superstu

lowest pulled

Disposable cameras work just fine under canopy.
I did a jump and took pics while in freefall. When you try to steady it or look through the viewer, you start to dive.(click..rewind, click...rewind)
canopy shots came out great though.

I used to jump T-10s' and MC1-1s' static line at 800' on a regular basis with the military, but the norm was 1250' for fixed wing and 1500' for a rotor wing. As silly as it sounds, I like jumping rounds, combat equipment at night. It's an awsome feeling. I'm a rigger in the reserves now, so most of my military jumps are daytime, but as long as the govt is providing, I'm not bitching.

Absolute lowest is 600-ish (BASE).

Lowest for a skydive is about 1800 after just finishing a tracking dive. Lowest you could go to count for distance was 2000 and I was gonna milk it for all it was worth. ;)

The twisted part of me would love to do a hop-n-pop with a BASE rig and suck it down to about 600 (color me conservative :P) in front of the whuffos. :S

'Course I'd prolly be banned for life from every DZ within 100 miles if I actually tried a stunt like that. :ph34r:

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

i was just interested in what's the lowest everyone has pulled, for what ever reason. me personally in my short skydiving career is i think 2.7k

this is not Tom This IS the Skymonekey!

Anyway, I have dumped at about a grand on a four-way jump back before we had audibles, and I have chopped at a grand on a wingsuit jump.

Good day,

Chuck
Hearts & Minds
2 to the Heart-
1 to the Mind-
Home of the Coconut Lounge, Spa, & Artillery Range

all but one of us kept turning points until our 8th tracked back to the formation and got our attension.

OMG! I bet that made one hell of a video!

My personal lowest is 2500 from both freefall and c&p. Low enough..

Normally, the PC is leaving my hand at 3K and stowing my slider by 2300-2400K, but I have no problems doing a hop-n-pop from 2-2.5K from a fast-moving Cessna if the weather is crappy.

At Rantoul, I routinely found myself in the saddle between 1700-1800 which is about the edge of my comfort level.

The lowest, well...it was a hair into the triple digits. Let's just say that I could feel my Cypres arming on my back.:$

Kris

Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Exited about 1400, so I guess pulled at about 1399, deploying a fury into an Islander's burble, it spun up, I cleared it, turned, and landed.....Not really as much fun as it sounds.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

i guess the loest I pulled was on level 1.
after that, my numbers got higher now I got 140+ and I keep pulling on ehigher then the last.

my first pull was definitely Number 1...being the lowest so far my 140th pull was the highest. cronologically speaking!( I know, It was a lame attempt to look at the question in a different way but...you'll get over it):P

My photos

My Videos

I once cut away at 1600 so I guess the lowest pull is about 1400.
Lowest opening of main must be after I did 15 sec from 4000. Didn't lose altitude awareness or anything but decided to hang around to "feel the rush" a bit. It is very low for me since I usually pull closer to 4000.
---
PCSS #10

My didder said 1100 on an 8 way freefly during the film festival. Some guy corked and I just forgot about him. I tracked away at 4500, did my barrel roll and he was right on top of me (200') I kept tracking on my back waiting for him to pull...he took forever obviously. As soon as I saw his pilot chute, I flipped over and pulled. I could never figure out who it was.

The twisted part of me would love to do a hop-n-pop with a BASE rig and suck it down to about 600 (color me conservative ) in front of the whuffos.

A guy at Rantoul got out pretty low over tent city from a balloon. He was jumping a Mojo I think. B| I thought it was danm cool!!!

What's the flatline on a Timeout?

1500Ft

hi speed swoop can do it too---"Cool and/or Groovey Fridge Co.B|

900 feet...:o)

Rantoul. Rod's 412. No freakin idea, but I reached up as it was opening to grab my risers at my altimeter said 750. Stowed slider, released brakes, turned onto final and landed, ON TARGET!

:P
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1