BillyVance

Discovery Channel's Alaskan Bush People show

Well. Parker is trying to expand the far cut and get his 2 million dollar goal while fighting the viking trying to get his dredge going (man those fuckers don't have a clue about heavy rigging) and the other guys are running out of pay dirt.........
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I know it's a totally different show
But do people in Alaska really call a chainsaw a " butter knife " just wondering
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

turtlespeed

***Not that I know of.

Do they all try to talk like Sean Connery?

Supposedly, they created their own accent. They fade in and out of it while talking. What gets me about the show is, they 'supposedly' live off the land and are broke yet they have new firearms, new clothing, shave every day, have new tools and so-on. What a phoney load of crap.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/stars-of-alaskan-bush-people-reality-show-charged-with-felony-dividend-fraud-theft/29285166

Chuck

ryoder

Why would ANYONE care?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Why would ANYONE care?:|

Just stating the obvious that most reality TV shows are staged, and are not "real".
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

akarunway

Well. Parker is trying to expand the far cut and get his 2 million dollar goal while fighting the viking trying to get his dredge going (man those fuckers don't have a clue about heavy rigging) and the other guys are running out of pay dirt.........

I'm confused, I thought the Pomrenke's were working to get enough gold to go inland mining, then Shawn could take the "Christine Rose" to the Bluff. Meanwhile, Zeke and Emily are still not working together.

Damn, there are about 7-8 Alaskan reality shows running now; I've gotten sucked into a few myself[/I]
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Who cares! Even if it was real the show is garbage and they are a bunch of nut bags.

They show surprisingly little survival and pioneering skills, so no big surprise here with me.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Phillbo

I heard wrestling was staged too.

Scripted to a large extent, yes. Wrestlers in the WWE are some of the best one-take actors in the world. They'll plan out their moves and sequences pre-match if they're not familiar with each other, but those that have wrestled each other many times just go with the flow. They still gotta perform and be in good shape.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban