the REST of This year B|

Dec 31st ,, and the lawns are still green,, ( we got a small burst of snow a few nights ago,,,which has Now all melted ) In fact lettuce from seed,,, which I scattered in my garden in May,,, has recently sprouted and I can Pick a small handful of fresh salad fixings ANY day now....!!!

It HAS been getting cold enough at night for the Ski places to make snow,,,,, so my friends and family who Like to ski will SOON be able.......
Not sure what 2016 will bring ......except for the fact that in about 75 Days or so....we hope to be in Fitzgerald Ga. !!!!!!
every day, from now til then, which remains snow free and above freezing,,,, will be OK by Me.....:)Happy 2016 to Alll.....

B|

Plenty of snow in our mountains Jimmy... and even here in the foothills of the Cascades... it is right chilly outside right now... 18 F here at the house... but the fire in the woodstove is making it right comfy here in my little hovel in the woods.
http://mtbaker.us/snow-report

Just read that Sierra snow pack is 132% of normal. Great start!

piisfish

Ask on speakers corner, half the people say it's a left wing social-ecologist bullshit conspiracy :D

I thought it was right-wing geo-engineering conspiracy ("chemtrails")? This "Geo-engineering Watch Group" has taken out an ad on a local electronic freeway billboard to "stop the spraying". Sigh.... :S

Elisha

******Wow...
whether the weather will weather us....or NOT ,,,
is the big topic of conversation around here ;)
looks Like NOT ... at least through the REST of This year B|

Dec 31st ,, and the lawns are still green,, ( we got a small burst of snow a few nights ago,,,which has Now all melted ) In fact lettuce from seed,,, which I scattered in my garden in May,,, has recently sprouted and I can Pick a small handful of fresh salad fixings ANY day now....!!!

It HAS been getting cold enough at night for the Ski places to make snow,,,,, so my friends and family who Like to ski will SOON be able.......
Not sure what 2016 will bring ......except for the fact that in about 75 Days or so....we hope to be in Fitzgerald Ga. !!!!!!
every day, from now til then, which remains snow free and above freezing,,,, will be OK by Me.....:)Happy 2016 to Alll.....

B|

Plenty of snow in our mountains Jimmy... and even here in the foothills of the Cascades... it is right chilly outside right now... 18 F here at the house... but the fire in the woodstove is making it right comfy here in my little hovel in the woods.
http://mtbaker.us/snow-report

Just read that Sierra snow pack is 132% of normal. Great start!

That should help put a wee bit of water in the reservoirs... but hopefully it will keep on all winter. Last year we had some good snow.. then it got warm in JAN and FEB and most of it melted off and the rest of the winter was just sort of wet.. then it all went dry two months earlier than normal... result... it seemed like half of Washington State was on fire.

billvon

>Have you and Normiss switched to mostly LED Christmas lights?

We put up about 600 feet of lights along the canyon fence (both sides.) I just checked with a kill-a-watt meter - only 70 watts.

Amazing. B| All that decorating for the power cost of a bright lamp bulb.

When Vskydiver and I remodeled our current home, we installed LED can lights all over the house, many on dimmer switches. Super nice in the kitchen esp. B|

Andrea is a major deal shopper and buys the next year's in the end of year sales so we've agreed to not buy any non-LED lights if at all possible going forward.
Some of the Xmas lights are hard to tell in the package. >:(

Has anyone found the yellow bug lights in LED yet?
CFL's are worse than the incandescent bulbs and that's the only ones I can find in place of the latter.

normiss

Has anyone found the yellow bug lights in LED yet?
CFL's are worse than the incandescent bulbs and that's the only ones I can find in place of the latter.

http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-605023-Lite-Bulb-Yellow/dp/B002NH5TTA
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

After going through what seemed like the warmest and wettest December in recent memory, the weather now feels like normal for January. In the 30's.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

skymama

Central Florida. We've been in a heat wave all month! It's been awful and it makes me sad to be cheated out of being able to wear pants.

On the other hand, I really appreciated judging at Collegiates in pleasant weather! (Last year in Eloy we all froze.) I know the competitors appreciated it, too! ;)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!