keithbar

frosty cold beverages

so I have a rotation of a couple dozen 12 ounce beer glasses at the house. Try to keep several frosty cold in the freezer compartment.I just noticed I was drinking from 1 that I got at the 2008 Richmond " The" boogie.it has a cartoon figure . an old school jumper belly wart. gutter gear. with the leg extended like the seventies Robert Crumb keep on truckin cartoon. I had three of them at one time but this is the sole survivor.[:/] I miss those boogie's. let's everyone raise a glass to the now defunct Richmond boogies. B|
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I don't understand why "frosty cold" is good... Kills the taste. Maybe good enough for piss. Proper beverages have ideal drinking temperatures, and I can't think of many that need to be frozen, except for Ben & Jerries beer (if they have any).
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

piisfish

I don't understand why "frosty cold" is good... Kills the taste. Maybe good enough for piss. Proper beverages have ideal drinking temperatures, and I can't think of many that need to be frozen, except for Ben & Jerries beer (if they have any).

My wife will only drink Corona, and only frosty cold. Why? Because it kills the taste, that's the point. I will drink pretty much any beer at any reasonable temperature. Why? Because I'm not a beer snob. My favourite is Guinness, but many people don't even consider that to be beer.

I wish I had been to one of those boogies.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I guess I'm just a man of simple taste's. I drink American beer. Drive a 1998 dodge pickup. One of my rigs was made in 94 and holds a reserve from 88. My other rig was made in 88 and holds a reserve from 2004. But yeah the Richmond boogie's were the shit. B|

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I'm with you on the simple things. Newest rig I've owned for myself is a '94 Talon 2. I drive an '03 Safari, because I like vans and AWD. And anyone who thinks American beer is bad should try the domestic Canadian crap.

And...when I drink Scotch, I don't really care if it's single malt or blended and I'm not impressed by how much it costs.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Yep. Not picky with beer but I don't seem to drink as much these days. I can do without the frosted glass. (I do secretly like a nice cold can of Old Milwaukee once in a while.) My rig is a Vector II with a nice round serial number. But I haven't looked at it for quite some time [:/].

When you guys say "American beer", do you mean:
a) Beer actually made by American companies?
b) Beer mass-marketed in America, but produced by foreign companies?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Rick

I don't know but all this beer talk is making me thirsty

+1. Not to mention, my current job is driving me to drink, and today has been one of those days!

(though incidentally for the record, I like a dark beer kept in the cupboard, but served in a cold glass. OP -- this should have been a poll! ;))
:D
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

***I don't know but all this beer talk is making me thirsty

+1. Not to mention, my current job is driving me to drink, and today has been one of those days!

(though incidentally for the record, I like a dark beer kept in the cupboard, but served in a cold glass. OP -- this should have been a poll! ;))

Come and join me and Normiss we just got to the local pub
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

******I don't know but all this beer talk is making me thirsty

Come and join me and Normiss we just got to the local pub

I wish I could make it there! Since I'm stuck here, I just poured a shot from one of the bottles I keep in my office. :) I'm drinking it with you in spirit!
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!